FB: The Estim Tower

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
Gurgl
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: FB: The Estim Tower

Post by Gurgl »

I seem to have the same problem as some others when trying to use the automatic volume increase version. I get the error "Cannot convert NaN to java.lang.Integer" when I enter calibration.

Have tried to debug and make different kind of modifications, but nothing seems to work. What I have concluded so far is that it fails on this line of code:

Code: Select all

overRide.setAudio("AAaudio/calibrate.mp3","","","","","","","",audLevel)}
In this context:

var audLevel = parseInt(scriptVars.get("audLevel"));
scriptVars.put("audLevel", ""+audLevel);
{
}
If I modify the code like this it works (code makes no sense, but it give sound and no error message):

scriptVars.put("audLevel", ""+audLevel);
scriptVars.put("audLevel", "50");
{
}
It is not enough to just do the parseInt, I need to also first assign it "50". This leads me to believe there is something wrong with the contents of the variable "audLevel". If it was just the wrong type, a typecast with parseInt would have been enough, but there must be something fishy with the contents, a carriage return sign embedded in it or something.

I also tried modifying it like this:

{
}
And it do not work. So the audLevel variable must be fishy already when this part of the code is entered.

I don´t know programming well enough to continue, one would like to read or print the contents of the "audLevel" to figure out what is happening. I hope my findings so far can help someone else to track down the fault.

As reference I run Java 8-171, and GuideMe 3.6.
lolol2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lolol2 »

Maybe you have the same problem... should only apear when you skip the intro.
Or just move the code from intro2 to the start page which is triggered as first page everytime.
nihlus wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:45 pm Regarding BoundSquirrels mod:

The audLevel variable is only initialized at intro2 - if you skip this page, or arrive at audio before initialization you'll get the audLevel = NaN error as mentioned previously by multiple users.

Steps to reproduce: Skip intro, go into settings etc... - pretty much any route that isn't just playing the regular game through and triggering intro2
My creations:
Spoiler: show

[Tutorial] Building your own DIY E-Stim Stereo Device

Videos:
06/2020 - Estim Sync Hero Vol. 01

Teases:
04/2020 - Estim Mansion under Quarantine
12/2019 - Estim Challenge
12/2018 - Estim Distraction
03/2018 - The Estim Tower - Endless Mode
01/2018 - The Estim Tower
05/2017 - The Estim Mansion
Gurgl
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Gurgl »

lolol2 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:27 am Maybe you have the same problem... should only apear when you skip the intro.
Or just move the code from intro2 to the start page which is triggered as first page everytime.
nihlus wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:45 pm Regarding BoundSquirrels mod:

The audLevel variable is only initialized at intro2 - if you skip this page, or arrive at audio before initialization you'll get the audLevel = NaN error as mentioned previously by multiple users.

Steps to reproduce: Skip intro, go into settings etc... - pretty much any route that isn't just playing the regular game through and triggering intro2
You are right indeed! I went directly into Settings menu, and that´s what happen. Also failed to read this post hidden in plain sight explaining the problem.. :blush:

I tried to correct it in the code, adding initialization everywhere calibration was called. Then I realized I messed up the "More"-button, as it initiates back to 50 each press. So I deleted the initialization I had added there, and then it crashed again. Well, I just leave the code as it is, and click through the intro each time! ;-)

But when I was doing all this, I noticed a calibration line in the code (it appears twice):

overRide.setAudio("AAaudio/calibrate-harsh.mp3","","","","","","","",painLevel)}
Now this can´t be right, can it? Mixing "calibrate-harsh.mp3" with "painLevel", as oposed to "harshLevel".
BoundSquirrel
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by BoundSquirrel »

Updated file moving the initialization to the very first page (I'm sure I had it on a later page for a reason but can't remember why), and fixing the open { in endless mode.

Thanks for the feedback.

Updated Variable Audio File
hawekeye1234
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by hawekeye1234 »

vaginal_itch wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:07 am Hey guys!

As we're all waiting for lolol2 to release a new creation some day, being a vivid fan of the tease, I've taken upon a task of creating a mod of Estim Tower.

It all sounds great, Can't wait to see what you come up with :)
[New Releases] 2021, find them here
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=24555
Gurgl
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Gurgl »

BoundSquirrel wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:51 pm Updated file moving the initialization to the very first page (I'm sure I had it on a later page for a reason but can't remember why), and fixing the open { in endless mode.

Thanks for the feedback.

