Offline Editor

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
Pylon
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Re: Offline Editor for Linux searched

Post by Pylon »

philo wrote:
udo100 wrote:Hey anybody,
is there a offline Editor for Linux available?
Maybe a Java generated program.
The nyx Editor looks very unreliable.
I am not aware of one.
Mine is written in vb.net so is pretty much windows only.

it may run under mono in linux I guess but I have not tried.
Hey Philo!

I am very interested in creating my own tease but I am horribly confused with this software.

I installed it and tried to create a tease. I looked at the png file you uploaded and tried to mimic what you did. But when I create a page, nothing really happens. There's no indication that the new page exists or that I can switch between pages or whatever.

I am so confused and have so many questions but for now, I'm wondering if you could start by just walking me through how to create individual pages, how to determine that the pages exist (how to look through them) and how to link them all together. Help a newbie? :)
Pylon
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Offline Editor

Post by Pylon »

To be clear, I told the program to create a page, and looked in the PageView tab, but nothing is there.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

Pylon wrote:To be clear, I told the program to create a page, and looked in the PageView tab, but nothing is there.
That is probably because you have not created a tease file yet
If you do file / new from the menu and create a tease file, you should have one page called start which is always the first page of a tease.
Adding pages should then work.

It should also create a directory for pictures where you created the tease file.
If you put pictures in there and do Tools / Refresh Media thumb nails should appear in the image tab.
To link pages you can use buttons, if you put a page name in the target of a button it should go to that page.
You can also use a delay
Tick the delay tick box and set the number of seconds again the page you want to go to goes in target.
Normal displays a count down, Hidden displays question marks so you know there is a timer but not how long
Secret doesn't let them know it just changes the page.
Text for the page can be html if you want to style it

You could also try load a tease up to see how a working one looks in the editor
Pylon
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Pylon »

philo wrote:
Pylon wrote:To be clear, I told the program to create a page, and looked in the PageView tab, but nothing is there.
That is probably because you have not created a tease file yet
If you do file / new from the menu and create a tease file, you should have one page called start which is always the first page of a tease.
Adding pages should then work.

It should also create a directory for pictures where you created the tease file.
If you put pictures in there and do Tools / Refresh Media thumb nails should appear in the image tab.
To link pages you can use buttons, if you put a page name in the target of a button it should go to that page.
You can also use a delay
Tick the delay tick box and set the number of seconds again the page you want to go to goes in target.
Normal displays a count down, Hidden displays question marks so you know there is a timer but not how long
Secret doesn't let them know it just changes the page.
Text for the page can be html if you want to style it

You could also try load a tease up to see how a working one looks in the editor
I loaded up a tease I'm familiar with (Troyan's Blowjob Challenge). Everything works fine.

When I try to create my own tease, I still have the same problem. I go to File / New, create a new tease, and nothing happens. No new page appears.

Do I have to write stuff in for id, Title, Media Directory, etc? Is that why it isn't working? I tried manually creating the xml file too but that doesn't work either. :(
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

Try looking in Tools / Options
Is the file location set to a valid directory, it may be trying to save the file to somewhere that does not exist on your machine
Pylon
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Pylon »

philo wrote:Try looking in Tools / Options
Is the file location set to a valid directory, it may be trying to save the file to somewhere that does not exist on your machine
That created the file. Thank you! I'll let you know if I have any more questions, and I'll let you know when this tease is done. Did you ever play Troyan's Blowjob Challenge?
iSpank
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by iSpank »

Just created my first tease. I used offline editor and then polished to product in Nyx.

Here's the finished product:

https://milovana.com/webteases/showflash.php?id=34812

Here are my lessons learned:

I used offline editor to create the tease in XML then translate to Nyx
I like the interface and it is easier to get a bunch of pages written than using Nyx straight up
I love the checker feature that gives you errors and warnings about your pages, as well as checking for loops
The fact that it can copy all of your images into an upload folder is fantastic
I couldn't get the unset feature to work with my random pages. Had to manually fix this in Nyx
There were a few times that re-ordering items in the Pages view caused a page to be deleted. My workaround here was to use a text editor to re-order
Having the file open in notepad++ so that I could see/edit the XML was very helpful
Nyx does not like images starting with numbers. Just re-name these to start with an alpha, makes your life way easier
The Nyx generator seems to add an extranious "#" when generating random pages
Generates this: delay(5sec, range(10600001,10600006)#)
Should generate this: delay(5sec, range(10600001,10600006))

As I got more proficient, I realised that the best technique was to start my tease in offline editor then polish it in Nyx.

