[RELEASE] Technical Forms

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
figroll
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

[RELEASE] Technical Forms

Post by figroll »

A Guide Me Tease

I've been futzing around with this for ages and it's still a bit ragged, but hopefully it's bug free. So I thought I would upload it rather than continue polishing it for ages and never actually uploading it.

I tried to do something a little bit different and push a few edges in terms of Guide Me and how teases work. Mostly it's about my frustration with a lot of teases that are little more than "Do 100 strokes" . "Now edge!" and trying to be creative with the format.

It's metronome based and mostly kink free and softcore and there is a story so it can be quite wordy in places. But in the "action" parts I try to do everything with timers rather than buttons for a hands free experience. I have no real idea if the pacing works or if it will work for anyone else -- I have a somewhat specific thing for women counting and building frustration from stop/start so there is a lot of that . So there is a lot of build up that is meant to be frustrating and then after all the hard work you are hopefully in a gooning/edging state. Personally I would do this on a few days rest and already quite hard and horny before starting.

Mega Link here. It's about 1.0GB download as there is some video in it. Hopefully I did the Mega link right and it downloads and I don't run out of allowance (I have a free account).
Spoiler: show
https://mega.nz/#!vIBUgB6R!Bt-58iLp2e6y ... OhxpTB5SRE
Anyway, I hope you enjoy it :-)
SkyLigth
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch

Re: [RELEASE] Technical Forms

Post by SkyLigth »

cant seems to start the tease

Spoiler: show
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Xml.XmlException: The 'Include' start tag on line 39 position 6 does not match the end tag of 'Pages'. Line 41, position 5.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)
at TeaseMe.Common.TeaseLibrary.LoadTease(String scriptFileName)
at TeaseMe.OpenForm.TeaseListView_MouseDoubleClick(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseDoubleClick(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.7.2046.0 built by: NET47REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
TeaseMe
Assembly Version: 0.1.5.0
Win32 Version: 0.1.5.0
CodeBase: file:///I:/1/TeaseMe/TeaseMe/TeaseMe.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.7.2094.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.7.2093.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 14.7.2046.0 built by: NET47REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.7.2093.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
TeaseMe.Common
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///I:/1/TeaseMe/TeaseMe/TeaseMe.Common.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
AxInterop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///I:/1/TeaseMe/TeaseMe/AxInterop.WMPLib.DLL
Interop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///I:/1/TeaseMe/TeaseMe/Interop.WMPLib.DLL
System.Design
Win32 Version: 4.7.2094.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Design/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Design.dll
Microsoft.mshtml
Assembly Version: 7.0.3300.0
Win32 Version: 7.0.3300.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.mshtml/7.0.3300.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.mshtml.dll
TeaseMe.MilovanaDownload
CodeBase: file:///I:/1/TeaseMe/TeaseMe/TeaseMe.MilovanaDownload.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

figroll
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by figroll »

Hmmm. I think this is a Guide Me version mismatch, probably because I am using some random old version of Guide Me from when I started writing this months ago.

The version I have that does work is 0.1.5 which you can find here : viewtopic.php?f=26&t=12944&start=645#p209626

Unfortunately I am about to go to bed and don't have time to get it working for current Guide Me right now.

Thanks for your interest and apologies for the problems. Hope the version above works for you :-)
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

File is too big for me to download on this internet but a guideme-exclusive tease has me intrigued. I'll download it once you take a look if it's possible to update to to current guideme else get the old one in a few weeks.

Also once you have it working for current guideme might be worth making a webtease which just links to this forum thread :)
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by philo »

version 0.1.5 of guideme
https://mega.nz/#!NB4TWRzS!243tfn6qJtZC ... FgF8gfrGh8

The latest version doesn't work with the scripting engine due to changes to get debugging working in javascipt.
I don't know the engine code well enough to fix it.
Playfulguy will probably get round to looking at it at some point
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Trusfrated »

Hey, I just wanted to say that this was really well done! Don't let the name fool you, guys. :-P

I'm usually not a big fan of teases all about "stroking a certain number of times" but this used a really intelligent and well thought-out story to convince me to go along with it. It also makes great use of multimedia!

