Yet Another Milovana Tease Viewer (HTML5)

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
astaria715
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Yet Another Milovana Tease Viewer (HTML5)

Post by astaria715 »

Hey guys, long time no see :lol:
I've got some spare time during the holidays and wanted to try some new technology. So I decided to give birth to another HTML5 Flash tease viewer. I used to use the one from tommyberlin86 or the other offline players. However I was sometimes crying when some feature wouldn't work as expected by the author :\'-(

Back to my experiment. It is not based on the common parsers out there but on the original one written in Flash. YAMiloTV should imitate all the quirks of the Flash player as close as possible. All scripts are run as JavaScript in the browser. This should work for almost any modern web browser out there. I tested it successfully on Edge, Chrome and iPad Safari.

You can import scripts into your Tease List. The references are stored locally on your computer and scripts are run directly from Milovana.com. So you always get the current version of any script.

One note to iOS users: If you want to have audio, you have to add this web app to the Home Screen. This is due to some decision Apple made to only allow audio playback after user interaction :huh:

Try it here:
https://yamilotv.herokuapp.com/

This is considered BETA and I'm really not sure how much time I got to develop it any further. So I decided to publish the complete source code on GitHub.

https://github.com/ds715255/YAMiloTV

P.S. I'm no web designer! :lol:
lestrian
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Yet Another Milovana Tease Viewer (HTML5)

Post by lestrian »

wow, looks great!

could you make an option for a different stylesheet for the sidebar? the white text on a pink button on a lighter pink background is simply too hard for me to read and for that reason i never use the regular flash viewer. it would be great if it could look like in teaseme, with just black text on a regular gray button on a black background.
astaria715
Explorer
Explorer

Post by astaria715 »

This should be possible. I never got to a really satisfying layout for myself - so I stuck with the known :-)
astaria715
Explorer
Explorer

Post by astaria715 »

I added a plain skin - no styling of buttons whatsoever. Clock has to stay pink for now :lol: You can select it at the bottom under settings.
astaria715
Explorer
Explorer

Post by astaria715 »

I still have some time at hand so I improved it a bit on things I missed personally:
  1. It saves progress and you can continue from where you left
  2. Some minor bugfixes regarding display of buttons and "jumpy" behavior on my iPad
Sound is still not good on iOS because there's always a 3ish seconds delay before it starts playing. Not really anything I can do about that.
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Dom (Male)

Post by 0385 »

How about a full screen button for us on phones?
rob204
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by rob204 »

digital_punk wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:37 pm the other html5 viewer also fails to load it, so I'm guessing it's some ill formed XML in the tease that is causing problems. Seems nyx is a little more lenient.
I guess with "other html5 viewer" you mean milovana-html5.appspot.com. It's a bit difficult to see why it fails there since it preprocesses the nyx script.

But with YAMiloTV you can easily see why the tease doesn't work. It's not about ill formed XML. Usually teases don't even contain any XML and even then it *should* not be a problem.

The app is pretty much an exact copy of the flash version so there's not much that can go wrong. But there are some additions that haven't been thoroughly tested in this BETA. In particular the app manages your teases and continuously saves your current state while playing. This is actually done pretty well but there are times when it fails.

The current state gets saved after every action. But the tease you mentioned contains actions that are executed before the tease actually starts. So the app tries to save the current state before the tease even started. That doesn't seem to be envisaged.

At that point Pcm2Compat._currentState is still empty and the serialization fails.
FATALES
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by FATALES »

Best job , this is finally working for me .
:-)