Hope this helps anyone who is also just getting started!
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

iSpank wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:43 am Just created my first tease. I used offline editor and then polished to product in Nyx.
Thanks for the feed back.
I originally wrote the editor for my own use, but have not written a tease for a while.
Have dusted off the source code.
iSpank wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:43 am I couldn't get the unset feature to work with my random pages. Had to manually fix this in Nyx
Will have a look at this, as far as I know it should work.
iSpank wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:43 am There were a few times that re-ordering items in the Pages view caused a page to be deleted. My workaround here was to use a text editor to re-order
Have had a look at the code and tested this and couldn't get it to not work.
The code is very simple for the sort, so I am surprised it doesn't work.
Any examples where it hasn't would be good
iSpank wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:43 am Nyx does not like images starting with numbers. Just re-name these to start with an alpha, makes your life way easier
I think the nyx generated code should add text on the beginning of the file name.
iSpank wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:43 am The Nyx generator seems to add an extranious "#" when generating random pages
Generates this: delay(5sec, range(10600001,10600006)#)
Should generate this: delay(5sec, range(10600001,10600006))
Will have a look at this.
iSpank
Explorer
Explorer

Post by iSpank »

Thanks Philo, don't go too crazy trying to figure out some of these. The editor is great and I was able to work around any issues i was having. It was my first time using the tool so that doesn't make me a very good tester. I'll PM you with anything else I find going forward.

Regarding the pictures that had file names starting with a number. I did see that the generator prefixed the references with a "no-" and Nyx prefixed the image names with the same text. Not sure why I couldn't get them to show up. I just re-named them, re-added them in the editor, then re-uploaded the pictures.

I started a new tease today with the editor and so far everything is working well so far.
iSpank
Explorer
Explorer

Post by iSpank »

I just wrote up my second tease using offline editor. Worked out much better this time. I think the bulk of my problems before were related to using offline editor while having the file open in notepad++. I also think there were a couple of times where I copied a page, forgot to rename it (so there were two copies of the same page). When I saved, the new page over wrote the old page.

I did have an issue uploading .mp3 files to NYX. (not an offline editor problem). The media upload tab stated that images had to be smaller than 2.6MB, so I shrunk them. They still wouldn't upload, so I took them down to about a little over a Meg and they uploaded fine.

Thanks for the great tools Philo!
1of1
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by 1of1 »

I cannot use this application anymore at all.
Whenever I try to install it, I either get one of the two error messages:
"Application can not be started. Contact the application vendor."
or
"Application has generated an exception that could not be handled."

Or sometimes I even get a fatal error:
"Unable to loat Jit Compiler: (mscorjit.dll): file may be missing or corrupt. Please check or rerun setup."

I already did eveything I could think off. I redownloaded the file, I made a new installation of all codec packs, I reinstalled Net. Framework and still nothing is changing about this issue.
Any help would be greatly appreciated since I do not know how to progress with this anymore :(

The detailed error report only shows the following:

Code: Select all

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
	Windows 			: 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
	Common Language Runtime 	: 4.0.30319.42000
	System.Deployment.dll 		: 4.7.2634.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_C
	clr.dll 			: 4.7.2650.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_B
	dfdll.dll 			: 4.7.2634.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_C
	dfshim.dll 			: 4.0.41209.0 (Main.041209-0000)

SOURCES
	Deployment url			: file:///MWTEdit.application
	Application url			: file:///MWTEdit.exe.manifest

IDENTITIES
	Deployment Identity		: MWTEdit.application, Version=1.14.0.0, Culture=en-GB, PublicKeyToken=0a8223559b2b06c4, processorArchitecture=msil
	Application Identity		: MWTEdit.exe, Version=1.14.0.0, Culture=en-GB, PublicKeyToken=0a8223559b2b06c4, processorArchitecture=msil, type=win32

APPLICATION SUMMARY
	* Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY
	Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
	* An exception occurred while determining trust. Following failure messages were detected:
		+ Value does not fall within the expected range.
	* Activation of MWTEdit.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
	No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
	There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
	* [27.05.2018 01:43:13] : Activation of MWTEdit.application has started.
	* [27.05.2018 01:43:13] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
	* [27.05.2018 01:43:13] : Installation of the application has started.
	* [27.05.2018 01:43:13] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
	* [27.05.2018 01:43:14] : Found compatible runtime version 2.0.50727.
	* [27.05.2018 01:43:14] : Detecting dependent assembly Sentinel.v3.5Client, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a, processorArchitecture=msil using Sentinel.v3.5Client, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a, processorArchitecture=msil.
	* [27.05.2018 01:43:14] : Detecting dependent assembly System.Data.Entity, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, processorArchitecture=msil using System.Data.Entity, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, processorArchitecture=msil.
	* [27.05.2018 01:43:14] : Detecting dependent assembly WindowsBase, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, processorArchitecture=msil using WindowsBase, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, processorArchitecture=msil.
	* [27.05.2018 01:43:14] : Detecting dependent assembly System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, processorArchitecture=msil using System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, processorArchitecture=msil.
	* [27.05.2018 01:43:14] : Detecting dependent assembly System.Data.Entity, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, processorArchitecture=msil using System.Data.Entity, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, processorArchitecture=msil.