This is one of just a handful of teases that uses PlayfulGuy's GuideMe Scripting Engine. It's self contained, but does require an older version of GuideMe (discussed above). Because it uses the Scripting Engine, using GuideMe's debug option to change pages doesn't work as it usually does. If there were ever an update, it would be nice if the tease had shortcuts to the different chapters for people who had already been through it once. And while I appreciate the extensive history lesson that it begins with, I can imagine some might prefer the option to skip most of it and get to the "action" sooner. :-)

Just a great job. Many thanks to figroll. I hope more people take the time to check it out.
ImageImage
figroll
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by figroll »

Trusfrated,

Thank you very much for checking out my tease. I appreciate the version mismatch issue (my own fault for taking so long to publish the Scripting engine no longer worked) is a bit unfortunate and also the slightly pointlessly large download (it's one video that could probably be compressed) made it all a tough ask so I am very pleased someone went the extra mile and tried something from some random weirdo on the internet :-)

I was also unsure if anyone would "get" this or it just wouldn't work for anyone other than, well, me!

On the buttons -- it should remember your progress and add buttons on repeat visits so that's either a bug or another problem with the version mismatch. However, if you edit the file technicalforms/TechnicalForms.scr and add this line immediately after "Start:"

Code: Select all

gosub AddAllButtons 
It should display buttons for all the various sections.

Once again many thanks for taking the time and for the kind words.
FigRoll.
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Trusfrated »

You are correct. The shortcut buttons do show up after the first run! Nice touch! :smile:
ImageImage
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

Just completed this (I think) great tease. Does the source material have any basis in Japan or all fiction - I think I know but if it had any basis in fact I wanna know.

Sadly it crashed as I went to do my homework, so I found the video in the files and ended it that way, was there any more?
d3vi0n
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by d3vi0n »

I'm always happy to see more stuff for GuideMe, even if its for some old version of GuideMe :wave:
figroll wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 3:00 pmI have no real idea if the pacing works or if it will work for anyone else
personally i find it difficult to enjoy my own teases, because i wrote them and know exactly how the mechanics work and what "surprises" will come or what story and dialogue lies ahead. Because of that i often only see all the little flaws and what i've could done better. It can be a bit frustrating and it ruins always the "pacing". thats why feedback from other players is so important. :whistle: and that is why my teases have as much randomization and "game" elements as possible so that even i don't know how exactly how the tease will go.
figroll wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 3:00 pmI thought I would upload it rather than continue polishing it for ages and never actually uploading it.
i know that feeling all to well ;-) there is always something to improve, add or polish. Some of my projects got too big to ever get finished. So great, that you now uploaded your work! :w00t: I'm looking forward to try it out. :-)

I will also add it to the content post for GuideMe as soon as possible

EDIT: And done...

Try GuideMe to play Milovana Teases offline or create your own offline teases with highres images and videos...
Look at Hearts Club or Pilgrim Quest or My Succubus if you wanna see whats possible with GuideMe...
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Downloading this now.

Looking forward to seeing what someone else has done with my script engine. Which I keep meaning to post an update on. Maybe I'll do that now.

Thanks for sharing it figroll!

PG
e-stim_junkie
Explorer
Explorer

Post by e-stim_junkie »

Just digging into the xml to find how to drop out the gay images. Just not what I'm into. Rest of the tease looks good so far.

Where in the scripts does it call out what images/pages to load?
pepez
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by pepez »

Where i post do transfer my teases? Where i put that Script folder?
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Post by PlayfulGuy »

e-stim_junkie wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:48 am Just digging into the xml to find how to drop out the gay images. Just not what I'm into. Rest of the tease looks good so far.

Where in the scripts does it call out what images/pages to load?
The references to the images will be in the *.scr files in the Scripts subfolder. Just search for .jpg and you will find the image references. You'll need to identify which script is showing you the undesirable images, and change the references accordingly. I don't recall seeing an gay images, unless you mean the lesbian ones, in which case Lesson2.scr references those, and maybe others.

PG
figroll
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by figroll »

Thanks to all of you for taking an interest in my tease and I am glad you enjoyed it. And big thanks to d3viOn for the banner :-)

The only gay images are japanese paintings in the intro. All the tease content is solo softcore with some lesbian.
Shattered wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:56 pm Just completed this (I think) great tease. Does the source material have any basis in Japan or all fiction - I think I know but if it had any basis in fact I wanna know.

Sadly it crashed as I went to do my homework, so I found the video in the files and ended it that way, was there any more?
Yes the homework is the end of day 1. Although the chances of day 2 are about zero due to time constraints. It has no basis in reality and was all just the random ramblings of my weird brain :-) Although I think it sounds like the sort of weird kink that might have happened in Japan.