PSA: If you're making a Flash-tease, set the thumbnail image BEFORE you publish!

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
Recursion
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

PSA: If you're making a Flash-tease, set the thumbnail image BEFORE you publish!

Post by Recursion »

If you scroll through the tease list, you'll see many Flash-teases that have a missing thumbnail and just say something like "Tease Name - Thumbnail" instead. This is caused by publishing the tease and then changing the thumbnail afterwards. I ran into this problem myself when publishing my tease, because it's easy to forget that the thumbnail is just the first image in your list by default, and you don't notice it until you publish it and see it on the front page.

The only way I could find to fix it after it's been published is to copy the entire tease, delete the old tease, set the thumbnail on the new tease, then publish the new tease.

So, if you're making a Flash-tease, remember to set the thumbnail before you publish!
FATALES
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: PSA: If you're making a Flash-tease, set the thumbnail image BEFORE you publish!

Post by FATALES »

You forgot to searching. I myself had the same problem.

Simple solution: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20404

OR How to set a thumbnail for newbie ?

First find out your tease number.
Example: Stamina Workout #1 have number 36661 ( the number is in the link id=36661 )

You will use the following link : ( for t= enter your number )

https://milovana.com/editor/uploadthumbnail.php?t=36661
Recursion
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Re: PSA: If you're making a Flash-tease, set the thumbnail image BEFORE you publish!

Post by Recursion »

Bearing in mind that Flash is well on its way out, and it won't be long before browsers no longer support it,
I get that Flash is an outdated technology, but considering that this entire site revolves around either regular-teases or Flash-teases, I feel like the devs should either make the Flash teases work properly or switch to another media player that uses the same configurations.
wouldn't it be better to avoid making Flash teases altogether?
I prefer doing a Flash tease over a regular tease, but to each their own.
You forgot to searching. I myself had the same problem.

Simple solution: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20404
Oh thanks FATALES, good to know. Kind of strange that there's a workaround solution instead of just making it work the intuitive way, but hopefully more people see this.