Great, thanks! It is downloaded! :-)

And the mix of "calibrate-harsh.mp3" with variable "painLevel", as opposite to variable "harshLevel" is not a problem? I have not experienced any problem, it just looks different from the other lines... :-/

overRide.setAudio("AAaudio/calibrate-harsh.mp3","","","","","","","",painLevel)}
Gurgl
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Gurgl »

SplashNeuton wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:22 pm Any way to play it without device? Maybe any kind of estim to metronome converter or something?
There are devises that transform sound to vibration instead of E-Stim. Still a device, but... :-/

My favourite is called iBuzz. Unfortunately out of production now. But it is a box, the size of a cigarette package. Sound in from computer/mp3 player, signal out to a vibrator. In original set-up the vibrator is quite bulky, but you can buy a small cockring with vibrator, and easily transform it from stand alone battery powered to remote powered by the device.

There are newer devices to this concept, usually built in to the vibrator itself. Takes a bit of fiddling to get the electronics out to connect to your own vibrator, but the real problem is they seem to be digitalized/miniaturized to fit inside the vibrator. The iBuzz is an old thing with analogue electronics, really supporting all the fine levels of the "music" file (E-Stim file), the new ones is more or less just vibrator on or off. :no:

The small size, battery powered, sound from a small mp3-player makes it totally mobile, and opens for some interesting setups. For example fill the mp3-player with a set of silent files, and loud files. Then enable random playback mode, and head out to the grocery store. Let´s hope any loud file don´t come on just at the checkout! :w00t:
Gurgl
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Gurgl »

As we're all waiting for lolol2 to release a new creation some day, being a vivid fan of the tease, I've taken upon a task of creating a mod of Estim Tower.

I would greatly appreciate any ideas on further improvements, new girls, new stim files, new dialogues, anything you'd like to have included in the mod :)
Wow! I really look forward to this vaginal_itch! I see you have taken some of my earlier ideas into consideration. And you ask for more ideas, so I put my thinking hat on! :-D
  • First up a repeat request, if anything can be done to reduce the repeating Mistresses on each floor? It do not need to be totally new Mistresses (although that would be the dream), but if if was possible to partly randomize the amount and order of slides. I understand from earlier reply by lolol2 this require quite a lot of work, but perhaps it is easier now with the multiple files setup?
  • Then I was thinking, we have the Panic button. How about a "Pause" button. You are not really at the absolute edge, but you would like to slow down. Hitting "Pause" would give you a rest for some set period, then the tease continue. How long the rest is be can be random, all down to zero rest, the girl is ignoring your request, but replies something like "Oh, so you want a rest now do you, no rest for you". Using the Pause button could affect Caprice's mode, and it could be a maximum no of times you could press it (random or hard coded by girls personality). If you use it to many times, the girl would get tired of you and end the session. Naturally you would have a hard time convincing Caprice in the hallway then, since you did not finish the session... Not sure how to ensure the Pause button is not totally replacing the use of the Panic button through, may need a bit more thinking here... :wacko:
  • Another twist, in the end of some session, there could be bonus slides. Basic the girl is telling you "So, you finished, off to Caprice you go. Or.... Can you take some more teasing? If you last, I'll put in a good word for you with Caprice." And Caprice mode (randomization level) should be positivity affected naturally.
  • As mentioned before, I like it when the girl interacts with you, and it has some effect on the plot. Like the girl asking you to surrender now and the punishment will be less. It should actually affect the Mistress behaviour, or even what Mistress you get. Perhaps achievable combined with the modifications for the first item, random Mistress amount and order?
Well, that´s all for today, I'll keep thinking and get back if I have more ideas! :wave:
Romaules
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Romaules »

Current list of changes:
- including automatic voice increase by BoundSquirrel (with some minor fixest to his code) - DONE
- replacing ALL the girls' pictures with new ones with minor alteration to their dialogues, so they correspond with the photos (sorry, I'm not just that into Caprice :) - DONE
- multiple picture sets for each girl (so the game was even less repetitive) - DONE
- adding the Estim Mansion girls into the "main" storyline (so far, they were only included in the endless mode) - DONE
- "Panic" button effects randomization - work in progress
--- being sent downstairs directly
--- current session starts from the beginning
--- being sent to another girl on the same floor
--- taking 60 second pause and then the session continues
- how fast you decide to leave the hallway (between each girl) will influence Caprice's decision - work in progress
- improvements on Caprice's logic (decision-making) - work in progress

Most importantly, I've broken the tease into several smaller XML files, that are loaded by the main "program" and am in the process of cleaning up the code. For example: each floor has now it's seperate XML. That way, in the future it will be much easier to edit and expand the tease.

I would greatly appreciate any ideas on further improvements, new girls, new stim files, new dialogues, anything you'd like to have included in the mod :)
An idea for after you have gotten the elevator code, a pick your favorite girls new game plus. Ideally you would select which girls you would like to see for each floor, the tease would work as normal but with only the girls you selected.
Gurgl
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Gurgl »

BoundSquirrel wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:51 pm Updated file moving the initialization to the very first page (I'm sure I had it on a later page for a reason but can't remember why), and fixing the open { in endless mode.

