Offline Editor

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Offline Editor

Post by Trusfrated »

It's probably greyed out because the "Nyx Only" checkbox in the Tools, Options menu is checked. That will eliminate the use of any TeaseMe-specific features, such as its built-in Metronome.
ImageImage
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Trusfrated »

I think I've found a bit of a bug in Nyx generation portion of the editor.

At times, I'm having difficulty with the amount of room available for text below the picture. This is especially so if I want a blank line between paragraphs.

If the code is like this (as generated):
Spoiler: show

Code: Select all

048#page('<Text>    <DIV>        <DIV>Line of text</DIV>    </DIV></Text>',pic("picture.jpg"),buttons(049#, "Continue"));
then the "Line of text" appears on the third line below the picture. In other words, there are two blank lines before the text begins. To me, this uses up a lot of precious space.

However, if the CR/LF after the first Text and DIV tags are removed:

048#page('<Text><DIV><DIV>Line of text</DIV>    </DIV></Text>',pic("picture.jpg"),buttons(049#, "Continue"));
then the first line of text is directly below the picture, as I believe it should be.

I think this happens in the XML portion of the code and just gets carried over when the Nyx is generated. It's probably a non-issue in the XML because there is usually plenty of room for text in either of the offline viewers.

Another small bug that should hopefully be simple to fix: The tags the Editor uses for italics and bold are <EM> and <STRONG>, respectively. However Nyx only seems to understand <I> and <B>. The tag used for Underline works as-is.

Thanks, as always! :wave:

EDIT 04/14/14:

Another important thing I just figured out, related to the above issue with blank lines. If there are multiple lines of text and the CRLF is removed as shown above:

002#page('<Text><DIV><DIV>Line 1</DIV>        <DIV> </DIV>        <DIV>Line 2</DIV>    </DIV></Text>',pic("picture.jpg"),buttons(003#, "Continue"));
In this scenario, the Tabs still in front of Line 2 will cause it to be indented and therefore not centered in comparison to Line 1 and the picture.

To have both lines be centered, I think all Tabs need to be removed. (The Tabs in front of the blank line <DIV> tags don't really matter since it's a blank line, though.)

The following code doesn't have a blank line below the picture (it does between the 2 lines of text of course) and all of the text is centered with the picture:

002#page('<Text><DIV><DIV>Line 1</DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV>Line 2</DIV></DIV></Text>',pic("picture.jpg"),buttons(003#, "Continue"));
I've been using Notepad++'s powerful search and replace feature to figure this out and fix up my code. I eventually recorded a macro to do most of this automatically. I know the Editor is on the low end of priorities for development, but if it is updated sometime I thought this post might be helpful. :-)

EDIT 4/16/14:

I take back what I said above regarding the Italics tag. Nyx's visual editor inserts the <I> tags, and I had italics text in my tease Preview window. But when I published, I no longer had italics. So, I don't know. It wasn't terribly important but I don't understand why it showed properly in preview but not after publish. I still think Nyx "prefers" the <I> tag over <EM> but why it didn't work for me, I don't know.
ImageImage
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Trusfrated »

I'm kind of stumped.

I have a working XML file that was created with the Editor. Looks good in TeaseMe and GuideMe. With a little "massaging" (as noted above), the Nyx code that the Editor creates seems to work well.

However, if I use TeaseMe or the new Java app to download the tease from Milovana.com, the resulting file doesn't display properly.

The Editor uses "<div> </div>" for a blank line in its WYSIWYG component. (This was a change from using <P>aragraph tags in an earlier version, so my file has some of both.) When the tease is downloaded, TeaseMe has all of my sentences running together with no line breaks. GuideMe has line breaks, but there is an "Â" symbol on the otherwise blank lines. Again, both offline viewers display the original XML file (with "<div> </div>" for blank lines) perfectly.

I'm not sure, but I wonder if this is somehow related to why my tease is not viewable with the HTML5 mobile site. Other flash teases still load okay there.

If anyone wants an offline version of my tease, they can download one from a link in its thread, so this may be trivial. However, I'd like to understand what's going on so I can avoid these issues in the future.

Oh, and also: apparently tag pairs are pretty case sensitive. I figured out an earlier problem with the offline viewers that was because of some tags not matching exactly (<DIV> </div>). The log for the Java downloader was very helpful in that regard!
ImageImage
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by philo »

I will try to find time to have a look.
Teaseme is stored as xml, the tags are case sensitive, html is not.
they brought out the xhtml standard which is what is needed to store it as xml.
it would probably be beter to store the html within a cdata section which would be able to store html.
but it is too late to change that now.

I am concentrating on Godess Natalie's site at the moment but I do hit mental blocks on it and it is better to do something else for a bit and then come back to it fresh, I should be able to do small changes.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

Have updated the link in the first post to the current version
Venus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Venus »

I'm currently working on a new tease using your great offline editor. It makes writing teases a lot easier. Once again many thanks for creating this wonderful piece of software.

If you are working on an update some time in the future I have some suggestions which features could be improved:
  • When creating a new page, it would be great if the text field is automatically selected. So I don't have to move the mouse and click into it.
  • I'd wish that I could reorder pages in the page view. It would help to keep the overview when teases get very large.
  • The image "quick" selection doesn't work for me correctly. When I click on an image at the right side the text field is filled with a wrong path. I have a screen which shows the problem. Instead of "Flash-Tease\\\corridor31.jpg" there should be just "corridor31.jpg". Interestingly the same feature in the Audio tab works for me (Clicking on an audio file writes the correct path/file name into the text field)
    wrongImage.jpg
    wrongImage.jpg (62.59 KiB) Viewed 2604 times
  • There's another bug regarding the feature just mentioned above. Since the feature doesn't work for me in the image tab I only can say for sure that it occurs in the audio tab. If I select exactly the same audio file which I already used on the page I edited before then the text field isn't filled with the file name. First I have to select another audio file, and afterwards the audio file which I actually wanted to use.
  • I'd like to have a "refresh" button which reloads the media files. I tend to put/add only pictures which I currently need into the media folder. Of course the added files aren't showing in the preview, because of the lack of a reload feature.
That's if for now. If I come across another things worth to mention I'll let you know.
Cock Hero - Overwatch 3 is out! viewtopic.php?f=25&t=22817
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Trusfrated »

Venus,

I know at least one or two of your concerns are addressed in version 1.14.

