Tutorial for adding metronomes.

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
Galron789
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Tutorial for adding metronomes.

Post by Galron789 »

So first I just want to state the reason I'm making this topic. I was contacted via Pm by someone asking for help on how to add metronomes however sending instructions along with examples got me a "you've been blocked from Milovana" message. I also thought it would be a good idea to have this for new creators, seeing how when I started it took me almost all day to find help for it.
So here it is;
First here is the website that I get my metronomes from: http://metronomer.com/

Next is how to format you metronome.
standard format: ,hidden:sound(id:'nameoffile.mp3')
Lets say you named the metronome filed you uploaded 80BPM.mp3
the way you should format the code to use that file would be: ,hidden:sound(id:'80BPM.mp3')

Now how to add that to you code properly.
Here is an example line of code for teases:
start#page(
'<TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="18" COLOR="#FFFFFF" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">Hello</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>',
pic("title.jpg"),
go(page2#)
);

You always add your metronomes at the very end of the code, but before the );
Here is what it should look like:
start#page(
'<TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="18" COLOR="#FFFFFF" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">Hello</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>',
pic("title.jpg"),
go(page2#),hidden:sound(id:'80BPM.mp3')
);

Now here is a tip for adding metronomes. If you've already added metronomes to pages, if you then edit or add pages, saving will remove your metronomes. What I do is finish a set amount of pages so that they are exactly how I want them to be. Then I copy and paste the code into a text document and add the metronomes to the corresponding pages in the text document. I add to this as I go, that way I have a copy of the completed code saved and can make edits without having to add the metronomes again. Also once complete I can then copy and paste the final code from the text document into the Nyx code tab.

I hope this was helpful. Let me know if you have more questions or are still confused.
Also if you have more advice or stuff to add, please do.
onlytropics
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: Tutorial for adding metronomes.

Post by onlytropics »

Nice.

One thing I noticed the last time I tried this: Do not use dash, underscore or space in your filenames, otherwise it won't play. Not sure about filename length, so just to be sure keep it simple (like 180BPM.mp3 in the example above).
Reasons to have oranges at home:
1. they're healthy
2. smells nice
3. Milovana