Offline Editor

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: Offline Editor

Post by philo »

Trusfrated wrote:Thank you, Philo. No rush.

I believe your intention was to just copy and paste the generated code and for it to work without modification. I'm pretty sure that I could manually fix what's not working, but what fun would that be? ;-)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4SW7o ... sp=sharing

New version which should handle the image file names, if you still have issues with the rest, if you let me have the xml I can run it through in debug mode and work out where it is going wrong.

Yes the whole idea of having the nyx generation was for it to work without any manual edits.
And to make using random pages easier (inserting hidden pages with 0 second delays and converting page names to numbers)
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Trusfrated »

That was quck!

The new version took care of most of the filename issues, but I'm still having some problems. I'll PM you so as not to bog down this thread with minutiae. Thank you for your willingness to help out.
ImageImage
massager
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by massager »

Hello all,

Trying my hand a an offline tease. I am trying to add video but the video tab has the "target" "start-at" in red. I can't play the video, and I can't seem to set the page to move onto the next page once the video is completed. The first video plays but then the others don't and I get the error "page not referenced" because I can't reference it on the video tab.

Very frustrating.

Thanks.
Massager
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Trusfrated »

massager wrote:Trying my hand a an offline tease. I am trying to add video but the video tab has the "target" "start-at" in red. I can't play the video, and I can't seem to set the page to move onto the next page once the video is completed. The first video plays but then the others don't and I get the error "page not referenced" because I can't reference it on the video tab.
Hi,

Items that are in red are not compatible with Nyx, Milovana's flash tease scripting language. In other words, those features will only work with TeaseMe (or presumably GuideMe).

There is a check box in the Tools...Options menu to force "Nyx Only", which will grey out those options. Make sure that is unchecked in order to work with videos.

The page to go to after the video is done is the Target field on the video tab.

To actually test your script with the video playing, I think you would have to do that in TeaseMe.

Hope that helps some, I'm no authority on the program but I have used it a fair amount. :-)

I'm sure Philo can help you further if you need it.
ImageImage
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

massager wrote:Hello all,

Trying my hand a an offline tease. I am trying to add video but the video tab has the "target" "start-at" in red. I can't play the video, and I can't seem to set the page to move onto the next page once the video is completed. The first video plays but then the others don't and I get the error "page not referenced" because I can't reference it on the video tab.

Very frustrating.

Thanks.
Massager
Trusfrated is correct the editor will allow you to create a teaseme tease and export it to Nyx so it can be used for both. TeaseMe can do more than nyx so some fields are red to indicate they are teaseme only.

The "testing" elements of the editor don't fully replicate what teaseme/nyx does, they are there to give an indication of what it will do, you will always need to test it in teaseme / nyx to test it properly.

One thing to be aware of is the editor is not GuideMe compatible. It loads the tease and then outputs a new version when it saves. Any nodes/attributes that are new for guideme will be lost.
So you can write a teaseme tease and then modify it manually to add the new guideme stuff, but don't load a guideme tease and save it.

There will probably be a separate guideme editor at some point, but it is not started yet. It is unlikely to have a nyx generator because there is so much that you can do in Guideme that you can't in Nyx.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Version 1.12

Post by philo »

New version fixes to the nyx generation.
Mainly on the way it changes media files names when uploaded and changes to convert ' " and & to the correct values (', " and &) in text
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Version 1.13

Post by philo »

Minor change to the nyx generator to change the media file names to what nyx does during the upload
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Trusfrated »

Would it make sense to anyone else to have a bulk/batch page copy feature?

When working on a tease with "branches," I'm finding that I may have several pages in each branch that are very similar. Perhaps the only difference is a slight dialog change or the inclusion/exclusion of sound. If I could select a range of pages (perhaps with shift or control-click) and have those duplicated with a new page prefix or suffix, that would save a lot of manual work. The new pages would have the same text, images, buttons, delays, etc but the buttons and delays and other page-specific calls would be automatically adjusted to their new corresponding pages.

