[RELEASE] Technical Forms

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
amythx
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Awesome theme!

Post by amythx »

Happened to stumble upon this one and it was great that you uploaded!

Review after first playthrough:

The main theme was very well thought out and used in the mechanics.
I prefer the metronome so those dogs and snakes were a great way of alternating beats AND fit the theme perfectly.
The difficulty was exceptionally well balanced for me. I was beautifully denied in the end just on the brink of O. GG
Spoiler: show
The German parts broke the theme and weren't something I enjoyed much. The end video was nice though.
Other theme breaker was the Cock Hero video although from teasing perspective that was very nice. I wonder if there is some Asian CH which could be used to replace the less thematic CH?
If anyone ever continues with this project I would prefer it to stick just with the Japanese theme. I think there is plenty of stuff to pull out from that alone [punified].

If Figroll just has the time: could you make a couple of those animal metronomes or at least point us to the right software/settings to produce more of the same?

Thanks for an amazing experience!

Amy

PS. For PlayfulGuy: Could the script engine be optimized a bit? At the moment there is a noticeable delay between loads. I noticed the GuideMe's Javascript logs (jscript.log etc.) get filled with ALL the code for some reason. Could that affect the performance? Loved how well you have commented your code btw. Cheers!
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Re: Awesome theme!

Post by PlayfulGuy »

amythx wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:31 am PS. For PlayfulGuy: Could the script engine be optimized a bit? At the moment there is a noticeable delay between loads. I noticed the GuideMe's Javascript logs (jscript.log etc.) get filled with ALL the code for some reason. Could that affect the performance? Loved how well you have commented your code btw. Cheers!
I have a new release that will be ready soon, but much of the delay is due to Guidme rather than the script engine itself. Guideme version 1.5 is much better in terms of logging. Are you using an older version? And the latest Guideme versions (3.3/3.4) are even better but still have some issues, like saving the state of a tease when a script is in progress, and still have performance issues.

PG
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [RELEASE] Technical Forms

Post by PlayfulGuy »

I finally got around to trying this tease last weekend. OMG! Took me down a very deep rabbit hole! I've spent way too many hours practicing those forms and have come to the conclusion I would totally fail as a Masu. Thanks figroll for the fantastic tease. And it's even more awesome to me because it's written with my script engine! :-D

I totally agree with the earlier comments by trusfrated and amythx. The tease is extremely well done, but there are a couple little areas it could be improved. Having said, that and since I can't control myself, I started making a bunch of those improvements, and adding additional stuff to the tease. And I have a bunch of ideas to add a follow up version or two. Since figroll indicated he wouldn't likely get around to a second version, and I loved the tease so much I may as well go for it.

No telling how long it will take. There will be a lot of work and stroking, er, I mean testing, involved so it will take some time, but it will be worth it.

Cheers!

PG
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Awesome theme!

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Hi Amy,

I keep meaning to reply to your post and then forget. Please see my comments below...
amythx wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:31 am Happened to stumble upon this one and it was great that you uploaded!

Review after first playthrough:

The main theme was very well thought out and used in the mechanics.
I prefer the metronome so those dogs and snakes were a great way of alternating beats AND fit the theme perfectly.
The difficulty was exceptionally well balanced for me. I was beautifully denied in the end just on the brink of O. GG
Spoiler: show
The German parts broke the theme and weren't something I enjoyed much. The end video was nice though.
Other theme breaker was the Cock Hero video although from teasing perspective that was very nice. I wonder if there is some Asian CH which could be used to replace the less thematic CH?
If anyone ever continues with this project I would prefer it to stick just with the Japanese theme. I think there is plenty of stuff to pull out from that alone [punified].
I totally agree with your comments about the this tease generally, and about the theme breakers specifically. I had the same experience.

On the plus side I've gotten totally hooked on this theme and have started developing an enhanced version that will include further training, and ultimately, I hope, competition. If you (or anyone else) has ideas on things they'd like to see let me know.

My intent is to leave the original material largely intact, but to add on to it and make it into a more complete game. I've also considered adding a "PlayfulGuy" version that replaces the Beatrix segment with a different model and makes it more in line with the rest of the theme, and dropping the videos. The final segment could just be a long series of the three forms until you edge a few times and then cum.
amythx wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:31 am If Figroll just has the time: could you make a couple of those animal metronomes or at least point us to the right software/settings to produce more of the same?
I've already created a bunch more audio files for the different switch combinations (dog and snake, cat and snake) in the different speeds, and have plans for more. We really need a woman to create voice clips for us :-P. I'd add another animal or two.
amythx wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:31 am PS. For PlayfulGuy: Could the script engine be optimized a bit? At the moment there is a noticeable delay between loads. I noticed the GuideMe's Javascript logs (jscript.log etc.) get filled with ALL the code for some reason. Could that affect the performance? Loved how well you have commented your code btw. Cheers!
In playing with the tease I discovered that many of the worst delays were being caused by high resolution images in the image folders. Java/GuideMe really chokes when loading hi res images (anything over about 2500/2550). I resized all the big images and it made a noticeable difference. I'm also playing it with my new script engine version (which I've now released) that has a lot of logging turned off.

