FB: The Estim Tower

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
NEGEV
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Re: FB: The Estim Tower

Post by NEGEV »

BoundSquirrel wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:22 am All,

Estim Tower with Automatic Volume Increase

Please give this revision to Estim Tower a try. I reached out to Lolol once Guideme 0.3.6 was released and asked if I could try my hand at a revision that would auto-increase the volume. Lolol graciously accepted my offer to improve on this masterpiece, so here it is. This is just the xml file; all of the pictures and sounds remain the same.

This REQUIRES Guideme 0.3.6. or higher. You can find it in this thread: Guideme 0.3.6 Download This will not work on earlier versions of Guideme or any versions of Teaseme. I put in a request for this feature specifically with Estim Tower in mind. Thank you, philo, for adding variable volume into Guideme!

Disclaimers: I have not tested this on 100% of the pages, and I'm pretty sure there are areas of the tease that I've never gotten to. I've tested the normal game and the endless mode and neither one fried my junk. I make no promises and offer no warranties or guarantees that you'll have the same experience. As with everything eStim, be careful and take it slow. I designed this to slowly ramp up over time; there shouldn't be any giant jolts.

It DOES allow you to set your normal and pain volumes separately, so if you set your pain levels way higher than the normal levels, as they both increase, you could be setting yourself up for quite the zap if you get to an unexpectedly 'loud' pain round.

I tested this using a 2B. I have not tested it on any other box. I would like to get feedback on how it works on home-grown boxes and other commercially available units.

Please let me know if anything doesn't work right, doesn't increase, etc. The increase is slow; you might not notice it one floor to the next, but it was definitely notable over time.

I welcome feedback.

Good luck getting to the top of the tower all over again!

EDIT: Thank you Blackbird238 for finding the missing /Page in Endless Mode. The file has been fixed and the link updated.
i have the same issue as TinTin. Has some one found the error?
emiumfinal
Explorer
Explorer

Post by emiumfinal »

I also noticed that in endless mode the volume seemed much lower then in regular mode. I looked through the XML and found a spot in Endless mode where the </page> was before the Javascript. I changed it on mine but I'm not sure if it made a difference because I also bumped up the initial volume to 70% at the same time. Not sure the actual location though, but you might be able to search for it.
lawman5297
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by lawman5297 »

vaginal_itch wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:35 am @lawman5297
I'm not really sure if adding such feature (i.e. using "player's" name) is really worth the effort. While I don't think it would be difficult to implement technically, it would require some thought as to where to use this name, in which dialogues, why, and what for :) It's just not rewarding enough :)
Understand. Just a thought.
BoundSquirrel
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by BoundSquirrel »

Unfortunately, since I can't replicate the error, I can't resolve it.
I'm not really sure if adding such feature (i.e. using "player's" name) is really worth the effort. While I don't think it would be difficult to implement technically, it would require some thought as to where to use this name, in which dialogues, why, and what for :) It's just not rewarding enough :)
It's not technically difficult, but I agree that it's a hassle to retrofit into a tease. I used this in a tease that I never published and had it working, and the script works in Heart's Club. It's the re-writing individual pages to incorporate calling the variable that's a giant pain.
I also noticed that in endless mode the volume seemed much lower then in regular mode. I looked through the XML and found a spot in Endless mode where the </page> was before the Javascript. I changed it on mine but I'm not sure if it made a difference because I also bumped up the initial volume to 70% at the same time. Not sure the actual location though, but you might be able to search for it.
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll look into it.
NEGEV
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by NEGEV »

BoundSquirrel wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:32 am
Unfortunately, since I can't replicate the error, I can't resolve it.
It's not technically difficult, but I agree that it's a hassle to retrofit into a tease. I used this in a tease that I never published and had it working, and the script works in Heart's Club. It's the re-writing individual pages to incorporate calling the variable that's a giant pain.
We could try it the other way around. Which java version, which javascript and which guideme version are you currently using?
Tintin119
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by Tintin119 »