ERROR DETAILS
	Following errors were detected during this operation.
	* [27.05.2018 01:43:14] System.ArgumentException
		- Value does not fall within the expected range.
		- Source: mscorlib
		- Stack trace:
			at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IDefinitionAppId.EnumAppPath()
			at System.ActivationContext.CreateFromNameAndManifests(ApplicationIdentity applicationIdentity, String[] manifestPaths)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ActivationDescription.ToActivationContext()
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
			at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
		- Stack trace:
			at System.ActivationContext.CreateFromNameAndManifests(ApplicationIdentity applicationIdentity, String[] manifestPaths)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
	No transaction information is available.
Life fucks you every day?
Then go for the rithm, 'cause the climax's still to come.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

1of1 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 11:34 pm I cannot use this application anymore at all.
Whenever I try to install it, I either get one of the two error messages:
"Application can not be started. Contact the application vendor."
or
"Application has generated an exception that could not be handled."

Or sometimes I even get a fatal error:
"Unable to loat Jit Compiler: (mscorjit.dll): file may be missing or corrupt. Please check or rerun setup."

I already did eveything I could think off. I redownloaded the file, I made a new installation of all codec packs, I reinstalled Net. Framework and still nothing is changing about this issue.
Any help would be greatly appreciated since I do not know how to progress with this anymore :(

The detailed error report only shows the following:

Code: Select all

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
	Windows 			: 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
	Common Language Runtime 	: 4.0.30319.42000
	System.Deployment.dll 		: 4.7.2634.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_C
	clr.dll 			: 4.7.2650.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_B
	dfdll.dll 			: 4.7.2634.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_C
	dfshim.dll 			: 4.0.41209.0 (Main.041209-0000)

SOURCES
	Deployment url			: file:///MWTEdit.application
	Application url			: file:///MWTEdit.exe.manifest

IDENTITIES
	Deployment Identity		: MWTEdit.application, Version=1.14.0.0, Culture=en-GB, PublicKeyToken=0a8223559b2b06c4, processorArchitecture=msil
	Application Identity		: MWTEdit.exe, Version=1.14.0.0, Culture=en-GB, PublicKeyToken=0a8223559b2b06c4, processorArchitecture=msil, type=win32

APPLICATION SUMMARY
	* Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY
	Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
	* An exception occurred while determining trust. Following failure messages were detected:
	* Activation of MWTEdit.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
	No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
	There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
	* [27.05.2018 01:43:13] : Activation of MWTEdit.application has started.
	* [27.05.2018 01:43:13] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
	* [27.05.2018 01:43:13] : Installation of the application has started.
	* [27.05.2018 01:43:13] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
	* [27.05.2018 01:43:14] : Found compatible runtime version 2.0.50727.
	* [27.05.2018 01:43:14] : Detecting dependent assembly Sentinel.v3.5Client, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a, processorArchitecture=msil using Sentinel.v3.5Client, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a, processorArchitecture=msil.
	* [27.05.2018 01:43:14] : Detecting dependent assembly WindowsBase, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, processorArchitecture=msil using WindowsBase, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, processorArchitecture=msil.
	* [27.05.2018 01:43:14] : Detecting dependent assembly System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, processorArchitecture=msil using System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, processorArchitecture=msil.

ERROR DETAILS
	Following errors were detected during this operation.
		- Stack trace:
		- Stack trace:

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
	No transaction information is available.
Only just seen this.
When you say you can't use it anymore, have you been successfully using it in the past?
This sounds like an installation error, rather than one that is from using the program.
I haven't touched the editor for a while now I will have to dig it out and have a look at it again.
I will try to have a look tonight or over the weekend.
imtoosexy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Domme (Female)

Post by imtoosexy »

Pressing
Page>new (ctrl+N)> I get the option to give the page a name, when i Press OK nothing really changes.
I feel like the page should show in the pageview tab, but it remains empty.

I havnt been able to do anything but load in the images and create more pages, even though none show up in the pageviewer.

also pressing write tease doesnt put a tease.xmp in the output file,

what am I donig wrong? or is it maybe the dot net thing?

How can I navigate through the pages?

Is there a spot I can see which pages i have made?

What does the sort pages button do?

Any suggestions?
Ok so I've figured out, the problem is not being able to create the actual XML file,

When opening a downloaded tease with the offline maker i am able to use the pageviewer and add pages

So how do you create a new tease?
FoxBehave
Explorer
Explorer

Post by FoxBehave »

I'm having the same issues. Not possible to create pages even though both file path on first page and in options is valid. I tried various hard drives, even without folders on first level. No success. What do I do wrong?
imtoosexy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Domme (Female)

Post by imtoosexy »

I'm not exactly sure how I did it, but after reopening a few times and playing with the pathname where teases are saved I made a tease file.xml and when I open that file I am able to add pages and use the tease maker. Since then I have been able to create new teases and add pages to them.

Now I need to know the requirements for being able to use 'generate nyx script, on new teases it works, and downloaded teases it also works. but specifically the tease i'm working on it doesn't

My second question is how do I use the Go range(1..20)'page' command in the tease maker?
go(range(3,5,'page')), I also found something in the nyx tab called start number for random pages, i dont know what it is.

my third question is how do I test the tease efficiently? Is there a run script option or do you test it in nyx?
Philo has shown me to the wikia, will try to solve these issues with that
https://github.com/philormand/tease-me- ... structions
Last edited by imtoosexy on Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.