Arouse and Obey 2

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
wiltswilly
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: Arouse and Obey 2

Post by wiltswilly »

I think its brilliant too:

things that are bad:

the black screen. Should never be there, at least replace it with a "end" page. Otherwise, you never know if its supposed to be like that, or if it broken.
The guy at work thing was ... almost liek an afterthought, fair if it becomes something else in pr3, otherwise maybe its best enhanced a little (not much, its a tease, not explicit, so that part could be good)

things that are good:

great attitude to it all

the move-on-automatically - I read the guy who likes to read and take his time, but there are lots like that, having it move without interaction means you have to be paying attention all the time, which is in keeping with the tease.
imtoosexy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Domme (Female)

Post by imtoosexy »

tckt78 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:35 pm I hate to be "that guy," but I'm not loving this tease as much as the first. I've played it several times yet, and I get that I'm not going to get a code every time (none yet). My problem is I don't want to replay multiple times. Bear in mind, I miss that millie86 never finished the amazing "stroke training" series with multiple paths & codes, so that's not the issue. I just don't feel fully engaged with this tease like A&O or other "quick response" teases. I've replayed all levels of "stroke training" multiple times to work out the variations, so it's not an issue of tenacity.

Things that don't make sense to me:
  • Promise not to edge, then having an edging section. Shouldn't this be promise not to edge w/o permission?
  • The whole "guy at work" bit feels lackluster.
  • What I'm not doing to be more "commited" and "focused"
Will I continue to play to get the code? Maybe. Maybe it could use some begging at the end to better the odds (as A&O did with cumming). A&O remains a classic in my mind, often with me playing it multiple times/month still. If this is a step to another tease, it will ultimately be a forgotten tease. I hope I'm missing something, but after a couple of days of playing it, I feel its not what I had hoped in a sequel.
Well I did say I wanted feedback.. The biggest diffrence in A&O 1 and 2 is that I wrote 1 completely in Nyx, and 2 in philo's offline editor. Which - for me - means that I'm now able to play with random pages, setting and unsetting pages to change the players path and it should lead to a more interactive tease with a higher replay value, but I suppose most of it wont start to show until later codes, or perhaps my attention to mechanics is at the cost of the story.

If you looked around the boards you may have noticed I'm also a fan of millie86's stroke training teases and I'm suprised you saw a connection. Would you elaborate on not feeling fully engaged? And I wont go into the mechanics, but like stated in the 1st spoiler even if you do everything right, still your biggest chance of getting a cum/code is 40%, so she will want to see your commitment also by replaying the tease.
wiltswilly wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:33 pm I think its brilliant too:

things that are bad:

the black screen. Should never be there, at least replace it with a "end" page. Otherwise, you never know if its supposed to be like that, or if it broken.
The guy at work thing was ... almost liek an afterthought, fair if it becomes something else in pr3, otherwise maybe its best enhanced a little (not much, its a tease, not explicit, so that part could be good)

things that are good:

great attitude to it all

the move-on-automatically - I read the guy who likes to read and take his time, but there are lots like that, having it move without interaction means you have to be paying attention all the time, which is in keeping with the tease.
Thanks for the feedback! I will look into introducing an end page.
The work guy is somewhat of an intro for something else in a&o 3 indeed, but feel free to drop suggestions as to how it could be enhanced.
tckt78
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by tckt78 »

imtoosexy wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:14 pm
Well I did say I wanted feedback.. The biggest diffrence in A&O 1 and 2 is that I wrote 1 completely in Nyx, and 2 in philo's offline editor. Which - for me - means that I'm now able to play with random pages, setting and unsetting pages to change the players path and it should lead to a more interactive tease with a higher replay value, but I suppose most of it wont start to show until later codes, or perhaps my attention to mechanics is at the cost of the story.

