Just a question about timezone...

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Just a question about timezone...

Post by 666 »

Does anyone know what timezone Milovana works on? I only ask because I rushed like hell to get a tease up before midnight on Saturday and yet it's been counted as the 1st of July (which means it won't be eligible for June's poll). I am in the UK by the way, I assumed Milovana would be on US time so I should have been well in...
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Re: Just a question about timezone...

Post by kerkersklave »

I do not know the milovana code so I cannot say for sure, but usually servers and in fact most modern computer systems run internaly on UTC/GMT, usually the code generating the websites (php scripts here) would not run with different time zone settings and even if it would, the standard time functions probably still return UTC. One would have to explicitly take care to get a dedicated time zone.

The UK is currently running on BSC, which is GMT+1, as it is summer. So if you uploaded it just before midnight, you just missed the deadline by one hour. US-time is very unlikely.
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 666 »

kerkersklave wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:35 pm I do not know the milovana code so I cannot say for sure, but usually servers and in fact most modern computer systems run internaly on UTC/GMT, usually the code generating the websites (php scripts here) would not run with different time zone settings and even if it would, the standard time functions probably still return UTC. One would have to explicitly take care to get a dedicated time zone.

The UK is currently running on BSC, which is GMT+1, as it is summer. So if you uploaded it just before midnight, you just missed the deadline by one hour. US-time is very unlikely.
You know, I never even thought about BST... dammit. Oh well, thanks for the information anyway.
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by 666 »

I don't think I've ever had a tease go up and down so much. It started at 3.5, went up to 3.8 then fell back sharply to 3.5, now it's climbed to 3.6 again... at this rate I needn't have worried about the monthly poll, it's not going to make it anyway....