FB: The Estim Tower

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
hosenguy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Re: FB: The Estim Tower

Post by hosenguy »

I had time today to find this original post regarding the technique of the volume increase. It is done with a percentage as described inside the spoiler inside the spoiler and starts at a selected level!

What would happen if you set the initial volumes to almost 100% at the start? Then they would not have anywhere to ramp to? (These are part of the user settings in the tease described below.) Unfortunately, I have not played any of the newer releases due to other requirements on my time.
Spoiler: show
BoundSquirrel wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:20 pm Thanks for the feedback and questions. First of all, I have fixed the error in endless mode; it should work without crashing now.

As for the mechanics of how to increase the volume, yes, this is through Guideme. The specifics are behind the spoiler in case there are those that don't want to know.
In the very beginning of the tease, I have javascript set a few variables with this code:

<javascript>
<![CDATA[
function pageLoad() {
scriptVars.put("audLevel", "50");
var audLevel = scriptVars.get("audLevel");
scriptVars.put("painLevel", "50");
var painLevel = scriptVars.get("painLevel");
scriptVars.put("harshLevel", "50");
var harshLevel = scriptVars.get("harshLevel");}
]]>
</javascript>

Then I pulled out all of the <Audio id="XXXXXX.mp3"/> lines and replaced them with something like this:

<javascript>
<![CDATA[
function pageLoad() {
var audLevel = parseInt(scriptVars.get("audLevel"));
scriptVars.put("audLevel", ""+audLevel);
{
overRide.setAudio("AAaudio/1005a.mp3","","","","","","","",audLevel)}
}
]]>
</javascript>

Guideme 0.3.6 allows the last variable to be volume level as a per centage from 0-100. In the initial setup stages of the tease, 'AudLevel' and 'PainLevel' ('HarshLevel' gets copied to 'PainLevel' if you choose the harsh pain files) are set to 50 at the start because on my setup, my 2B wouldn't recognize any audio input below 50% and plays them just fine up to 100%. As you go up floors, the level increases slowly (2% per floor and 1% if you have to repeat on a floor). If you get sent down floors, it goes down 1% per floor, so even if you go up and down, the volume will still naturally increase over time.
The downside to this is that if you go up and down too much due to the natural course of the game, you'll cap out at 100%. As far as I can tell and was able to sort out, that's just going to be a limitation with the tools at hand.
Pain files work the same, but at the beginning, you can select normal or harsh, which also start out at 50%, but she'll give you the option to make them 'louder' than the normal files if you really want to have a jolt if you have to stop and/or face a pain mistress in the course of your adventure. Every time you tell her to make them more intense, the volume jumps by 5%. Again, this caps at 100%, so if you have an offset, your pain files will stop increasing sooner than your normal ones.
If you read all of that and have suggestions to improve, I'm all ears.
Well anyway this is my "Blah, Blah!" for today.
enjoy.
lawman5297
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by lawman5297 »

hosenguy wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:36 am I had time today to find this original post regarding the technique of the volume increase. It is done with a percentage as described inside the spoiler inside the spoiler and starts at a selected level!

What would happen if you set the initial volumes to almost 100% at the start? Then they would not have anywhere to ramp to? (These are part of the user settings in the tease described below.) Unfortunately, I have not played any of the newer releases due to other requirements on my time.

Well anyway this is my "Blah, Blah!" for today.
enjoy.
You are correct. If you set the initial levels in the script at 90% and throughout the game it increased 5% more than 2 times, well you cant go over 100 so those increases will not be felt.
Tedlington9099
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Tedlington9099 »

lolol2 ...
By all means keep the Sensi Quiz and add more questions when you have time :-D
My view is that when you get a question wrong ... You get a 1second harsh pain signal ... Adds more tension to the quiz.
lolol2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lolol2 »

Tedlington9099 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:51 pm My view is that when you get a question wrong ... You get a 1second harsh pain signal ... Adds more tension to the quiz.
This was implemented in kind of last minute without taking a test which I did in the time.
I will change the audio files a bit, the file for the correct answer is a bit to strong and harsh... on the other hand the file for the wrong question is not strong enough... will be fixed soon. :-P

I will also implement a setting where you can choose how often she can appear... in my test drive I had her 4 times in one run... that was too much in my eyes and not planned... sometimes the random scripts just don't work like I want it. :rolleyes:
My creations:

[Tutorial] Building your own DIY E-Stim Stereo Device

Videos:
06/2020 - Estim Sync Hero Vol. 01

Teases:
04/2020 - Estim Mansion under Quarantine
12/2019 - Estim Challenge
12/2018 - Estim Distraction
03/2018 - The Estim Tower - Endless Mode
01/2018 - The Estim Tower
05/2017 - The Estim Mansion
NEGEV
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by NEGEV »

Has anyone updated the javascript audio part for the new version of estim tower?
NEGEV
Explorer
Explorer

Post by NEGEV »

NEGEV wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:30 am Has anyone updated the javascript audio part for the new version of estim tower?
So I just tried doing it myself and it seems to work. I used a lot of autocompletion so there might be bugs in it.
I was to lazy to write pages for setting up the painLevel and harshLevel. Therefore I set it to 100 bc with my device that would be the normal outcome anyway I think. I you want somethink diffrent just go to line 485 or 487 and change the input.
Here is file if anyone is interested:
https://mega.nz/#!Kc11EaQS!1leH3Fh5aRWu ... QHRK_Z-1bQ
lolol2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lolol2 »

A few people at socialstim.org are reporting they are getting a black screen after the quiz.
Has someone get into same problems and can maybe report where it happend exactly and which settings you selected?