Thanks for the feedback.

Hum.. Could have sworn I tested it and it worked when I downloaded the other day. But today, a couple of computer reboots and probably some automatic Windows update later it's not working anyhow... :-/
I get the conversion error no matter what I do, even if I go through the Intro part. Old version still work correctly via the Intro path.

Found another thing as well (in the original version, the one I can actually start ;-) )
Enter the house (Intro) > Normal calibration > Calibrate pain > "But first you get to decide which pain files we're going to use" > Test > Regular pain signal > Alternative pain signal Here there is missing a picture > And here we enter the first floor without performed pain calibration

Perhaps the idea is to calibrate during the test? But my interpretation is test is only to select type of signal, then I would expect the calibration part to take place after I have chosen... Not a big thing, but I just mention it to possible future refinements of this already excellent work! :-D
Gurgl
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Gurgl »

Some more ideas for you vaginal_itch! This time I focused on the Mistress parts. Not that I'm being greedy, but you specifically asked for more ideas! :-D

In the Mistress sessions there are the Mercy button. Don't know if there is any logic connected to this today? Have only played in Normal mode, and it feels a bit to easy to use it there anyway. In one session the button was there the entire time, in every slide, and I just pressed it repeatedly, skipping through the entire session in like 3 seconds, and then Caprice rewarded me to go upstairs. I like to try and cheat, but I don't like when I succeed.. :hmm:
  • First idea. Make the button disappear for some time once it has been clicked. That way you really need to think twice before hitting it, is this slide really that unbearable, or do I want to save the Mercy for next slide? Because if I click now, next slide will be merciless, literally speaking! :evil: Perhaps it disappears for one slide in Normal mode, two in Hard, and three slides in Extreme. Or random. Or depending on the Mistress personality. Well, just choose one, or perhaps several, options... :-)
  • Secondly, when you hit the button today, you skip directly to next slide. Honestly, when I hit it I would like to get a few seconds rest to catch my breath. If possible to implement without to much extra work I would like a new (extra) picture to display, where the stimuli is off, and the Mistress give some demeaning remark about my weakness. But it is also ok to keep the same image, and just alter the text. Not knowing the programming part, but would it be very hard? I´m thinking it just a small loop to enter for the extra text/picture/silent seconds, then jump back into the following slide like normal. :-|
  • Final idea, for today ;-) , if you hit the Mercy button to many times, let the Mistress abort the session and send you directly to the Mistress on the below floor. You still need a punishment, but you obviously can´t handle it up here! :sly:
Last let me repeat the desire from earlier post to limit the selection time when a girl ask you something. You mentioned you had already implemented random countdown time in hallway, but adding it to all selections would be appreciated. The outcome of not selecting in time could be the girl get tired of you and kicks you out, either to the hallway, or directly to another girl on the same floor, to endure a new full session from the beginning. And the more questions/interaction you get from the girls the better, so keep adding more of that if you ever find yourself out of stuff to code and still with free time on your hands! :lol:
lolol2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lolol2 »

Thanks for all the feedback, all the ideas are also nice to read for me and maybe some ideas will take part in my next project. ;-)

And thanks again to all who provide a custom version and take care about keep it running.
This topic has already over 200 posts... you are all crazy! :-P :lol:
My creations:
Spoiler: show

[Tutorial] Building your own DIY E-Stim Stereo Device

Videos:
06/2020 - Estim Sync Hero Vol. 01

Teases:
04/2020 - Estim Mansion under Quarantine
12/2019 - Estim Challenge
12/2018 - Estim Distraction
03/2018 - The Estim Tower - Endless Mode
01/2018 - The Estim Tower
05/2017 - The Estim Mansion
BoundSquirrel
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by BoundSquirrel »

What are you trying to do? I'm not a programmer but I'm pretty good at beating the JavaScript in guideme into submission to get it to do what I want. The code won't be pretty, and is likely redundant with some redundancy for good measure, but I can usually get something to work. You can pm me if it's a secret. :-D
hawekeye1234
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by hawekeye1234 »

vaginal_itch wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:23 pm @lolol2 - why wouldn't we? The Tower is fun! :)

As for me - I'm still working on my mod. What started as a simple picture replacement project, grows hellishly big
Hehe that seems to be a common theme in here :)
[New Releases] 2021, find them here
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=24555
Gurgl
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Gurgl »

lolol2 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:35 pm ... and maybe some ideas will take part in my next project. ;-)
I'm so exited already! Can't wait to see what you will come up with! :w00t: