Easy but difficult

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
Ajax
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: Easy but difficult

Post by Ajax »

PlayfulGuy wrote:
Here's a link to the complete tease for Teaseme/Guideme

PG
Thank you, I use Guideme too, never even though of looking to see if it was available for it. Thanks, -A
dragoul
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by dragoul »

I really liked ebd 8 and 9. Creative innovative ideas. I especially liked game 4. It also had quite good counter lengths during the counting parts. They could have been a little bit shorter, but they were already quite challenging. Thanks for a captivating and challenging series!

I'm really loving the series. I hope I'll be able to finish writing a xmas tease.
dragoul
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by dragoul »

Just a quick note to everyone compiling the lists for the tease of the month: If you haven't done it yet, please keep in mind that each author may only appear once per list (once in the classic list and once in the flash teases list). Only the highest rated tease per author should be included per list.

If you've already sent the lists though, it's fine. In that case I'll correct them myself.
Sexless Dummy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Sexless Dummy »

For quite some time i noticed, that teases that are code protected for a periode of time get a really low rating and to be honest, it annoys me. In the case of the latest tease of the EBD Series you even have it written in the description that everything will be accessible for everyone when its done. I think most of the downvotes came from the fact that it is not puplished for now.
Everytime i see this happening i fear the autors will be discouraged to continue and leave this place. I cant imagine that`s anybodies intention. Of course the rating is an indicator for the quality of the tease and most of the time you can trust the rating, but decisions like this shouldnt go into the rating in my opinion. Well i figure me ranting about it will change nothing, i just want to encourage you to continue your amazing work. I will wait patiently and give my rating when there is something to rate. :yes:
odawg
Explorer
Explorer

Post by odawg »

dragoul wrote:I really liked ebd 8 and 9. Creative innovative ideas. I especially liked game 4. It also had quite good counter lengths during the counting parts. They could have been a little bit shorter, but they were already quite challenging. Thanks for a captivating and challenging series!

I'm really loving the series. I hope I'll be able to finish writing a xmas tease.
Thanks Dragoul.

Thought and effort is put into ideas, and then the hard part is deciding how to put the ideas into reality, so that it can work as a practical tease, and one that is manageable for me to create as my knowledge on Flashtease is quite basic, but I have learnt a few tricks on how to manually create a random page outcome, and password pages etc.

It would be awesome to learn how to put metronome sound into my teases... I may asked before in one of the forums a while back - but that's one thing I still can't do, which I would find helpful.... but telling players to play a metronome in the background also works and then just telling them how fast to stroke, and in the EBD series, I have been doing that in the stroke counting games, but being able to input sound would be helpful
odawg
Explorer
Explorer

Post by odawg »

Sexless Dummy wrote:For quite some time i noticed, that teases that are code protected for a periode of time get a really low rating and to be honest, it annoys me. In the case of the latest tease of the EBD Series you even have it written in the description that everything will be accessible for everyone when its done. I think most of the downvotes came from the fact that it is not puplished for now.
Everytime i see this happening i fear the autors will be discouraged to continue and leave this place. I cant imagine that`s anybodies intention. Of course the rating is an indicator for the quality of the tease and most of the time you can trust the rating, but decisions like this shouldnt go into the rating in my opinion. Well i figure me ranting about it will change nothing, i just want to encourage you to continue your amazing work. I will wait patiently and give my rating when there is something to rate. :yes:
Hi. Yes you are correct. I once posted a tease which takes half an hour to complete, and was password protected. 10 minutes after posting, 3 people had already voted the tease with a 1. And currently my challenge 4 Game 3 and Game 4 more people have voted on my tease, than the actual number of participants left in the competition. Currently there are 22 people left in the competition, only up to 13 people will currently have the password for Challenge 4, Game 4, but of these 13, some will still be working through Game 2 and Game 3, yet there are 26 people who have voted on that tease, meaning that at least 13 (at least half) have voted who have not actualy played the tease - and that's assuming the 13 current players have all played the tease and voted.... so probably well over half are not proper voters.....

I understand that people may get frustrated having to wait. It would be nice if these downvoters realized that time and effort is put into creating these teases. If any of you downvoters is reading this right now, the following are my reasons for putting a password on my teases:

1) Right now, the teases are written for all players currently playing in the competition. If I allowed everyone to view them, there would be parts that don't make sense, and then I would get people posting questions in these forums saying they don't understand. Once the competition is over, I will transform the teases so that they can either be completed as stand alone games, or still in the competition format, for people who wish to complete the series as if they are an actual competitor.

2) If they were available for all to view, there would be at least 1 idiot, that would post the answers to the challenges in the forums (either intentionally or accidentally) - but regardless - either way - there would be at least 1 person. This has been the case in dragouls recent tease where someone has come into the forumn and posted the completed code, and it has also happened to many other authors in previous competitions. This would mean that it is unfair for current competitiors and would not force them to complete challenges if they knew they could just wait until it gets posted in the forum. Also as an author, I would constantly have to keep checking the forum to make sure people are not doing this, and also means I don't have to make changes to the teases. Obviously I cant stop current players from doing this, but there would be no incentive for them to help their fellow competitors. Also remember that I am offering the 6 winners a personalized webtease - so this is quite a competitive competition and a dispute could arise if help or cheat codes were to be posted on these forums.........

3) It is an incentive to the current players in the competition to keep playing, knowing that if challenges are not completed, they will be knocked out and denied to continue with the games until I make it available to the public.

I have every intention on making the tease available to everyone after the competition has finished, and after I have done a few small edits to change it from a competition format to a stand alone format.

Thank you sexless dummy, and everyone else who is waiting until the teases are all made public, before you vote.
dragoul
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by dragoul »

odawg wrote:It would be awesome to learn how to put metronome sound into my teases
I created a short tutorial: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19422
Might be helpful to other authors as well.
dragoul
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by dragoul »

Will EBD11-Challenge 5 be a public tease, or is it already shared privately with the participants who sent in the answers to the previous challenges?
odawg
Explorer
Explorer

Post by odawg »

dragoul wrote:Will EBD11-Challenge 5 be a public tease, or is it already shared privately with the participants who sent in the answers to the previous challenges?
It's already been shared privately for those who have completed challenge 4
dragoul
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by dragoul »

Oh shoot, I thought I could take my time. So I guess, I'd better hurry up now...
dragoul
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by dragoul »

Are challenge 6 game 3 and 4 already privately shared with some users?
dragoul
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by dragoul »

I mean, there are not many days left anymore...
odawg
Explorer
Explorer

Post by odawg »

dragoul wrote:I mean, there are not many days left anymore...
Hi. I'm still working on the flasteases for game 3 and game 4 and will have it posted by this weekend/ early next week. I will have to extend the competition to give everyone enough time to complete game 6 due to the delay - I will send everyone an email now, sorry for the delay.

Btw I have seen ur flashtease and I look forward to playing it. Also next week, I will send u the tease of the month answer submissions :)
mr-max
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by mr-max »

Any News?
rickdared
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by rickdared »

Was getting anxious too.
Good to read here that it's not just me. And Odawg did not forget about us.

Once again, you are doing a fantastic job, and I never put so much effort in a tease on this site before.
So props for you!