FB: Pledge to the Coven

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
desertfox
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Re: FB: Pledge to the Coven

Post by desertfox »

Thought I would jump on and add that I really, really liked this one too and look forward to a part 2 as well.
rockar15
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by rockar15 »

Would love to see part two and much more. Great tease! Not to rush you, but do you know when you anticipate releasing the next one?
rinsmer
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by rinsmer »

Yeah, part 2 is something I've been anticipating for literally three years now...

lmind hasn't logged in since December though, so I'm somewhat worried that all that waiting may have been in vain. :-(
lmind
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lmind »

Still here!

I hate keeping everybody hanging like this. The unfinished Part 2 already has hundreds of pages and pics, and has been so close to finished for so long now. And it's not even the conclusion to the full story!

But life is life, and I don't have much time.

I feel like shouting from the rooftops that I found a new, amazing, kinky partner, and she has been the outlet for my "fantasy side" (and I, for hers) for about a year now. Conversely, she has inspired new threads in my imagination, slowly taking months to coalesce into patterns I might bring to my writing, someday. Creatively, I am in a place of both transition and inspiration -- with that 80% finished project (Pledge 2) out there, waiting for me, in limbo, in the meantime.

I really like Part 2 so far. I just need to finish it. But when I try to work on it, I feel unable to write at the high level of quality to which I hold myself, which I feel Pledge deserves, and which I know is inside me somewhere. Amorphous. Unformed. Like dust swirling in space, before it becomes a star. It feels like injustice to settle for something less than exactly what I want it to be, even though I don't know what I want it to be -- only that I'll know it when I see it. I guess that's the cliche struggle of an Artist. And I do see this as erotic art. But those are my honest feelings and thoughts right now.

They say "Perfect is the enemy of good" -- in my case, it's the enemy of "finished." But this isn't my job; this is my hobby. I don't get paid for this; if I was getting paid, I would have "shipped" a not-quite-perfect, but good-enough "product" years ago (and another, and another...). We'd be on Pledge 12 by now. That's probably no consolation at all to you.

But I'm here. Pledge 2 is still in progress, not abandoned. My life is busier and happier than it has ever been, and I have not forgotten about you all.

-lmind
xman911
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by xman911 »

lmind wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:19 pm
I really like Part 2 so far. I just need to finish it. But when I try to work on it, I feel unable to write at the high level of quality to which I hold myself, which I feel Pledge deserves, and which I know is inside me somewhere. Amorphous. Unformed. Like dust swirling in space, before it becomes a star. It feels like injustice to settle for something less than exactly what I want it to be, even though I don't know what I want it to be -- only that I'll know it when I see it. I guess that's the cliche struggle of an Artist. And I do see this as erotic art. But those are my honest feelings and thoughts right now.

They say "Perfect is the enemy of good" -- in my case, it's the enemy of "finished." But this isn't my job; this is my hobby. I don't get paid for this; if I was getting paid, I would have "shipped" a not-quite-perfect, but good-enough "product" years ago (and another, and another...). We'd be on Pledge 12 by now. That's probably no consolation at all to you.

What you say can be compared very much to what is happening with my teases. I don't even announce them because of fear I would never complete them. I'm working probably with close to 10 teases for years and nothing ever gets completed, even the 2 teases I ever completed are more like short prototypes. That is too much perfectionism I suppose.

Your first "Pledge to the Coven" tease is really great. I hope you can finish the second part some day.
dousque
Explorer
Explorer

Post by dousque »

I just played the Pledge and while my dick (and soul) are aching for the second part, I really hope that you are still so busy with exploring kinky stuff with your partner. Thanks for the tease!
malibu900
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): Don't have one but wouldn't mind an online domme if anyone is interested...

Post by malibu900 »

It's coming up on 6 months since your last post here. I just wanted to check and see if we could get an update. :wave: We all love your tease so much, we just can't wait for the next! :-)
That's what she said
kontraband
Explorer
Explorer

Post by kontraband »

I guess you never got around to finishing part two @Imind. Such a shame, I still consider Pledge to the Coven to be the best tease on here!
lor205y
Explorer
Explorer

Post by lor205y »

Adding another vote for that here! It's among my top all time favs. Would love to see another chapter!
lmind
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lmind »

Wow, thank you lor, kontraband, and everybody. That is all incredible praise. Pledge to the Coven, Part 2 has been sitting for years, a permanently unfinished work. At this point, odds are 99% that it will never be finished, which is a shame because the sections that are done are pretty cool and took a lot of work.

My erotic fiction is in the same state. I wrote a highly-rated first short story that now has over 1.3M reads on Literotica, with intention to continue it and write more. I get messages almost every day asking for a part 2. Then I wrote half of a follow-up work (that dwarfed the first one in size), but I never finished it. 40,000 words so far (that's half a novel), just sitting unpublished.

My first short story, Three on One: https://www.literotica.com/s/three-on-one
The unpublished, unfinished (draft) successor, Three on One - Spring Break: viewtopic.php?p=203654#p203654

I sometimes toy with the idea of turning this hobby into a paying side-job, publishing erotic fiction on a regular basis and fostering a community of readers via teases and other sexy side-content -- not because I'm greedy, but because I need the accountability if I'm ever going to finish anything. I'm not good at self-motivating, even to do things I enjoy; but if other people push me, demand my work, and pay for it, I'm a prolific and happy writer/creator (that's my "day job"). Years ago, I started a community on Tumblr which took off beyond my wildest dreams, but then the tumbpocalypse nuked it all and frankly demoralized me from doing it all over again on another platform.

-lmind
lor205y
Explorer
Explorer

Post by lor205y »

Totally understandable! I am absolutely going to check out your writing btw :)

Do you think it would make sense to do a kind of beta test of the finished sections from Part 2? Worst case, we get a little taste. And best case maybe the renewed discussion and interest kickstarts the creative juices again ;)
kontraband
Explorer
Explorer

Post by kontraband »

I’d second what lor just said! Would love to see where the story would have gone even if unfinished. Will check out those stories ;)
lmind
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lmind »

Part 2 was a Flash tease (years old) written using Nyx. Nyx no longer works for me because Flash is no longer supported. Part 2 is unpublished, but I assume it is still stored somewhere here on Milovana, since published Flash teases are still playable. I have the unfinished code for Part 2 saved locally as a .txt file, so even if it's not saved on Milovana, I have it backed up.

So the question becomes...

What's the best way to publish it? -- Given that I currently cannot access it with Nyx, because of Flash.

I think if I knew the tease id, I could download it with the GuideMe Tease Downloader with EOS Support and then publish it as a GuideMe tease. Can the GuideMe Tease Downloader download unpublished Flash teases, by tease id? If so, then I might need help from a moderator or admin to look up the tease id.

Alternatively, I think the code I have saved as a .txt file could be converted into an .xml file so that GuideMe can run it, and/or it could potentially be imported into EOS and published as an EOS tease. Here is a small snippet of the code, so you can see how it is formatted:

Code: Select all

start#page(
'<TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="18" COLOR="#FF99FF" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="1"><B>Pledge to the Coven - Part 2</B></FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT><TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="18" COLOR="#FF99FF" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="1"><I>Le Fay</I></FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>',
pic("lolly08.jpg"),
go(fintro0#)
);

fintro0#page(
'<TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="18" COLOR="#FFFFFF" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">This is a continuation of <FONT COLOR="#FF99FF"><B>Pledge to the Coven - </B><B><I>Masculus Claustrum</I></B></FONT>.</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT><TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="18" COLOR="#FFFFFF" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0"></FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT><TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="18" COLOR="#FFFFFF" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">For the full experience, Stacey strongly recommends that you finish that chapter (if you haven&apos;t already) before starting this one.</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>',
pic("lolly08.jpg"),
go(fintro1#)
);

fintro1#page(
'<TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="18" COLOR="#FFFFFF" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="1">Have you been given a code-phrase in this chapter, or are you starting this chapter from the beginning?</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT><TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="18" COLOR="#FFFFFF" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="1">(code-phrases allow you to leave and re-enter the house)</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>',
pic("lolly06.jpg"),
buttons(fcode1#, "Code", fintro2#, "Beginning")
);
Can that code be loaded/converted into something playable in GuideMe or EOS?

A last alternative would be to run a virtual machine, install an old version of Flash, login, and use Nyx just long enough to publish what's written so far. I would probably then immediately use the GuideMe Tease Downloader to download it to an .xml file (since the tease would be published and available now). Once I had it working in GuideMe, I would probably go back, unpublish the Flash version, and distribute the GuideMe version as the official version.

I assume I'm not the first person to face this situation here. Any thoughts on how best to do this?

-lmind
kontraband
Explorer
Explorer

Post by kontraband »

Sorry I can’t help on that, beyond my tech knowledge. Really hope someone has a solution!

Oh and that story of yours was incredible!
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fapnip »

lmind wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:19 am Part 2 was a Flash tease (years old) written using Nyx. Nyx no longer works for me because Flash is no longer supported. Part 2 is unpublished, but I assume it is still stored somewhere here on Milovana, since published Flash teases are still playable. I have the unfinished code for Part 2 saved locally as a .txt file, so even if it's not saved on Milovana, I have it backed up.

So the question becomes...

Can that code be loaded/converted into something playable in GuideMe or EOS?
My Nyx -> Eos converter can't currently take files that look like that, but if you (or anyone else with some old Nyx backups) can send the full backup, I'll see what I can do.

Edit: Neverminded. See my next post.
Last edited by fapnip on Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.