If you looked around the boards you may have noticed I'm also a fan of millie86's stroke training teases and I'm suprised you saw a connection. Would you elaborate on not feeling fully engaged? And I wont go into the mechanics, but like stated in the 1st spoiler even if you do everything right, still your biggest chance of getting a cum/code is 40%, so she will want to see your commitment also by replaying the tease.
As far as engagement, it might be two things for me:
  • I don't like pictures of our model from her younger days, or maybe it's just the lighting on those is a little dark/dreary for keeping me engaged
  • The squeeze/grip part of the tease just moves slow for me
I'm keen on the randomness of the tease, and very interested in where that's going in the future. I think what I'm really having an issue with is the length of time to run the tease (about 30 minutes) and being bored with it within 10. Again, not sure if it's the picture sets used, or if I'm not getting direction that I'd like to get. Of course, A&O 1 gets right to it on any of the possible paths, which might be an expectation I have too.

I get the low chance, and having played millie's series enough times, I saw the parallels. I haven't looked at the stroke series threads in ages, so I didn't realize you were a big fan of them as well (seriously, who wouldn't be a fan of that series?).
mr-max
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by mr-max »

Hi,

I would like to give my feedback as well.
Overall I liked this tease (like the first one) a lot. This might also be because of Anna, I really like her (she is my TeaseAI model for the last month). :)

However, I have to say it is really repeating itself after the first playthrough. And this is a bit annoying.
Spoiler: show
So, either it was coinsidence, but I got an idea what to do to get to the right path and I had to play through like 7 times to actually get to the code. The first time I made some mistakes and you probably track those. than I got to the edge part and did not edge, cause I promised to not edge during the tease or after... I figured that my approach was wrong... so I wanted to do the whole edge stuff the next time. but it took me about 4 or 5 times to get the edge part again. So I really had to go through a lot of repetition of the same patterns to finally get to edge part again. Somehow I have AGAIN missed the code in the end. I have no idea why. I was sure I did everything right, but maybe there is still a chance in the end? Or I did something wrong. So to cut a long story short, after about 10 tries, I got the code.

The replayability would be greater if the patterns mix up or other stuff would happen. Or if you could skip some parts... Besides that great stuff, as last time! ;)

Other thoughts:
  • As this is one of my kinks, the co-worker part really got me going... Jealousy, blackmail, and light cuckolding are parts of my fetish. I'm totally looking forward to it. As Anna does not have any male partner pic sets, I'm looking forward to how you will incorporate this part into the story realistically and emotional enough...
  • I have no idea if I missed anything but the buttplug tag and chastity tag did not hit for me. Is this in it? If not, I'd love to have it in the next part. If it is, maybe I need to find it ;)
  • Liked the shaving part...
  • I'm pro auto forward. Pace was nice.

Suggestions:
  • more variarity if possible
  • I like emotional cruelty and humiliation, if you go there great, if not, still great ;)
  • what about some nealing and other tasks? Seems to fit the tone.

Thank you ;)

PS.: I have some more pic sets of Anna. You probably already got them, but if you need more stuff, pm me.
imtoosexy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Domme (Female)

Post by imtoosexy »

tckt78 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:19 pm
As far as engagement, it might be two things for me:
  • I don't like pictures of our model from her younger days, or maybe it's just the lighting on those is a little dark/dreary for keeping me engaged
  • The squeeze/grip part of the tease just moves slow for me
I'm keen on the randomness of the tease, and very interested in where that's going in the future. I think what I'm really having an issue with is the length of time to run the tease (about 30 minutes) and being bored with it within 10. Again, not sure if it's the picture sets used, or if I'm not getting direction that I'd like to get. Of course, A&O 1 gets right to it on any of the possible paths, which might be an expectation I have too.

I get the low chance, and having played millie's series enough times, I saw the parallels. I haven't looked at the stroke series threads in ages, so I didn't realize you were a big fan of them as well (seriously, who wouldn't be a fan of that series?).
Okay thanks for pointing this out, I'm pretty much on the same page with you.

I intended to use her better pics for later teases, but I might reconsider this.