Regards,

PG
figroll
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by figroll »

First of all, thanks so much for taking the time to play my tease and for the feedback. Am so glad you guys have enjoyed it.

The somewhat disjointed second half was because I originally had plans for a much longer series and a professional house not governed by the ethics of traditional Masu play was going to turn up with all sorts of underhand techniques. And because I had the woman counting in German video that I really wanted to use they were going to be German mercenaries. Then when it all got not finished for months and months I sort of just bunged it all together at the end so that I would at least release something.

The edge round from Flux Dance 3 I used because it's such a great edging round and brutal (at least for me) when you are already at the end of a long tease. I love the idea of having t edge really hard and the end and then be denied.

As you can probably gather, the original idea was to sort of bring Cock Hero elements to a Milovana tease and also push the genre with the use of video. And, even if I do say so myself, I always felt I could do a much better job with the story and the writing than most teases.

The plan was to build up to about 8 base forms and then have increasingly complex patterns. Because the patterns teach you to count time properly there is no reason why with more episodes it could not get to forms like "2 dog, 2 cat, 4 snake" and so on. And, with a bit of scripting, no reason once there is a strong set of forms, why they cannot be generated randomly once the player's training is complete and the proper matches start and so increase playability.

Other thoughts I had for more forms were:

Bear "1 - - -" for a very slow beat.
Owl "1+2+- -" requires concentration and focus.
Eagle "1+2+3+4" and Lion "1+2+3+4+" for late game double time style exercises.

To generate the mp3s I just used LMMS mostly as it's free. https://lmms.io/ There are a million and one freeware/shareware sequencers that would. The spoken words were just from TTS voices (which you can get away with when using single words and better quality voices than the free ones that come with Windows).

As to making your own version, PG, then please do go for it! The end of this was obviously meant to be a set up for more to come where our hero turns out to be the greatest masu player of all time (Did anyone notice the Game of Thrones joke at the end?) and through a series of epic battles leads his house and mistress to legendary status and everlasting glory.

My plan -- I use the term loosely :) -- was something like:

Technical Forms II -- More Training.
Technical Forms III -- Ready for Competition (Competitive debut which so nearly goes disastrously wrong)
Technical Forms IV -- Rivals (Matches against famous houses including the illegal underground German mercenaries)
Technical Forms V -- Legendary Status (Our hero fulfills his potential and his house is victorious in the championship playoff final.

At the very end a very grateful Mistress will allow our hero to cum and the player would be given a choice of either accepting (boo!) or saying that to stroke is it's own reward and go back to his cell denied (hurrah!) and the mistress declares him the greatest masu player of all time.

Although if anyone does carry on with this series, I do feel quite proud of my writing so wouldn't want that altered in anyway and would prefer sequels rather than any editing of the original. But please feel free to run with the idea :-)

And whilst I dont have the time to write my own teases, I could help with story outlining the writing and I have lots of great asian softcore picture series where all of the on-theme pictures in this tease came from. Although I have a very demanding job and a long term health condition which makes it difficult to commit to much.

Thanks once again for taking the time to play my terase and I am so pleased you enjoyed it.

Figroll.

PS Seeing as at least PG is also a programmer, my other long running but never finished project is a Windows app that allows display of pictures, subtitles/captions, Text To Speech, metronome and sequencer all of which is fully scriptable with Roslyn scripting.

So basically a Tease friendly domain model and UI with scripting with the full power of C# (all asynchronous and event driven) and no XML! This is one of my example scripts to give the idea:

Code: Select all

#load "common\setup.csx"
#load "common\standard.csx"
#load "internal\fourtempos.csx"

// A random stroking session based around four metronome speeds, slow, medium, fast and super.

var _ = Require<TrainingSession>();

ApplyUserSettings();
LoadDefaultContent();

// The player must do a random number of galleries between 1 and 5
int galleriesMin = 1;
int galleriesMax = 5;

// These are the four tempos in beats per minute.
var slowTempo = 60;
var normalTempo = 90;
var fastTempo = 120;
var superTempo = 180;