I provided Philo with similar feedback when I was writing my teases earlier this year. He updated the code a few times and provided me with new versions to test. I reported back as much as I could, but our conversation eventually trailed off, as he was involved in another, larger project.

Perhaps he will officially release 1.14, or at least let you test it as well. Your feedback may well be different than mine. :-D

It really is a great and very useful program he's created for us. :whistle:
ImageImage
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

Venus wrote:If you are working on an update some time in the future I have some suggestions which features could be improved
  • When creating a new page, it would be great if the text field is automatically selected. So I don't have to move the mouse and click into it. should be able to do this
  • I'd wish that I could reorder pages in the page view. It would help to keep the overview when teases get very large. Will implement drag and drop so pages can be moved
  • The image "quick" selection doesn't work for me correctly. Fixed but I forgot to release it :blush:
  • If I select exactly the same audio file which I already used on the page I edited before then the text field isn't filled with the file name. same as above
  • I'd like to have a "refresh" button which reloads the media files. I tend to put/add only pictures which I currently need into the media folder. Of course the added files aren't showing in the preview, because of the lack of a reload feature. There is a menu item Tools/Refresh Media
Will work on these and do a release soon
Venus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Venus »

philo wrote:
  • I'd like to have a "refresh" button which reloads the media files. I tend to put/add only pictures which I currently need into the media folder. Of course the added files aren't showing in the preview, because of the lack of a reload feature. There is a menu item Tools/Refresh Media
Ah tank you for pointing it out for me, it works well.
frankendude
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by frankendude »

I'm using the offline editor recently and am running into a couple of issues. I may not be using the latest version. I'm getting confused about which version is the current one based on the many varied links to different pages. The one I have says it was released on the google drive downloads in Dec 2013 and reads Version 1.10. Below are the issues I'm having.

I can't get random pages to work. I want to feed from one screen to one of two random sections. I'm going to do that by feeding to one of two random black screens which will then advance to their respective sections. I cannot get a random button or random delay to do anything. It could be the version I'm using. I just put in "page(1..2)" or in the actual case "Warmupselector(1..2)." I also tried other pages within the tease so its definitely the editor and not a messed up page or two.

The other issue Ive been having is the nyx script generator. For some reason, it generated an insane amount of extra close parentheses ( these: ")"). They threw the script off online and I had to edit the pages by eyeball to get rid of the extras. Also, it doesn't seem to add in text characters properly. For example, I had to delete all apostrophes that I had placed into text boxes because they did not change to the apop%#%$ code if you get what I mean. Thanks for all the work though! It's made tease creation sooo much easier.
Venus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Venus »

If you click on the first link in the first post of this thread you are getting redirected to the download of version 1.13.

I believe random pages don't work in the editor's preview, but if you test them with teasme they'll work.

The nyx script generator got improved in the last versions. I recommend you try generating nyx scripts with the newest version.
frankendude
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by frankendude »

Hmm. So I downloaded the 1.13 version of the offline editor. I'm getting the random pages to work fine in teaseme, but now there is a problem with nyx. It will not generate the nyx script of the tease I'm editing. I don't know why. The problem appears to be specific to this tease.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

frankendude wrote:Hmm. So I downloaded the 1.13 version of the offline editor. I'm getting the random pages to work fine in teaseme, but now there is a problem with nyx. It will not generate the nyx script of the tease I'm editing. I don't know why. The problem appears to be specific to this tease.
If you want to pm me the xml I will debug it and see where it is going wrong.
The nyx generation is probably the least tested part of the program so there are probably areas that could be improved

The preview is was only designed to give you an idea of what it looked like. The fact that buttons work etc was more for convenience than any attempt to replicate what nyx does. So yes random buttons / delays have not been implemented. I guess I could add code that presents a list of the possible random pages it could go to, to choose one to jump to.
slaveashish
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by slaveashish »

Hi philo :wave:

Thanks for this wonderful program. :thumbsup:

I am trying it for the first time to create a tease from scratch.

While formatting the text in a page in the WYSIWYG tab, how do you take the changes you make in the bottom black box to the top box or the actual page?
While going through the wiki I saw that there were visualtotext and texttovisual buttons provided in the earlier versions, but they are not present in the version I am currently using which is 1.13 which I believe is the latest.

Please help this newbie out
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

slaveashish wrote:Hi philo :wave:

Thanks for this wonderful program. :thumbsup:

I am trying it for the first time to create a tease from scratch.

While formatting the text in a page in the WYSIWYG tab, how do you take the changes you make in the bottom black box to the top box or the actual page?
While going through the wiki I saw that there were visualtotext and texttovisual buttons provided in the earlier versions, but they are not present in the version I am currently using which is 1.13 which I believe is the latest.

Please help this newbie out
It should update the top and bottom panes automatically.
there should be a copy from page button and a copy to page button which will
1) copy the current page text to the editor
2) copy the edited text back to the page

I have 1.14 but that may be just because I always update the version number after I do a release, so I don't end up using the same number twice.