Java version 8 Update 171
Javascript - Don't know how to check, does it matter that I primarily use Firefox? I feel stupid for asking this since I am certainly an advanced computer user, though I want to cover anything that may cause this issue.
Guide Me Version 0.3.7

I currently run this program on a flashdrive, but I have tried running it from a folder on the SSD and that also has not worked. I have also tried listening for the signal with both headphones and speakers (just to show it probably isn't the audio device acting funny) to no avail. I am on windows 10 home 64bit with 8gb ram and 7th gen i3 in a laptop.
emiumfinal
Explorer
Explorer

Post by emiumfinal »

BoundSquirrel wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:32 am
I'm by no means a programmer, but I spent some more time looking through the XML and think I found a few more issues:

In endless mode, on the next, next2, and next3 pages, the JavaScript function to add to the volume isn't closed properly - it has a { instead of } at the end. This seems to prevent the volume from increasing in endless mode.

All the poolgirl pages (for endless mode) use the painlevel to set the volume, when I think it should be audLevel?

The next, next2, and next3 pages also increase the harshLevel variable, but that isn't actually used anywhere after you calibrate the pain level in the opening. The harshLevel value is written to painLevel on those pages, and none of the tease pages reference harshLevel.
Yamakasi
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Yamakasi »

I think I found a solution to the no sound Java issue. I am running windows 7 ultimate 64bit with firefox. I replaced and updated java a few times. Then I tried running different versions of guide me 36 37 both 32 and 64 bits. Nothing would work.So then today I downloaded the 1.4 estim tower file again and unzipped and renamed it and placed the updated var aud file within. Fired guide me 37 up and pointed it at the freshly extracted folder I now have sound! I hope this helps.
nihlus
Explorer
Explorer

Post by nihlus »

Regarding BoundSquirrels mod:
<Button target="intro2">Continue</Button>
<javascript>
<![CDATA[
function pageLoad() {
scriptVars.put("audLevel", "50");
var audLevel = scriptVars.get("audLevel");
scriptVars.put("painLevel", "50");
var painLevel = scriptVars.get("painLevel");
scriptVars.put("harshLevel", "50");
var harshLevel = scriptVars.get("harshLevel");}
]]>
</javascript>
The audLevel variable is only initialized at intro2 - if you skip this page, or arrive at audio before initialization you'll get the audLevel = NaN error as mentioned previously by multiple users.

Steps to reproduce: Skip intro, go into settings etc... - pretty much any route that isn't just playing the regular game through and triggering intro2
lawman5297
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lawman5297 »

To those that have been writing the volume mod:
I would like to incorporate this into my personal version of Estim Tower. I am a novice at best with the XMl but I have been able to do what I want. I am not very well versed with javascript. Can someone give me a little insight into how this works? Are the initial levels set under "intro1" and is that 50%? Is this also 50% of what the PC is set at or is this actually 50% of the 100% available volume?
<javascript>
<![CDATA[
function pageLoad() {
]]>
</javascript>

What does this do?

<javascript>
<![CDATA[
function pageLoad() {
var audLevel = parseInt(scriptVars.get("audLevel"));
scriptVars.put("audLevel", ""+audLevel);
{
overRide.setAudio("AAaudio/calibrate.mp3","","","","","","","",audLevel)}
}
]]>
</javascript>
And this one specifically what does the +5 do.

<javascript>
<![CDATA[
function pageLoad() {
var painLevel = parseInt(scriptVars.get("painLevel"));
scriptVars.put("painLevel", ""+painLevel);
{
overRide.setAudio("AAaudio/calibrate-pain.mp3","","","","","","","",painLevel)}
}
function painUp() {
var painLevel = parseInt(scriptVars.get("painLevel"))+5;
scriptVars.put("painLevel", ""+painLevel);}
]]>

With these questions answered I think I can then understand what this does. THX!!!
SplashNeuton
Explorer
Explorer

Post by SplashNeuton »

Any way to play it without device? Maybe any kind of estim to metronome converter or something?
emiumfinal
Explorer
Explorer

Post by emiumfinal »

lawman5297 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:40 pm
Spoiler: show
To those that have been writing the volume mod:
I would like to incorporate this into my personal version of Estim Tower. I am a novice at best with the XMl but I have been able to do what I want. I am not very well versed with javascript. Can someone give me a little insight into how this works? Are the initial levels set under "intro1" and is that 50%? Is this also 50% of what the PC is set at or is this actually 50% of the 100% available volume?
<javascript>
<![CDATA[
function pageLoad() {
]]>
</javascript>

What does this do?