I see this as similar to Nezhul's idea for Batch Create, but for pre-existing pages.
ImageImage
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

Trusfrated wrote:Would it make sense to anyone else to have a bulk/batch page copy feature?
Definitely, but it will take a while. Work is very busy at the moment and I have another private project I need to work on, so I can't see having time to work on this for a month.
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

I cannot understand how to make Delay go to random page upon expiring. As far as I understood, I need to place "page(36..38)" in the delay target row, but it doesn't work. I have pages named "Page36" "Page37" and "Page38" in my tease. So - how do I do it properly with the editor? :blush:
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

Nezhul wrote:I cannot understand how to make Delay go to random page upon expiring. As far as I understood, I need to place "page(36..38)" in the delay target row, but it doesn't work. I have pages named "Page36" "Page37" and "Page38" in my tease. So - how do I do it properly with the editor? :blush:

If you don't have a capital p for Page(36..38) that may be it, I think it is case sensitive.
Otherwise that should work, I just did it and it generated the following nyx code
Editor

Code: Select all

<Pages>    <Page id="start">      <Text>        <DIV>Start Page</DIV>      </Text>      <Image id="" />      <Delay seconds="10" target="Page(36..38)" start-with="" style="normal" />    </Page>    <Page id="Page36">      <Image id="" />      <Text>        <div>Page36</div>      </Text>    </Page>    <Page id="Page37">      <Image id="" />      <Text>        <div>Page 37</div>      </Text>    </Page>    <Page id="Page38">      <Image id="" />      <Text>        <div>Page 38</div>      </Text>    </Page>  </Pages>
Nyx

Code: Select all

start#page('<Text>    <DIV>Start Page</DIV></Text>',delay(10sec,range(9870036,9870038)));9870036#page('<Text>    <div>Page36</div></Text>');9870037#page('<Text>    <div>Page 37</div></Text>');9870038#page('<Text>    <div>Page 38</div></Text>'); 
It didn't like <Image id="" /> which may be your issue if you delete any empty image nodes it may fix it for you.
(I have changed the code, but have noticed I never added any error handling in the nyx generation so I will add that before I release a new version.)

If you are still having issues if you let me have the editor xml I will run it in debug mode to find out why it is going wrong, it looks like what you have entered is correct.
Venus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Venus »

Nezhul wrote:I cannot understand how to make Delay go to random page upon expiring. As far as I understood, I need to place "page(36..38)" in the delay target row, but it doesn't work. I have pages named "Page36" "Page37" and "Page38" in my tease. So - how do I do it properly with the editor? :blush:
Just a little guess, but maybe it's so easy as I think it is: your pages have upper case Ps but your target lower case. If the editor is case sensitive it won't work.

Edit: philo was faster :lol:
Cock Hero - Overwatch 3 is out! viewtopic.php?f=25&t=22817
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

I seem to have a similar code. Does this code work properly in offline editor preview?
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

Nezhul wrote:I seem to have a similar code. Does this code work properly in offline editor preview?
I have not looked but probably not, preview was only ever intended to give an idea of what it would look like, it was never meant to replicate the functionality of nyx or tease me.
I added in the buttons and delays going to the relevant page as a navigation feature in the editor so you could go to the page to edit it, it did not make sense to do it for random pages as it would not take you to the page you wanted to edit.

For it to be a full preview would be a lot of work and would effectively be a rewrite of tease me.
mlsx2
Explorer
Explorer

Post by mlsx2 »

First off I would like to say that I had no idea TeaseMe could download non-flash teases and then present them in TeaseMe. That is awesome. That said, I have a question about editing non-flash teases with the Offline Editor. I downloaded the new W.A.R. tease in hopes that I could edit in the metronome sounds with Offline Editor for personal use :whistle: . For some reason the metronome options are 'grayed' out. Any ideas? I'm assuming something in the xml file is prohibiting this.