FB: The Estim Tower

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
Tintin119
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: FB: The Estim Tower

Post by Tintin119 »

I was thinking that one way of obtaining the progression of difficulty is having a way of only adjusting volume during calibration. So once it is set, you are basically stuck with that intensity until the next calibration. If you go a bit high in volume, you'll end up failing the pleasurable part and have to take a nastier punishment, which should keep you in check. This all has to be done in an external tease environment that either supports volume control (independent left and right volume is preferable). Maybe a system that also prevents you from going too low would also be nice, the possibilities are much more open once you move from the flashtease environment). You can also support selfbondage release methods in an external tease, that way you can force yourself to take the punishment for cumming early as well, and perhaps with a fixed reduction in volume to account for increased sensitivity.

Please, comment if this is something you would like to see, or even if you would like to help me with doing this. This idea can also be made into a sort of platform to make it easier to add mistresses and other features or storylines. Things can be made much more random, but at the same time variables can be used to prevent something like being held back on the same floor 4 times despite being on easy mode (probably one of my biggest issues with the tease as it is). A whole suite of settings can be included to help make the session more appropriate for what you want it to be like. I just would like the assurance that someone will be using it if I spend hours porting the tease to an environment that can support these features.

So far, Lolol2 has liked the idea but that's all the user base i have thus far. This can certainly take the estim tease concept to the next level.
boundupone
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by boundupone »

Hi, I definitely love the idea, but am afraid I don't have the time or expertise to help. But I really hope you get enough replies to give it a try.
Try anything once!
sweden123
Explorer
Explorer

Post by sweden123 »

Tintin119 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:35 pm I was thinking that one way of obtaining the progression of difficulty is having a way of only adjusting volume during calibration. So once it is set, you are basically stuck with that intensity until the next calibration. If you go a bit high in volume, you'll end up failing the pleasurable part and have to take a nastier punishment, which should keep you in check. This all has to be done in an external tease environment that either supports volume control (independent left and right volume is preferable). Maybe a system that also prevents you from going too low would also be nice, the possibilities are much more open once you move from the flashtease environment). You can also support selfbondage release methods in an external tease, that way you can force yourself to take the punishment for cumming early as well, and perhaps with a fixed reduction in volume to account for increased sensitivity.

Please, comment if this is something you would like to see, or even if you would like to help me with doing this. This idea can also be made into a sort of platform to make it easier to add mistresses and other features or storylines. Things can be made much more random, but at the same time variables can be used to prevent something like being held back on the same floor 4 times despite being on easy mode (probably one of my biggest issues with the tease as it is). A whole suite of settings can be included to help make the session more appropriate for what you want it to be like. I just would like the assurance that someone will be using it if I spend hours porting the tease to an environment that can support these features.

So far, Lolol2 has liked the idea but that's all the user base i have thus far. This can certainly take the estim tease concept to the next level.
I've played around a bit with automatic volume adjustment, but I'm not very good at programming and it keeps crashing. The volume range I can handle varies quite a bit between sessions as well, so I don't think it would be straightforward to implement into a tease

I think the best would be if Guideme/TeaseAI/sexscripts had a volume control built in that could be controlled from a tease. GuideMe already seems to have one in the settings, but changing the values doesn't seem to make any difference. Don't know enough about sexscripts, it might already have one
Tintin119
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Tintin119 »

I've played around a bit with automatic volume adjustment, but I'm not very good at programming and it keeps crashing. The volume range I can handle varies quite a bit between sessions as well, so I don't think it would be straightforward to implement into a tease
I am pretty sure you can make a .bat file that bumps the system volume up/down, and call it with SexScripts or something. Not as elegant as what you would want ideally, but this is still pretty useful. I have also found a program called VoluMouse that can accept mouse inputs, maybe it can be combined with a script that only enables the scroll wheel during calibration. It is certainly important that the system is not prone to crashing so you don't get a nasty zap. Also setting up a maximum failure volume (say the program attenuates and upon crashing it just sets the volume at 100%) in such a way that there is an upper limit that isn't too crazy so you can properly react in case of some mistake. I think a "hot spot" button that cuts off the signal immediately would also be necessary, or another means of escape like a string that can be pulled to unplug the aux cord from a computer (or cut off power to the stim unit), just leaving you to wait until a release. With a tease program that can save timestamps, you can make the tease such that you get a punishment waiting period before you can reopen it. There are tons of opportunities for making the system more elaborate for bondage fans!

A natural progression of intensity would be nice, but since everyone is different and has different electrode configurations the best way seems to be user feedback (aka calibration). I have also considered making hardware that allows you to only increase volume or cut it off completely (with maybe a reset that cannot be reached in selfbondage so if you have to cut it off the session is essentially over), but that requires external hardware to be made which is not so easily replicated for all users. If anyone can accomplish making a program for stereo volume control, that can help me greatly as I am also not the best at programming. Even mono is a good start!

