First Tease Published Looking For Advice

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
iSpank
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

First Tease Published Looking For Advice

Post by iSpank »

Hi! I Published my first tease last night but the ratings are quite low, although very slowly coming up. I'm looking for advice specific to why it is being rated low and how I might improve future teases.

iSpank's Nipple Tease - https://milovana.com/webteases/showflash.php?id=34812

Also, another question. Once a tease is published, do I need to unpublish to make changes or can I dynamically make changes on the fly (doesn't seems like a good idea)?

On the Tech Support thread, Mr-Max and Lestat think there may be a bug with the ratings system.
joecarlton
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Re: First Tease Published Looking For Advice

Post by joecarlton »

I didn't think that it was bad. I really liked the beginning. But i stopped in the middle. You should really tell people what is required in terms of equipment, in advance. Also, some of the pics aren't exactly good quality. Most are ok though. All in all, as far as i have seen, you deserve at least 3.5 stars. Good luck, and don't get discouraged. Keep making stuff happen!
Lestat
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Lestat »

iSpank wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:25 pm On the Tech Support thread, Mr-Max and Lestat think there may be a bug with the ratings system.
EDIT: Forget what I said there =>
Spoiler: show
OK good to know, thanks for reporting it to us (I was just looking for your other thrad ^^)
Looks like I had brain problems today, I don't understood what i read :lol: Sorry
Last edited by Lestat on Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gentleman by day :oldtimer: Philosopher by night :hmmm: Pervert by choice :shutup2: Rebel by fate :punk:
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Trusfrated »

While NYX frustratingly reduces the size and resolution of images, I think it's a important to start with high resolution images, and let the system resize them. It looked to me like several of your images were highly pixelated, making me think they were either enlarged from a smaller image or simply low resolution to begin with.

Despite that, I agree that it was a good first tease that deserved a rating higher than 3.0. (I voted it 5 to help out with the viewing issue.)

It looked like you were using SET and UNSET and random pages and images, so that is a lot to bite off for your first tease! :-O Great work, I can only look forward to where you go from here. :wave:
ImageImage
xman911
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by xman911 »

iSpank wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:25 pm On the Tech Support thread, Mr-Max and Lestat think there may be a bug with the ratings system.
It is possible.

Maybe some people come directly from Google, try the tease don't like it (because it's not their fetish for example) and then rate it low.

I rated it 5 because I think it's well made and should have higher rating.

I generally don't play that type of teases, so I can't speak much about the quality of content. But nevertheless I think some of the timers are too long to just watch at some low quality picture (it looks like a low quality picture compressed to an even lower quality).
iSpank
Explorer
Explorer

Post by iSpank »

Thanks man. I have a PM from a guy named "Abuse my nipples please" who loved it and is asking me to create more. Thanks again for the good rating, I worked hard developing and testing it. More to come.
iSpank
Explorer
Explorer

Post by iSpank »

Thanks to all who replied. Seems like the overwhelming advice is to get better images. I focused on the tease and understanding the code early on. I'll work on better images on my next tease. This is a great community. Let's keep it going!
iSpank
Explorer
Explorer

Post by iSpank »

Joe,

Good advice regarding images and starting the page with a "things you need" intro. I'll incorporate into future teases.