// After each picture there is a 15% chance of a speed change.
// At that point there is a 25% chance of the slow speed, 
// 25% chance of the fast speed and 10% chance of the super speed.  
// This leaves a 40% chance of the normal speed (100 - 25 - 25 - 10).
var chanceOfSpeedChange = 15;
var chanceOfSlowTempo = 25;
var chanceOfFastTempo = 25;
var chanceOfSuperTempo = 10;

// The amount of time to show each picture.
var minSecondsPerPicture = 5;
var maxSecondsPerPicture = 20;

// On each speed change there is rest period of between
// these numbers in seconds. The pictures will continue.
var longRestMin = 10;
var longRestMax = 30;

var stroking = false;
var tempo = normalTempo;

Run();

Code: Select all

void StartStroking()
{
    if (stroking) return;

_.Trainer.Say("Stroke.");
    _.Metronome.BPM = tempo;
    _.Metronome.Start();

stroking = true;
}

void StopStroking()
{
    if (!stroking) return;

_.Trainer.SayAsync("Stop.");
    _.Metronome.Stop();

stroking = false;
}

bool IsSpeedChange()
{
    if (_.RNG.IsPercentageChance(chanceOfSpeedChange))
    {
        var r = _.RNG.Between(1, 100);

if (r <= chanceOfSlowTempo)
        {
            tempo = slowTempo;
        }
        else if (r <= chanceOfSlowTempo + chanceOfFastTempo)
        {
            tempo = fastTempo;
        }
        else if (r <= chanceOfSlowTempo + chanceOfFastTempo + chanceOfSuperTempo)
        {
            tempo = superTempo;
        }
        else
        {
            tempo = normalTempo;
        }

return true;
    }

return false;
}

void Run()
{
    int galleryCount = _.RNG.Between(galleriesMin, galleriesMax);
    var shuffledGalleries = _.Content.Galleries.Shuffle().Take(galleryCount);

_.Viewer.PictureChanged += (o, e) =>
    {
        // Every time the picture changes in the slideshow check to see if there is a speed
        // change.  If there is player gets a random rest.
        if (stroking && IsSpeedChange())
        {
            StopStroking();

// Rest timer is async so the slideshow continues.
            _.Timer.RunAsync(_.RNG.Between(longRestMin, longRestMax));
        }
    };

_.Timer.TimerEnded += (o, e) =>
    {
        // Rest ended so start stroking again.
        if (!stroking)
        { 
            StartStroking();
        }
    };

tempo = normalTempo;
    StartStroking();

foreach (var gallery in shuffledGalleries)
    {
        _.Viewer.PlaySlideshow(gallery, () => _.RNG.Between(minSecondsPerPicture, maxSecondsPerPicture));
    }

_.Trainer.Say("Training complete.");
}
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Hi figroll! Glad to see you're still around.

Thanks for the reply and all the info. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on new forms and where you were headed overall. I'll keep it all in mind as I continue playing with this. I've got a few more comments and questions below....
figroll wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:08 pm Other thoughts I had for more forms were:
Bear "1 - - -" for a very slow beat.
Owl "1+2+- -" requires concentration and focus.
Eagle "1+2+3+4" and Lion "1+2+3+4+" for late game double time style exercises.
Excellent!!
figroll wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:08 pm To generate the mp3s I just used LMMS mostly as it's free. https://lmms.io/ There are a million and one freeware/shareware sequencers that would. The spoken words were just from TTS voices (which you can get away with when using single words and better quality voices than the free ones that come with Windows).
I'll check out LMMS. If you have any input on specific settings you used that would be helpful.
As for the TTS stuff, I don't use any myself and know almost nothing about them. Is there a specific one you used for that voice? It would be good to keep it consistent.
figroll wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:08 pm
As to making your own version, PG, then please do go for it! The end of this was obviously meant to be a set up for more to come where our hero turns out to be the greatest masu player of all time (Did anyone notice the Game of Thrones joke at the end?) and through a series of epic battles leads his house and mistress to legendary status and everlasting glory.

My plan -- I use the term loosely :) -- was something like:

Technical Forms II -- More Training.
Technical Forms III -- Ready for Competition (Competitive debut which so nearly goes disastrously wrong)
Technical Forms IV -- Rivals (Matches against famous houses including the illegal underground German mercenaries)
Technical Forms V -- Legendary Status (Our hero fulfills his potential and his house is victorious in the championship playoff final.

