Bokki Tease Club - feedback thread

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
FrozenWolf
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): None
Sub/Slave(s): None

Re: Bokki Tease Club - feedback thread

Post by FrozenWolf »

Shattered wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:36 am
Spoiler: show
mr-max wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:56 am
Shattered wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:46 am
Well I'm not sure I'd go that far but thanks ^^

He is right. ;)
FrozenWolf wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:32 am This is a superb tease, thank you very much for your hard work putting this together.
Now stop messing with my mind! ;-)

These are the endings I've experienced so far (added to the straw poll):
The existentialism certainly caught me off guard.
* Ending 2: Eternal Bliss
* Ending 1: Out of this world
I poured over the XML of v1.01 21/10/2018 to see if I can spot any irregularities, and I spotted a few things that might be issues, although I don't think it affects the experience much.
Page: wedspurec34
Page: wedspurer34
Page: wedspured34
Page: wedsgoodr34
Missing Image: wedcap(47).jpg

Page: intro9
Missing Image: door2.jpg

Page: franstart
Missing Page: "New Tease" -> thewormhole1
Missing Page: "Options" -> franoptions
Deadend Page: "Load Tease" -> francode
(this might be intentional of course!)
Deadend Page: "Toys List" -> frantoy
(this might be intentional of course!)

Page: code89
Missing Page: "9" -> manuela1

Page: nurse26
Missing Page: "Failsafe" -> failsafe
FrozenWolf wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:04 pm The GuideMe XML version v1.01 21/10/2018 shows three tiny errors that would cause three pages to become end pages (i.e. no timer or buttons), although these are right at the end anyway, so I expect most wouldn't notice.
Page: frantoy
<!--Error: buttons(franstart#,:"Main Menu"))-->

Page: francode
<!--Error: buttons(franstart#,:"Main Menu"))-->

Page: credits3
<!--Error: go(credits4#))-->
Looking forward to getting ending 3 at some point. :-)

kenshin wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:11 am Absolutely fantastic tease, easily one of the best on the site. I even played through multiple times to get all the endings and easter eggs.

Anyway, a couple glitches I noticed in the GuideMe version:
All of Fran's images in "052" are broken.
At the end of Monday leading to "038" clicking the button to continue leads to a broken page.
In "058" if you choose denial the confirmation button is just labelled "button2".
And a question:
Where do you use the "mad scientist" line Xia gives you? I'm pretty sure there's nowhere in this tease to use it, so I'm guessing it's either one of your other teases or it's something you have planned for the future.
Thought I had done replies and I also forgot to update guideme, my bad! These should have been updated and I've put the new guideme up.
Mad Scientist is potentially for the future, Like the CT code it might get used, it might not, but I wanted to have it in case, too late once I've done! Thanks for the comments!

'The existentialism certainly caught me off guard.' Sometimes you start writing something and just can't help which direction it goes in, you know? Bit of a personal interest and I couldn't really not include it at that point!
Great, looking forward to having another go this weekend.

On a side-note, I'm writing a Java based application to perform verification on GuideMe scripts, checking against a XML schema, detecting unreachable pages, links to missing pages, etc. I'm developing it more as an excuse to get back into Java which I haven't programmed for years. I hope you don't mind :blush: , but since your script it nice and big (and doesn't include set, unset, or Javascript), I'm using it as an initial test subject. On v1.02, it showed up the following:

Code: Select all

GuideMeAnalyser
Input file: Z:\GuideMe\temp\Bokki-Tease-Club-Omega.xml
JAXB: javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException
 - with linked exception:
[org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId: file:/Z:/GuideMe/temp/Bokki-Tease-Club-Omega.xml; lineNumber: 55168; columnNumber: 3; The element type "Title" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</Title>".]
What this is trying to say is that the <Title> defined on line 3 isn't terminated properly (the output from the XML schema validation is a bit horrible at the moment), i.e. instead of:

<Title>Bokki Tease Club Ω <Title/>
It should be

<Title>Bokki Tease Club Ω </Title>
It's possible that GuideMe is actually quite lenient with these things (although I haven't tried it yet), so maybe it's not much of an issue.
When I tweak that and run my analyser again, it finds this:

GuideMeAnalyser
Input file: Z:\GuideMe\temp\Bokki-Tease-Club-Omega.xml
XML Validation Successful
Performing check: MissingStartPage
Performing check: DuplicatePageNames
Performing check: BadButtonLinks
BadButtonLinks: Page'franstart':Button'New Tease'->Page'thewormhole1'; Page'thewormhole1' not found
BadButtonLinks: Page'franstart':Button'Options'->Page'franoptions'; Page'franoptions' not found
BadButtonLinks: Page'code3':Button'1'->Page'code31'; Page'code31' not found
BadButtonLinks: Page'code3':Button'4'->Page'code34'; Page'code34' not found
BadButtonLinks: Page'code43':Button'Submit'->Page'cxia4'; Page'cxia4' not found
BadButtonLinks: Page'code44':Button'Submit'->Page'bhailey1'; Page'bhailey1' not found
BadButtonLinks: Page'code7':Button'6'->Page'code76'; Page'code76' not found
BadButtonLinks: Page'code89':Button'Submit'->Page'manuela1'; Page'manuela1' not found
BadButtonLinks: Page'code9':Button'9'->Page'code99'; Page'code99' not found
BadButtonLinks: Page'badcode':Button'9'->Page'code19'; Page'code19' not found
BadButtonLinks: Page'rewurm5':Button'Continue'->Page'thewormhole38'; Page'thewormhole38' not found
BadButtonLinks: Page'cmondaygood35':Button'Tuesday'->Page'btuesday1'; Page'btuesday1' not found
Performing check: UnreachablePages
UnreachablePages: Page'ultistart'; Page cannot be reached
UnreachablePages: Page'notes'; Page cannot be reached
UnreachablePages: Page'code89'; Page cannot be reached
UnreachablePages: Page'introb18'; Page cannot be reached
UnreachablePages: Page'ffran1'; Page cannot be reached
UnreachablePages: Page'ffran12'; Page cannot be reached
UnreachablePages: Page'ffran13'; Page cannot be reached
UnreachablePages: Page'page273'; Page cannot be reached
UnreachablePages: Page'monday2'; Page cannot be reached
UnreachablePages: Page'cmonday8'; Page cannot be reached
UnreachablePages: Page'cmonday11'; Page cannot be reached
UnreachablePages: Page'cmonday12'; Page cannot be reached
UnreachablePages: Page'rewurm4'; Page cannot be reached
UnreachablePages: Page'thewormhole59'; Page cannot be reached
UnreachablePages: Page'page125'; Page cannot be reached
UnreachablePages: Page'wedspurecb48'; Page cannot be reached
UnreachablePages: Page'credits4'; Page cannot be reached
UnreachablePages: Page'cmondaygood7'; Page cannot be reached
UnreachablePages: Page'cmondaygood11'; Page cannot be reached
UnreachablePages: Page'cmondaygood12'; Page cannot be reached
UnreachablePages: Page'mondayxiaq'; Page cannot be reached
UnreachablePages: Page'mondayhaileyq'; Page cannot be reached
The UnreachablePages analysis starts with the 'start' page and traces all routes to gather the list of accessible pages, and compares that list against the total list of pages.

I haven't verified all of these yet, so it might be a fault of my analyser, in which case I sincerely apologise and please ignore me! :-)

And please please please don't think I'm being critical! I absolutely love your work and just want to help if I can. With scripts like yours that are so enormous it must be nearly impossible to check these these things manually without going completely insane.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

Not sure if you know, but the offline tease editor basically has this already. I always export my teases to this first and run through it, find a lot of things. I haven't altered the /title stuff, so i assume all the exported teases will be like that and if it still works thats fine :lol:

I do know a bunch of pages I left in broken like that - e.g. the code base is copied from my last tease, so I left those in rather than the effort of deleting, since clicking one does nothing its no harm. Some might genuiniely be an issue, so I'll take a look through when I get chance, thanks!
FrozenWolf
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Dom/me(s): None
Sub/Slave(s): None

Post by FrozenWolf »

Shattered wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:34 pm Not sure if you know, but the offline tease editor basically has this already. I always export my teases to this first and run through it, find a lot of things.
Ah, that's great, I wasn't aware of that there was a tool already, thanks; I'll have a look as it sounds interesting.
Shattered wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:34 pm I haven't altered the /title stuff, so i assume all the exported teases will be like that and if it still works thats fine :lol:
I quite agree, and as the old saying goes, "if it works, don't fix it" :-D
Shattered wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:34 pm I do know a bunch of pages I left in broken like that - e.g. the code base is copied from my last tease, so I left those in rather than the effort of deleting, since clicking one does nothing its no harm. Some might genuiniely be an issue, so I'll take a look through when I get chance, thanks!
Ah, that makes a lot of sense too. I should've spotted that from your 'notes' page which seems like a good way of keeping notes together during development but isn't expected to be part of the experience.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

FrozenWolf wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:05 pm
Shattered wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:34 pm Not sure if you know, but the offline tease editor basically has this already. I always export my teases to this first and run through it, find a lot of things.
Ah, that's great, I wasn't aware of that there was a tool already, thanks; I'll have a look as it sounds interesting.
Shattered wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:34 pm I haven't altered the /title stuff, so i assume all the exported teases will be like that and if it still works thats fine :lol:
I quite agree, and as the old saying goes, "if it works, don't fix it" :-D
Shattered wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:34 pm I do know a bunch of pages I left in broken like that - e.g. the code base is copied from my last tease, so I left those in rather than the effort of deleting, since clicking one does nothing its no harm. Some might genuiniely be an issue, so I'll take a look through when I get chance, thanks!
Ah, that makes a lot of sense too. I should've spotted that from your 'notes' page which seems like a good way of keeping notes together during development but isn't expected to be part of the experience.
Yeah, notes is convienient and if people want to see the almost deleted scenes, there they are :lol:
Unnamed_007
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Unnamed_007 »

Shattered wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:28 pm Well, it is the tease club, not the pain club :innocent:
Now that's an interesting idea. Your teases have other kinks but they're mainly tease-based.

Have you given any thought to a pain-focused tease with some side teasing?

I don't know how much up your alley that would be.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

Unnamed_007 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:17 pm
Shattered wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:28 pm Well, it is the tease club, not the pain club :innocent:
Now that's an interesting idea. Your teases have other kinks but they're mainly tease-based.

Have you given any thought to a pain-focused tease with some side teasing?

I don't know how much up your alley that would be.
It's varied, I don't think I could go full pain - Deity Denial is probably the closest I've got. You may tell that I love nipple clamps and some other kinds of pain taken in, but the BT in CBT isn't something I use too often. I just want a nice mix :)
Unnamed_007
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Unnamed_007 »

Shattered wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:42 pm It's varied, I don't think I could go full pain - Deity Denial is probably the closest I've got. You may tell that I love nipple clamps and some other kinds of pain taken in, but the BT in CBT isn't something I use too often. I just want a nice mix :)
I was thinking of Deity Denial, if it was as developed as your other work, I think it would've been my favorite by far. It's still great, but in comparison with your other work, it shows that it was written in a very short amount of time.

I could try to gently nudge you towards an expanded Deity Denial via Patreon. I do know that you generally write what feels right, so I'm not sure if that would work.

But, you know what they say, hope dies last.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

Unnamed_007 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:37 am
Shattered wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:42 pm It's varied, I don't think I could go full pain - Deity Denial is probably the closest I've got. You may tell that I love nipple clamps and some other kinds of pain taken in, but the BT in CBT isn't something I use too often. I just want a nice mix :)
I was thinking of Deity Denial, if it was as developed as your other work, I think it would've been my favorite by far. It's still great, but in comparison with your other work, it shows that it was written in a very short amount of time.

I could try to gently nudge you towards an expanded Deity Denial via Patreon. I do know that you generally write what feels right, so I'm not sure if that would work.

But, you know what they say, hope dies last.
Well, I did put a tier in for section-requests :P Don't know that I'll be going back to that style in a rush though - Not many sets for it XD
killer1243
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by killer1243 »

Just some minor bugs I think:
When Caprice is gone but she comes to meet you for a single slide, the photo is of some random woman. The next day in the morning the photos are of Seven while the dialogue appears to be with Xia.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

killer1243 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:11 pm Just some minor bugs I think:
When Caprice is gone but she comes to meet you for a single slide, the photo is of some random woman. The next day in the morning the photos are of Seven while the dialogue appears to be with Xia.
Doesn't sound good, but I can't find it off this... Do you have a quote I could ctrl+f or something?
Lazures
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Lazures »

That was among one of the greatest teases I've done here, very well done!

Just logged in to thank you, and keep up the good work.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

Lazures wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:54 am That was among one of the greatest teases I've done here, very well done!

Just logged in to thank you, and keep up the good work.
Thanks, always appreciated ^^
imtoosexy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Domme (Female)

Post by imtoosexy »

As a big fan of your work I was excited to see a tease with your name coming up to the list of webteases.

I managed to make it through to get the first code but am still somehow holding off to continuing and finishing the tease

I don't know what it is, I found the amount of text per page sometimes to be a bit much and that took away from it being stimulating for me, perhaps i'm just a lazy reader and get discouraged by a big sum of text. Also the diffrent colors which is a fine way to indicate who is saying it took a while for me to get used to.

I still plan to finish it one day, and I'm sure I'll be thrilled about it then.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

imtoosexy wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:34 pm As a big fan of your work I was excited to see a tease with your name coming up to the list of webteases.

I managed to make it through to get the first code but am still somehow holding off to continuing and finishing the tease

I don't know what it is, I found the amount of text per page sometimes to be a bit much and that took away from it being stimulating for me, perhaps i'm just a lazy reader and get discouraged by a big sum of text. Also the diffrent colors which is a fine way to indicate who is saying it took a while for me to get used to.

I still plan to finish it one day, and I'm sure I'll be thrilled about it then.
Yeah, this tease can be quite dense, when I want to write a story with it can be a little hard to balance with the teasing... Colours was kinda necessary without using a million pages :lol:
Ryuteka
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Ryuteka »

that was a great tease! really well done.
i would like to play more of it, and maybe with more tasks!