The squeeze phase might move a bit slow if you are unlucky on getting many randoms

The millie series are actually what got me into writing a tease, first to write ST04 in her name, but as it proved difficult to write a tease of that level I wrote AO1 in stead with no intentions to write another tease, the response was so positive that I got motivated to get better at teasemaking and after a long time figured out how to do it properly (thanks to Philo and Trusfrated). So if AO2 doesn't connect to AO1 the way you expected, I understand.

I do intend to have a high randomness in the tease eventually, because to me that makes teases fun, so I'm happy to see you share my enthusiasm for that. The grid for the randomness and entering codes is already set in the tease, but I only released session one, because it was done and I wanted to complete the process once upto posting to see if there would be any issues I didn't think of before and to get feedback to make the next one better. Also it was Xmas..
mr-max wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:00 pm Hi,

I would like to give my feedback as well.
Overall I liked this tease (like the first one) a lot. This might also be because of Anna, I really like her (she is my TeaseAI model for the last month). :)

However, I have to say it is really repeating itself after the first playthrough. And this is a bit annoying.
So, either it was coinsidence, but I got an idea what to do to get to the right path and I had to play through like 7 times to actually get to the code. The first time I made some mistakes and you probably track those. than I got to the edge part and did not edge, cause I promised to not edge during the tease or after... I figured that my approach was wrong... so I wanted to do the whole edge stuff the next time. but it took me about 4 or 5 times to get the edge part again. So I really had to go through a lot of repetition of the same patterns to finally get to edge part again. Somehow I have AGAIN missed the code in the end. I have no idea why. I was sure I did everything right, but maybe there is still a chance in the end? Or I did something wrong. So to cut a long story short, after about 10 tries, I got the code.

The replayability would be greater if the patterns mix up or other stuff would happen. Or if you could skip some parts... Besides that great stuff, as last time! ;)

Other thoughts:
  • As this is one of my kinks, the co-worker part really got me going... Jealousy, blackmail, and light cuckolding are parts of my fetish. I'm totally looking forward to it. As Anna does not have any male partner pic sets, I'm looking forward to how you will incorporate this part into the story realistically and emotional enough...
  • I have no idea if I missed anything but the buttplug tag and chastity tag did not hit for me. Is this in it? If not, I'd love to have it in the next part. If it is, maybe I need to find it ;)
  • Liked the shaving part...
  • I'm pro auto forward. Pace was nice.

Suggestions:
  • more variarity if possible
  • I like emotional cruelty and humiliation, if you go there great, if not, still great ;)
  • what about some nealing and other tasks? Seems to fit the tone.

Thank you ;)

PS.: I have some more pic sets of Anna. You probably already got them, but if you need more stuff, pm me.
Great feedback, thank you !
The tags become more relevant later
You guessed right, I have all of her pics already, but thanks anyway ! ;-)
Last edited by imtoosexy on Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Trusfrated »

Congrats on getting this out! And thanks for the xmas present. :-P I haven't had too much time to fully explore it, but I really like the direction it's heading. As someone who prefers "story over strokes" the guy-at-work part was the most interesting to me. As someone else said, I hope some cuckolding/jealousy themes get further explored. That section also had some of the hottest pics, imho.

Keep it up! :wave:
ImageImage
subservient
Explorer
Explorer

Post by subservient »

Amazing tease! Just found this series the other day and by far this is up there in my top teases of all time, excellent work!
I really love how you are planting the seeds that she is going to cuckold us. The whole is your cock shirking while is chastity, and that she wants a a big dick to feel stretched out, and you will remain in chastity regardless if it is shirking, good boy obey, good boys like to watch, asking us if we care about her pleasure, and putting her pleasure first . Then afterwards she mentions her co-worker and the sexual tension between them and would it be ok to meet him for a drink.... so hot.

I hope you explore more of the cuckolding themes in the future because you really have done an awesome job setting it up in the story so far, would love to see some more story of before and after a possible co-worker date in a future tease.
mangoman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Slave

Post by mangoman »

I really liked the first tease, this got old very fast. I'm not a fan of random elements and I'm not doing a tease twice, the magic is just gone. Downloading the tease and playing it with TeaseMe didnt work too well either because of the random elements.

