[Announcement] New HTML5 Flashtease Viewer

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
polkadotwolf
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [Announcement] New HTML5 Flashtease Viewer

Post by polkadotwolf »

kerkersklave wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:41 pm The problem is, that some mobile browsers (e.g. Android and IOS default browsers) block autoplay.
Of course I can make the audioplayer visible and require the user to click, but then he has to click on every new page.
I see, this doesn't work on some mobile. You are right, but it seems like this is only the first time. A user only has to press play once. After that the src can be changed and it can autoplay.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Post by kerkersklave »

Hm, ok, maybe I'll try that. Currently I am exchanging part of the Website whenver a new page is shown and therefore I always generate a new Audio-Tag. It seems that there are enough browser out there where it works, so I keept it as it is for now.
If people are horny enough, they will install Firefox on their mobile phones. ;-)
polkadotwolf
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by polkadotwolf »

kerkersklave wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:14 pm If people are horny enough, they will install Firefox on their mobile phones. ;-)
LOL. Exactly. ;-) Seems a reasonable requirement.

I use "firefox focus" (private all the time and when you close the browser, tabs are not remembered). Not because I'm paranoid, but because I HATE phone browsers bringing up the last tabs I viewed and having to wait. There seems to be no way to shut that off either. It also might be one of the reasons that audio/video don't autoplay.

"Let me just open up my browser to search for the meeting location Bob"
[opens browser, which starts loads previous tabs]
"Ooo baby, you're sooo big ..."

Whoops.
FATALES
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by FATALES »

https://milovana.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 20#p246820

This is the only one works for me. Android 5.1 Browser: Chrome
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

A I did not know about that one. Using the original parser is a need trick, i thought of doing that but then wanted to be able to check for more errors in teases.

I use some pretty new CSS-features for the layout, I guess something as old as Android 5 Chrome can't handle that. But these devices are dying anyway.

# Some news:
I've added an option for additional checks, the viewer then checks for missing and unreachable pages.
Ghingis
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Ghingis »

First, this looks promising, I will give it a try.
tckt78 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:30 pm BTW, here's one that never worked on the old html5 viewer, and has problems here too. Might just be the nature of that tease
https://sklavedaniel.gitlab.io/Gaia/#tease/23864
It's working here just fine:
http://yamilotv.herokuapp.com/tease?id=23864

Sorry for the "advertisement", it's not mine, but I usually use this and no image cacheing issue like with the original and looks just like the flash one.
(But some older tease just not working, I have a local fork where I hacked it, but I'm not entirely sure it won't mess it up elsewhere.)
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

Ghingis wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:03 pm
tckt78 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:30 pm BTW, here's one that never worked on the old html5 viewer, and has problems here too. Might just be the nature of that tease
https://sklavedaniel.gitlab.io/Gaia/#tease/23864
Oh, I must have overlooked that. As far as I can see it works fine in my viewer as well. I relaxed the parser a bit more, maybe it is because of that. I checked my parser against all flash-teases. It parses arround 90% and those it does not have syntax errors. These errors might even cause issues in the original player, like a button not working or some picture missing.

This tease parses even with strict checks, so it should work completely.

I didn't know about the other player before, it's quite nice. I have a few uniquce selling-points though:
- You can bookmark pages, if you get interrupted you can start were you left of.
- You can use your browser history. If you run into an issue like a missing page, you can go back (or if you just made a wrong choice)
- You can enable a button to skip timers
- You can check the tease for issues like missing pages
Ghingis
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Ghingis »

kerkersklave wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:19 pm Oh, I must have overlooked that. As far as I can see it works fine in my viewer as well. I relaxed the parser a bit more, maybe it is because of that. I checked my parser against all flash-teases. It parses arround 90% and those it does not have syntax errors. These errors might even cause issues in the original player, like a button not working or some picture missing.

This tease parses even with strict checks, so it should work completely.

I didn't know about the other player before, it's quite nice. I have a few uniquce selling-points though:
- You can bookmark pages, if you get interrupted you can start were you left of.
- You can use your browser history. If you run into an issue like a missing page, you can go back (or if you just made a wrong choice)
- You can enable a button to skip timers
- You can check the tease for issues like missing pages
Sure it loads just fine, but if you check it out, you will see, that the picture never changes.
It should almost on every page. Also if you press F5 on any page you will see, that the picture changes.

I like those "selling-points" :)
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

Ghingis wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:57 pm Sure it loads just fine, but if you check it out, you will see, that the picture never changes.
Oh, now I get it. The reason for that is, that it uses random pictures with * in the urls. These stars are resolved by a PHP-Script in the browser. But of course now that the browser is loading the pictures it is using the cache. I think it is easy to fix, I will look into it tomorrow or so.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

Ghingis wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:57 pm Sure it loads just fine, but if you check it out, you will see, that the picture never changes.
Fixed, should work now.
Ghingis
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Ghingis »

kerkersklave wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:03 pm
Fixed, should work now.
Works like a charm, I suspected it is something around caching.
But scala.js is not something that you can easily debug after is's deployed :)
Ghingis
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Ghingis »

If you could make urls clickable in teases that would be awesome.
(Parse the text if it's looks like there is an url in it wrap it with an "a" tag and set the target to "_blank".)
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

Ghingis wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:23 pm Works like a charm, I suspected it is something around caching.
Yeah, if you want to look at it, you have to look at the original code. But it had nothing to do with scala.js, it was just that the Browser caches images with the same URL, which does not work for server-side random images. I just appended a random attribute to those URLs.

I consider making urls clickable. Do you have an example tease in mind, that I can use to test?
(You can already copy and paste the URLs though, which is much more comfortable already).
Ghingis
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Ghingis »

kerkersklave wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:01 am
Ghingis wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:23 pm Works like a charm, I suspected it is something around caching.
Yeah, if you want to look at it, you have to look at the original code. But it had nothing to do with scala.js, it was just that the Browser caches images with the same URL, which does not work for server-side random images. I just appended a random attribute to those URLs.

I consider making urls clickable. Do you have an example tease in mind, that I can use to test?
(You can already copy and paste the URLs though, which is much more comfortable already).
This one has a link on the first page for example: https://sklavedaniel.gitlab.io/Gaia/#te ... art//cache
Maybe this lib could help with the urls: https://github.com/gregjacobs/Autolinker.js

Also I found another tease with a bit of a challenge.
In this page the image should change time to time.
https://sklavedaniel.gitlab.io/Gaia/#te ... how//cache
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

I've implemented the clickable url thing. There is no visual indication that a url is clickable other than the mouse pointer, so it does not interfere with the look of the tease.
Ghingis wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:04 am Also I found another tease with a bit of a challenge.
In this page the image should change time to time.
https://sklavedaniel.gitlab.io/Milovana ... how//cache
That was a case of a framework being too smart. When there is no page change, there is no change in the data model, so the page is not rerendered... I just forced the rerendering of the page and it works fine now.

Please keep looking for things that are broken or could work better. I would like it to run every tease on here except for one or two teases that use the counter-feature. It's only used by two teases I think, so it is not worth the trouble.
Last edited by kerkersklave on Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.