At the very end a very grateful Mistress will allow our hero to cum and the player would be given a choice of either accepting (boo!) or saying that to stroke is it's own reward and go back to his cell denied (hurrah!) and the mistress declares him the greatest masu player of all time.
Fantastic! The extended version I've started and my thinking is almost exactly in line with your outline, although I would personally forgo the German element.
figroll wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:08 pm
Although if anyone does carry on with this series, I do feel quite proud of my writing so wouldn't want that altered in anyway and would prefer sequels rather than any editing of the original. But please feel free to run with the idea :-)
I'll respect that and leave the first portion as untouched as possible.
figroll wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:08 pm And whilst I dont have the time to write my own teases, I could help with story outlining the writing and I have lots of great asian softcore picture series where all of the on-theme pictures in this tease came from. Although I have a very demanding job and a long term health condition which makes it difficult to commit to much.
If you have some picture sets you could upload and PM me a link to, or point to where I can obtain them that would be very helpful. I've found a bunch of larger sets for models you used, but am looking for more of Mistress Anri. It's easy to find ones that suit Shizu, but I'm having trouble finding ones that fit Anri.

I'm also looking for more sets to use for other Maidens. I've found a couple but could use a few more.

Thanks again for the great tease, for permission to expand on it, and for the all the info!

Regards,

PG
ranked3
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ranked3 »

the xml file for me is empty when i download?
freeforit
Explorer
Explorer

Post by freeforit »

This looks really good, but I can't start it. The xml file only contains this text:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<Tease scriptVersion="v0.1">
<Title>Technical Forms</Title>
<Url></Url>
<Author>
<Name>Figroll</Name>
<Url>http://www.milovana.com/forum/memberlis ... 40511</Url>
</Author>
<MediaDirectory>TechnicalForms</MediaDirectory>
<Settings>
<AutoSetPageWhenSeen>False</AutoSetPageWhenSeen>
<PageSound>false</PageSound>
<ForceStartPage>true</ForceStartPage>
</Settings>

<Include file="Common/ScriptEngine.js" />

<Pages>

<Page id="start">
<javascript>
<![CDATA[
function pageLoad() {

// Load the script file
loadScript("TechnicalForms.scr");
}

]]>
</javascript>
<Text>
Something went wrong. Check the GuideMe jscript.log
</Text>
<Image id="SetInCode" />
<Delay target="runScript" seconds="0" />
</Page>

<Include file="Common/ScriptEngine.xml">

</Pages>
</Tease>
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Trusfrated »

freeforit wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:01 pm This looks really good, but I can't start it.
This tease uses an early version of PlayfulGuy's GuideMe Scripting Engine that is only compatible with early versions of GuideMe. The XML file looks really bare because it calls the Scripting Engine which then takes over control of the tease. (It's a great tool for writing offline teases without worrying about technical coding, and the current version is of course compatible with the current version of GuideMe.)

See the 5th post in this thread for a link from Philo to download 1.5. It won't work at all with the current 3.x versions but works just fine with 1.5 or 1.6. Just put 1.5 in a different folder and it can co-exist just fine with your 3.x version. This was a good tease and worth a little extra work to get it going, in my opinion. :wave:
ImageImage
freeforit
Explorer
Explorer

Post by freeforit »

Trusfrated wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:15 am
freeforit wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:01 pm This looks really good, but I can't start it.
This tease uses an early version of PlayfulGuy's GuideMe Scripting Engine that is only compatible with early versions of GuideMe. The XML file looks really bare because it calls the Scripting Engine which then takes over control of the tease. (It's a great tool for writing offline teases without worrying about technical coding, and the current version is of course compatible with the current version of GuideMe.)

See the 5th post in this thread for a link from Philo to download 1.5. It won't work at all with the current 3.x versions but works just fine with 1.5 or 1.6. Just put 1.5 in a different folder and it can co-exist just fine with your 3.x version. This was a good tease and worth a little extra work to get it going, in my opinion. :wave:
Oh, thanks! :D That definitely makes sense.
hashcloud
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by hashcloud »

Links down :weep:
Can someone reupload it?

i think a lot of people would be very happy :whistle:
richman2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by richman2 »

hashcloud wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:34 pm Links down :weep:
Can someone reupload it?

Me for instance :)
Anyone?
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Trusfrated »

richman2 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:32 pm
Can someone reupload it?

Anyone?
Here you go, guys! :wave:

https://mega.nz/file/kUgCxDxb#kZ4bzMpeJ ... nCkyJRpAIs

Keep in mind, this only works with older versions of GuideMe (as mentioned earlier in this thread).
ImageImage
richman2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by richman2 »

Trusfrated wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:46 am

Keep in mind, this only works with older versions of GuideMe (as mentioned earlier in this thread).

Thanks a lot!
hashcloud
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by hashcloud »

Trusfrated wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:46 am
richman2 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:32 pm
Can someone reupload it?

Anyone?

:thumbsup: