How to count points in a nyx flash tease

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
onlytropics
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: How to count points in a nyx flash tease

Post by onlytropics »

imtoosexy wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:25 pm So I guess my questions would be as follows
Here comes the answers.
imtoosexy wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:25 pm why do counter pages need a target?, and why not page 2?
They don't, actually. I haven't tried it without targets though, and knowing that the internals of the Tease Player (tm) is a bit quirky in places, I didn't want to leave it out without testing.
imtoosexy wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:25 pm What is this repeatadd command and how does it work? same for repeatdel?
Speaking simplified, repeatadd adds a number to a counter page while repeatdel subtracts it. You can not use negative numbers in repeatadd afaik, so there are two commands instead.
imtoosexy wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:25 pm Why apply that to all counter pages?
To answer that, maybe the term 'counter page' is not really fitting. They work more like a barrier. For each of the possible outcomes (3 in this case), you set the barriers to a negative value, as done in the first few lines of the script - the three repeatdel statements set the barriers to -20, -40 and -60.
Whenever you want to add points, you add them to all barriers. For example, after adding 30 points, they would be at +10, -10 and -30.
Then when evaluating the counting (or barrier) pages, the commands will automatically go through every barrier that is positive, but can't go through negative barriers. Following the example, you would go through the first barrier but can't pass the second one. That is why you end up at the page stating "You have 20..39" points (which is correct since you have 30 points).

This also explains why the number of counting pages (barriers) you need is #outcomes-1. If you do not get any points, you can't pass any of the barriers and are stuck on the page before the first barrier. The page states that you have "less than 19 points" which is correct.

I hope that makes the thinking behind it more clear than confuse anybody :lol:
imtoosexy wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:25 pm What is this action:mult thing?
It simply allows to group multiple actions together. You need it to combine all the repeatadd or repeatdel you need in one page.
imtoosexy wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:25 pm lastly, how could you add this to your tease relatively easy?
I actually thought about making a flow chart to explain it better. Let me know if you are interested.

The point is, it is easy to do once you understood the steps. Then it is just more of a copy&paste thing with adjusting some numbers.
Last edited by onlytropics on Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reasons to have oranges at home:
1. they're healthy
2. smells nice
3. Milovana
imtoosexy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Domme (Female)

Post by imtoosexy »

Nice and clearly explained thanks,

about implemting it it would seem like a hassle to type it out in nyx

copy pasting would make it easier

or maybe having the option added in the offline teasemaker would make it easy to use

Perhaps you could talk to philo about it and maybe philo could add the option to the offline teasemaker

viewtopic.php?p=254520#p254520
onlytropics
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by onlytropics »

So this works now with the HTML viewer. Hope to see it in action sometime :-)
Reasons to have oranges at home:
1. they're healthy
2. smells nice
3. Milovana