[Announcement] New HTML5 Flashtease Viewer

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
Liquidorus
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [Announcement] New HTML5 Flashtease Viewer

Post by Liquidorus »

Well, I am not sure why Lovecraft used that kind of delays.
Anyway a delay of nearly an our seems to be pretty off.

Probably Lovecraft could tell us, why he is using such a delay?!

I would be happy to be able to play it in your HTML5 Viewer ;)

Regards,
Liquidorus
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Post by kerkersklave »

You realised that there are _two_ delays?
the hidden delay is only 10 seconds.
If you want to play it, just remove the visible one.
I will consider to change this when I have time to look into it, but that can be a while.
Liquidorus
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Liquidorus »

Hey,
just wanted to tell I got the tease working right now, thanks t your tip ;)

Unfortunately the HTML5 Viewer ist not available anymore, I get a 404 error :(
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

Seems like gitlab is experiencing some problems. Other users are complaining as well.
I just ran the page generation process again and it succeeds without errors, but the page does not appear.
So I assume, they have some issues and it will hopefully be back soon.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

Liquidorus wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:31 pm Unfortunately the HTML5 Viewer ist not available anymore, I get a 404 error :(
It is back now. So it really was just a gitlab problem and they've fixed it.
Magnic
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Magnic »

Will this be updated?
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

Not anytime soon. It parses the old flashtease format. I did not check recently for which teases this still works, it might still work for flashteases.
But to work with eos teases or with flashteases if the old flash player is dropped, I would have to implement the eos format.

This would actually be far easier than to support the old format, but I am just very busy at the moment.
Also, there is not such a big need for it as eos is already based on html5.
Magnic
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Magnic »

I don't really use it for the viewing per-se. I use it to skip the timers since some of the teases have them ridiculusly long. Or have things i'm not interested in, that i want to skip without waiting 30min.
Carnal1
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Carnal1 »

kerkersklave wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:18 pm
Seems about a month or 2 (or 3? Or...?) https://sklavedaniel.gitlab.io/Milovana has stopped working for most (but not all) old teases that it used to work fine for. Any possibility it can be made to work again?
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kerkersklave »

Carnal1 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:17 pm Seems about a month or 2 (or 3? Or...?) https://sklavedaniel.gitlab.io/Milovana has stopped working for most (but not all) old teases that it used to work fine for. Any possibility it can be made to work again?
I wont't make it work again. Flash-teases have been replaced by EOS, flash is basically dead and so soon, it will be probably very hard or even impossible to edit old flash teases. Old flash teases now also run in the EOS viewer using a (somewhat extended) version of the EOS format.

If some flash teases don't work any more, probably something changed on Milovanas end. It could also be, that the Request-Proxy I am using to access the scripts does currently not work. My player has a large part of the scripts for the flash teases cached, so they keep working, even if something changes, as long as the pictures remain available.

What one would need to do, is, to rewrite the whole thing for EOS. It is probably even easier to do. While EOS has more features, the format is very well structured, so old format for flash teases was a mess. But I am currently working on other projects. Also, I mainly wrote that to have flash teases working on my phone, which EOS now does as well. So if I ever will come back to it, it will be a while. An other aspect is that EOS is quite new, and there is no official API, so I rather wait, whether there are any major changes to its architecture before doing anything with it.
Carnal1
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Carnal1 »

kerkersklave wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:03 am I wont't make it work again. Flash-teases have been replaced by EOS, flash is basically dead and so soon, it will be probably very hard or even impossible to edit old flash teases. Old flash teases now also run in the EOS viewer using a (somewhat extended) version of the EOS format.
Fair enough. I enjoyed it while lasted and appreciate that you'd made and shared it to begin with. Thanks for the answer.