I can't reproduce this at the moment with my tests, looks like everything is working fine. :unsure:

If you played the tease with a quiz part and you had no problems, a short answer that it worked fine for you would also be helpfull.
My creations:

Videos:

Teases:
Stimmer0815
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Stimmer0815 »

Hi,

I played Version 2.0 and also tried the Quiz Part.
I had no Problems Playing the Quiz.

I used the following settings: Evil, Mistress as normal Part (Yes), Standard Pain Files.
Guidme Version was 64.0.3.7.

By the way. Version 2.0 is realy a great extension to the previous Tower Version.
As written by someone else, i am Missing the Endless Mode and the Version where the Stim Signal wil be increasd over time.

Because of the Timers you implemented the Normal Version coule be used as a Endless Mode I think.
But when i tested the whole Version with the Debugg Mode of Guidme i noticed two Point where is no timer:
In Stage 5: Tiffany (Yes, Nothing Special). Without Triggering the Tease will End here.
In Stage 6: Malena (Why Not, No Mistress). Same here. Tease will End without pick an Choice.
The Screens with Caprice. Only in 3rd Floor there is a Punishment when you not click a Button. In all other floors Nothing Happens and the Storry goes on.

But at all it is another great Version.
Thanyk you very much for it.

Greetings Chris
Stimmer0815
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Stimmer0815 »

Hi,

i think i figured out the Error.

Setting was Extreme, Mistress as regular Girl, Alternative Pain files.

When Quiz starts, dont answer any Question. (5 Times no Answer).
After the last question an Error appears (Page not found).

Good night and have a nice Monday.
lolol2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lolol2 »

Thanks for the feedback.

Still can't reproduce it even with exactly this settings... I just ran the question part on all floors in a row at the webversion.
No errors... everthing worked like expected.

I guess there is some question that will maybe trigger that problem. :no:
Still searching... any hint is welcome.
My creations:

Videos:

Teases:
Stimmer0815
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Stimmer0815 »

Hi,

i tried the GuidMe Version 0.3.7.

Maybe Webversion is OK?
tomxass
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by tomxass »

For me, the error is reproducible, both with GuidMe and in the Webversion.
With EVEL and QUIZ it ends with an error, if I select after the first tease in the 2nd floor PAIN.

Is that the same with someone else?
lolol2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lolol2 »

Yes! Thanks for the hint! :yes:

I accidently used the same page names for the pain part at floor 2 and something in the quiz!
The new version will be available later this day...
My creations:

Videos:

Teases:
lolol2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lolol2 »

Okay new web version 2.2 is online and the GuideMe version can be downloaded... link in the first post as always.
There is also the script only download, but you have to add the 6 additional audio files you can find in the .zip file too.

- Quiz Mode bug fixed, thanks for the help finding this tricky one! :-)
- A few questions edited which had wrong answers/text
- Text of the new girls is now language corrected, thanks to Tedlington9099 who helped me with that!
- Audio files for Quiz Mode changed a bit
- And fixed a few additional smaller things like...
Stimmer0815 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:31 pm But when i tested the whole Version with the Debugg Mode of Guidme i noticed two Point where is no timer:
In Stage 5: Tiffany (Yes, Nothing Special). Without Triggering the Tease will End here.
In Stage 6: Malena (Why Not, No Mistress). Same here. Tease will End without pick an Choice.
Fixed! Thanks for the feedback! :-)

Stimmer0815 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:31 pm The Screens with Caprice. Only in 3rd Floor there is a Punishment when you not click a Button. In all other floors Nothing Happens and the Storry goes on.
Nope, she will let you take another ride at the same floor, check the text. ;-)

I also let the tease run a few times with the new HTML5 player in the background which is now default when you open the tease from the tease list... looks like it's working fine.
Any feedback about a full playthrough with that player is also welcome. :wave:
You can still start the flash version with the link you can find in the first post.

I guess the next update will maybe again some bugfixes and the new endless mode, not sure if there will be something more to the tower in the future... maybe some more questions or something like that.

I'm already working on a design for the next tease, I had a very cool idea... or I think it's cool, lets see. ;-)
I will also wait for the new editior which is much more powerfull in scripting, so things like automatic volume increase and a lot more will be onboard by default.

But this will take some time... don't expect something soon!
Just want to say that there is something planned! :innocent:
My creations:

Videos:

Teases:
Tedlington9099
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Tedlington9099 »

More than happy that I was able to help my friend ... any time.
Will the new tease developed with the new editor still be able to run under HTML5 .. just asking because I can't run Guide Me.