All in all a little disappointing experience for me dawg :unsure:
playsafe9
Explorer
Explorer

Post by playsafe9 »

So when I have to pause for whatever reason, then there might be a "Don't keep me waiting!" at some point - That's a dead end, right? Normally those words would be a simple warning, so the user is waiting forever and confused and I'm considering it as a bug (I'm working in software QA).
If it should be a dead end, then please choose clear words. Eg an additional "dead end" or "restart" in subtle letters with a link back to the start or to a worse route.
jjbcn2
Explorer
Explorer

Post by jjbcn2 »

imtoosexy wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:13 am I understand the convenience, I did it this way, because I don't want players skipping through it just to get to the good bits or just to get a code.

Did you have enough time to read per page though?
I love giving up control of the pacing of the tease. And I think the pacing in your tease is very good (at least for me).

I still haven't managed to get a code, but I'll keep trying.

Thanks!
SethK
Explorer
Explorer

Post by SethK »

Thanks for the Tease, I tried it last week and liked it quite well.

Before I tell you my thoughts a little disclaimer though: While my gf controls my orgasms (as stated in several other posts/threads) I am allowed to stroke if I so desire. The only thing I'm not allowed it to cum in any way. Likewise, stroking is easier when unlocked, which I am currently. As a result, I started the tease with the knowledge that in the end I would neither be able to cum, nor ruin it.

When I tried it for the first time, I landed on the aforementioned "black page" and I don't quite like the idea. In my opinion, the player (?) should be punished/rewarded for his actions, not by mere chance. (That being said, letting chance decide whether to cum/ruin/deny is a valid option in my opinion). Hence, I'd have preferred it if there wouldn't have been as much randomness involved in this tease. For example, if the player does well, he is always rewarded with and edging part. However, the actual stroking/edging/squeezing/whatever parts in itself can be up to randomness to increase replay-ability.
Also, focusing on replay-ability often hurts the story and immersion, so you should carefully decide where you want to go with your tease.
I also agree with playsafe9 that every end should be marked as such, to avoid keeping users waiting endlessly.

Aside from that, I liked the idea and the pacing. Out of curiosity, how many codes are you able to receive?
HeartOpenWide
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by HeartOpenWide »

As someone who found your first tease very refreshing and with a certain initimate quality, I am struglling a little with A&O 2. I feel like I am in a Groundhog Day situation where I alway end up with the same black screen and only slight variation in how many times I am asked to squeeze/grip/pinch/twist/tingle/obey.

One point crossed my mind. I run milovana in a private browse window, so no cookies. Do you use cookies to select the route based on previous attempts or is every attempt completely random with the same chance of progressing beyond that black screen point?

I should add a big thank you for all the efforts you put in to this :) It still has that lovely personal feel to it - quite special. Just a little frustratiing that other people are accessing areas (edging for example) I am unable to reach at the moment.
onlytropics
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by onlytropics »

HeartOpenWide wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:24 am One point crossed my mind. I run milovana in a private browse window, so no cookies. Do you use cookies to select the route based on previous attempts or is every attempt completely random with the same chance of progressing beyond that black screen point?
It is technically not possible for teases to access cookies, or retain any state for the next time they are started for that matter. The only way is to give a code to the player and ask him to enter it on successive playthroughs.
Reasons to have oranges at home:
1. they're healthy
2. smells nice
3. Milovana
HeartOpenWide
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by HeartOpenWide »

onlytropics wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:28 pm It is technically not possible for teases to access cookies, or retain any state for the next time they are started for that matter. The only way is to give a code to the player and ask him to enter it on successive playthroughs.
Thanks for the reply onlytropics. Good to rule out that possibility.
slavecopenhagen
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
I am a: Slave

Post by slavecopenhagen »

Hi is there any news on a&o3?? I love the series!