<javascript>
<![CDATA[
function pageLoad() {
var audLevel = parseInt(scriptVars.get("audLevel"));
scriptVars.put("audLevel", ""+audLevel);
{
overRide.setAudio("AAaudio/calibrate.mp3","","","","","","","",audLevel)}
}
]]>
</javascript>
And this one specifically what does the +5 do.

<javascript>
<![CDATA[
function pageLoad() {
var painLevel = parseInt(scriptVars.get("painLevel"));
scriptVars.put("painLevel", ""+painLevel);
{
overRide.setAudio("AAaudio/calibrate-pain.mp3","","","","","","","",painLevel)}
}
function painUp() {
var painLevel = parseInt(scriptVars.get("painLevel"))+5;
scriptVars.put("painLevel", ""+painLevel);}
]]>

With these questions answered I think I can then understand what this does. THX!!!
Yes, the first part is where the volume is set - it is just a percentage of the normal volume, so set at 50% here. That same section of code also appears in the Endless mode section toward the end, so if you wanted to change it you would need to change it there also.

The second part is where it overrides the normal audio to use the new volume for the file, not really anything there that needs to be changed for any reason, as far as I could tell.

The third place you posted is where you can increase the pain volume separately from the regular volume during the calibration screens - the +5 adds 5% to the pain volume when it is played (so 55% instead of 50%, etc).

There are also a few places where the volume increases as you go to new girls or new floors. It adds +1 on the same floor and +2 for new floors - you can find those places pretty easily by searching for "))+2" or "))+1".

You might want to also look at my earlier post, I found a few places where the code needs to be fixed to work fully - a couple of tags out of place.
lolol2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lolol2 »

SplashNeuton wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:22 pm Any way to play it without device? Maybe any kind of estim to metronome converter or something?
Hm everything is based on estim, can't imagine how this should work without a device.
Milovana has a lot teases that are way better for that, instead of transforming this one here. ;-)
But I can just recommend to get a device and make the experience. :yes:
My creations:

[Tutorial] Building your own DIY E-Stim Stereo Device

Videos:
06/2020 - Estim Sync Hero Vol. 01

Teases:
04/2020 - Estim Mansion under Quarantine
12/2019 - Estim Challenge
12/2018 - Estim Distraction
03/2018 - The Estim Tower - Endless Mode
01/2018 - The Estim Tower
05/2017 - The Estim Mansion
lawman5297
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lawman5297 »

Thanks emiumfinal, I have you code copied off. I also found some of the open tags and closed them. You told me what I needed to know. Thanks again!!!
lolol2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lolol2 »

Just for the people who missed the news about the new HTML5 player from Milovana.

The beta player seems already work perfectly with my tease.
Even on android phones it seems like to work fine.
The image quality is a lot higher (maybe longer load times) than the flashmode, so give it a try if you prefer using the online versions.

Normal Mode
https://milovana.com/webteases/showteas ... 050&html=1

Endless Mode
https://milovana.com/webteases/showteas ... 271&html=1

If you can find any bugs, please report it here.
My creations:

[Tutorial] Building your own DIY E-Stim Stereo Device

Videos:
06/2020 - Estim Sync Hero Vol. 01

Teases:
04/2020 - Estim Mansion under Quarantine
12/2019 - Estim Challenge
12/2018 - Estim Distraction
03/2018 - The Estim Tower - Endless Mode
01/2018 - The Estim Tower
05/2017 - The Estim Mansion