Keep the ideas and conversation going! As much as I know what I want, this port isn't worth it much unless it will benefit a good number of users.
hosenguy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by hosenguy »

Regarding the volume control, I found that GuideMe can control audio files volume. But not video.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (30.55 KiB) Viewed 2665 times
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=12944&start=1095
BoundSquirrel
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by BoundSquirrel »

All,

Estim Tower with Automatic Volume Increase

Please give this revision to Estim Tower a try. I reached out to Lolol once Guideme 0.3.6 was released and asked if I could try my hand at a revision that would auto-increase the volume. Lolol graciously accepted my offer to improve on this masterpiece, so here it is. This is just the xml file; all of the pictures and sounds remain the same.

This REQUIRES Guideme 0.3.6. or higher. You can find it in this thread: Guideme 0.3.6 Download This will not work on earlier versions of Guideme or any versions of Teaseme. I put in a request for this feature specifically with Estim Tower in mind. Thank you, philo, for adding variable volume into Guideme!

Disclaimers: I have not tested this on 100% of the pages, and I'm pretty sure there are areas of the tease that I've never gotten to. I've tested the normal game and the endless mode and neither one fried my junk. I make no promises and offer no warranties or guarantees that you'll have the same experience. As with everything eStim, be careful and take it slow. I designed this to slowly ramp up over time; there shouldn't be any giant jolts.

It DOES allow you to set your normal and pain volumes separately, so if you set your pain levels way higher than the normal levels, as they both increase, you could be setting yourself up for quite the zap if you get to an unexpectedly 'loud' pain round.

I tested this using a 2B. I have not tested it on any other box. I would like to get feedback on how it works on home-grown boxes and other commercially available units.

Please let me know if anything doesn't work right, doesn't increase, etc. The increase is slow; you might not notice it one floor to the next, but it was definitely notable over time.

I welcome feedback.

Good luck getting to the top of the tower all over again!

EDIT: Thank you Blackbird238 for finding the missing /Page in Endless Mode. The file has been fixed and the link updated.
Last edited by BoundSquirrel on Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tintin119
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Tintin119 »

The entire script seems to be missing lines that plays the audio from what was uploaded.

Edit: Updating Java fixed it. I didn't see that the audio is not in the javascript portions of the xml file.
modnar
Explorer
Explorer

Post by modnar »

Brilliant! I look forward to trying this one out. Good job
Blackbird238
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Blackbird238 »

BoundSquirrel wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:22 am Please let me know if anything doesn't work right, doesn't increase, etc.
I just found an error in your xml-file. The </Page> for the page "dlcintro8" is missing. This leads to a 404-error after a few pages into the endless mode. Once I inserted the </Page>, it seems to work fine, so I'm going to test it now...
Stimmer0815
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Stimmer0815 »

First of all,

thank you BoundSquirrel for the Auto volume increase Version of E-Stim tower.
Please let me know if anything doesn't work right, doesn't increase, etc. The increase is slow; you might not notice it one floor to the next, but it was definitely notable over time.
I dont know why, but i can not start the Endless Mode. Whe i have to chosse how often i like the Pain mistress (20-100% or your choice) i get an errror page, that the Page ist not found. It makes no difference what option I choose.

The Normal Mode works fine, for the time i played.

Can you please tell me, how the Volume increase works? Is it the Increse in Guidme?
I can choose manually between 0 and 200. So is there a difference if i start with the default 100, or should i decrease this to 20-50, you have more steps?

Furthermore i found out, that it is not good to set the main output level of my computer on 100%. At this level the input for the estim 2b is too high sometimes. I see this, because it is not possible to change the power level when the input level is in full range of the display.
Can you confirm this?

So i found out, when i have default music level in guidme, i set my output level on computer to 70%.
But if the loudnes of guidme increases to 150-200, maybe i have to set the output level on computer to max 60%.

I hope you understand what i mean. Maybe you can explain how the increase of the volume works, so i can try with different levels of volume and give you more feedback.

Wish you all a nice weekend.

Chris
Stimmer0815
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Stimmer0815 »

Tintin119 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:35 pm I was thinking that one way of obtaining the progression of difficulty is having a way of only adjusting volume during calibration. So once it is set, you are basically stuck with that intensity until the next calibration. If you go a bit high in volume, you'll end up failing the pleasurable part and have to take a nastier punishment, which should keep you in check. This all has to be done in an external tease environment that either supports volume control (independent left and right volume is preferable). Maybe a system that also prevents you from going too low would also be nice, the possibilities are much more open once you move from the flashtease environment). You can also support selfbondage release methods in an external tease, that way you can force yourself to take the punishment for cumming early as well, and perhaps with a fixed reduction in volume to account for increased sensitivity.

