Three Ideals Fantasy Game - Feedback Thread

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
Shymaroon
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch

Three Ideals Fantasy Game - Feedback Thread

Post by Shymaroon »

Hello everyone. :love: This is my first tease, so I hope it's working alright!
Here it is: https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=40047

Your thoughts, advice, and questions are welcome here. If you encounter bugs, please describe them clearly and I will try to fix them and update the tease.
amythx
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Re: Three Ideals Fantasy Game - Feedback Thread

Post by amythx »

This was amazing! The theme really played well with the visuals. I also liked the colored texts.

I would love to have a metronome version of this tease or having a timer for the stroke counts.
Consider having the current stat in parentheses when the stat changes e.g.:

"You are devoured by the darkness (-1 to speed (3/5)) or something like that so I don't have to check the stats all the time.

Great work!
thatsprettyhot
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by thatsprettyhot »

I'm loving it :love: I would also love metronomes or timers to tell how fast the instructions must be completed, but maybe that's for your next project or something :D It's one of the best teases ever imo
Shymaroon
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Shymaroon »

Wow, thanks so much to both of you for the praise! :-D

I would have liked to have metronome/timer stuff, but I figured that would take too long to implement. I will consider it though.

The way the stats are displayed is a bit clunky, so that might be something I will improve. However I would have to update most of the pages of the tease, so for now it will probably stay how it is.

In any case, I'm glad you like it!
LiterallyADragon
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by LiterallyADragon »

I thought it was great! Great idea, good execution.

One thing I would change is the volatility. It just seems like there's a lot that can change in just the span of 2 cards. Like, -16 dignity. Which is a *lot* out of the max 20. It sort of seems to take away the purpose of the starting ideal. I'm also still not quite sure what speed does. Does it reduce how many cards until the final end? Or reduce the amount of tasks on a card? Also, I'm unclear how freedom works. I've done it three times and haven't gotten to change my ending once. Maybe I'm just unlucky. I might also have clarified if high dignity means high chance of getting a full orgasm, or *any* orgasm (including ruined). Maybe high freedom could interact with that to give you a more desirable end. I also still am unclear whether the ideals had any effect on specific cards, like if they did something different for different ideals or not.

A future idea may be to let the user tailor more closely how long they want the tease to go until the end. But it did seem fine as it was, maybe a little short. Oh, also a metronome and/or timer could be helpful. Also more edging/holding could make it challenging.

These are all pretty minor complaints/suggestions though. It's got great replay, and I look forward to cumming back to it a bunch more ;) Great job!
Shymaroon
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Shymaroon »

@LiterallyADragon
Thanks for your comment, and I'm glad you're enjoying it! ;-)

There is indeed a fair amount of volatility. I tried to mitigate this by adding the stat increase when you reach the portal. From my testing, it is pretty easy to max out an Ideal with just a bit of luck, but having multiple ones be high is (and should be) difficult.

Let me try to clear up your questions:
  • Speed will in general reduce the amount of cards until the end, but it is still random. (Like a game-board, Speed 1 lets you move 1-4 spaces forward, while speed 5 lets you move 1-12 spaces forward.)
  • Higher Freedom should increase your chance of being able to change your ending (unless you end on a goddess page). On the "Your fate is being determined" page, it tells you your exact chance of being able to do so.
  • Dignity increases the chance of a full orgasm, the alternative being that you ruin it. If you pick the "Denial Craver" feat, however, there is a chance you can have no orgasm, which gets smaller the higher your Dignity is.
  • Dignity has an effect on a few specific cards, but for the most part they do the same thing regardless of your Ideals.
The Speed mechanic was my way of letting you alter how long the tease lasts, but also the "Prolong the Adventure" choice after you meet a goddess lets you start from the beginning again. And the "Adept Edger" feat adds a bit more edging if you haven't tried it.
Shymaroon
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Shymaroon »

A couple changes I made to the tease just now:
  • Fixed one instance of a command being the wrong color.
  • Made the goddess endings optional. This way you can prolong the tease even if your stats matched up with a goddess.
LiterallyADragon
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by LiterallyADragon »

Thanks for the reply :) The ideals do make more sense now.
Looking forward to playing with the changes.