Sounds like a great Idea. If i could help you with this projekt i will try to do my best. I am not good in programming, but if i can do other things please let me know. I mean, actually we reached a level a lot of firms would take money to use this programm. The more I am impressed by what was done here voluntarily.

Let me know, if i can help in any way.

Chris
BoundSquirrel
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by BoundSquirrel »

Thanks for the feedback and questions. First of all, I have fixed the error in endless mode; it should work without crashing now.

As for the mechanics of how to increase the volume, yes, this is through Guideme. The specifics are behind the spoiler in case there are those that don't want to know.
Spoiler: show
In the very beginning of the tease, I have javascript set a few variables with this code:

<javascript>
<![CDATA[
function pageLoad() {
scriptVars.put("audLevel", "50");
var audLevel = scriptVars.get("audLevel");
scriptVars.put("painLevel", "50");
var painLevel = scriptVars.get("painLevel");
scriptVars.put("harshLevel", "50");
var harshLevel = scriptVars.get("harshLevel");}
]]>
</javascript>

Then I pulled out all of the <Audio id="XXXXXX.mp3"/> lines and replaced them with something like this:

<javascript>
<![CDATA[
function pageLoad() {
var audLevel = parseInt(scriptVars.get("audLevel"));
scriptVars.put("audLevel", ""+audLevel);
{
overRide.setAudio("AAaudio/1005a.mp3","","","","","","","",audLevel)}
}
]]>
</javascript>

Guideme 0.3.6 allows the last variable to be volume level as a per centage from 0-100. In the initial setup stages of the tease, 'AudLevel' and 'PainLevel' ('HarshLevel' gets copied to 'PainLevel' if you choose the harsh pain files) are set to 50 at the start because on my setup, my 2B wouldn't recognize any audio input below 50% and plays them just fine up to 100%. As you go up floors, the level increases slowly (2% per floor and 1% if you have to repeat on a floor). If you get sent down floors, it goes down 1% per floor, so even if you go up and down, the volume will still naturally increase over time.
The downside to this is that if you go up and down too much due to the natural course of the game, you'll cap out at 100%. As far as I can tell and was able to sort out, that's just going to be a limitation with the tools at hand.
Pain files work the same, but at the beginning, you can select normal or harsh, which also start out at 50%, but she'll give you the option to make them 'louder' than the normal files if you really want to have a jolt if you have to stop and/or face a pain mistress in the course of your adventure. Every time you tell her to make them more intense, the volume jumps by 5%. Again, this caps at 100%, so if you have an offset, your pain files will stop increasing sooner than your normal ones.
If you read all of that and have suggestions to improve, I'm all ears.
Tintin119
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Tintin119 »

I turned on JS debugging and whenever the first audio is played I get this error. Any ideas what I might need to do to fix it? I think audio only worked for me once.
Error.PNG
Error.PNG (519.29 KiB) Viewed 2494 times
BoundSquirrel
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by BoundSquirrel »

No idea. I just tried going through to the same page and it worked fine. I assume that this happens when you click 'next' to go to the calibration page because there is no audio or javascript on intro8.

The audio started ramping up as expected when I tried it. Any chance you have to update JS?
Stimmer0815
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Stimmer0815 »

Thanks for your feedback and the explanation BoundSquirrel.
Guideme 0.3.6 allows the last variable to be volume level as a per centage from 0-100. In the initial setup stages of the tease, 'AudLevel' and 'PainLevel' ('HarshLevel' gets copied to 'PainLevel' if you choose the harsh pain files) are set to 50 at the start because on my setup, my 2B wouldn't recognize any audio input below 50% and plays them just fine up to 100%.
I have a question because of the Harsh Pain files. For me and i think other people here in the Forum with the 2B the Pain files seem not to work.
It is like the 2b is cutting the frequency of the harsh pain files, so i dont have a sginal.
I can power up the device until i feel anything, but then the normal tease is much too high.
Does the Harsh pain files work in your setup with the 2B? If yes, can you explain the settings of guidme, Computer outpout and 2B settinmgs?

Normally i used the default setting in Guidme (100 volume, 70% output computer and on 2b the (Stereo, power level high, 12V DC Adapter and i start normally with 10-15% output level.)
I use a PES big sparkler urethral, pes testivle tubular electrode around the shaft and another one around the balls in a triphase setup. With a audio split adapter i also use a bipolar buttplug on channel A.)

But even without the adio split adapter, only with triphase setup the harsh files dont seem to work. The normal rease and pain files work great, even with the splitter.

Maybe you have an idea?

Thanyk you very much.

Chris