Offline Editor

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
pc91
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Offline Editor

Post by pc91 »

I have 1.14 too.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by philo »

pc91 wrote:I have 1.14 too.
Have updated the link in the first post to point to 1.14
slaveashish
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by slaveashish »

philo wrote:
slaveashish wrote:Hi philo :wave:

Thanks for this wonderful program. :thumbsup:

I am trying it for the first time to create a tease from scratch.

While formatting the text in a page in the WYSIWYG tab, how do you take the changes you make in the bottom black box to the top box or the actual page?
While going through the wiki I saw that there were visualtotext and texttovisual buttons provided in the earlier versions, but they are not present in the version I am currently using which is 1.13 which I believe is the latest.

Please help this newbie out
It should update the top and bottom panes automatically.
there should be a copy from page button and a copy to page button which will
1) copy the current page text to the editor
2) copy the edited text back to the page

I have 1.14 but that may be just because I always update the version number after I do a release, so I don't end up using the same number twice.
For some reason the changes weren't being made in the top box according to the formatting in the bottom box. I will check it once again and let you know how it goes
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

slaveashish wrote:
philo wrote:
slaveashish wrote:Hi philo :wave:

Thanks for this wonderful program. :thumbsup:

I am trying it for the first time to create a tease from scratch.

While formatting the text in a page in the WYSIWYG tab, how do you take the changes you make in the bottom black box to the top box or the actual page?
While going through the wiki I saw that there were visualtotext and texttovisual buttons provided in the earlier versions, but they are not present in the version I am currently using which is 1.13 which I believe is the latest.

Please help this newbie out
It should update the top and bottom panes automatically.
there should be a copy from page button and a copy to page button which will
1) copy the current page text to the editor
2) copy the edited text back to the page

I have 1.14 but that may be just because I always update the version number after I do a release, so I don't end up using the same number twice.
For some reason the changes weren't being made in the top box according to the formatting in the bottom box. I will check it once again and let you know how it goes
I think it may do it on a mouse over event on the bottom pane.
it was a challenge as you can upate the top or bottom and it will update the other to reflect the change.
pc91
Explorer
Explorer

Post by pc91 »

Quick question about the random pages in the editor:

If the target of a button or delay is: page(1..3)
Will page2a be one of the targets?

Put another way, if I have pages numbered
page1, page2, page3 and then I add a page2a, will page2a be one of the pages targeted by page(1..3)?

Thanks.
lestrian
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lestrian »

pc91 wrote:Quick question about the random pages in the editor:

If the target of a button or delay is: page(1..3)
Will page2a be one of the targets?

Put another way, if I have pages numbered
page1, page2, page3 and then I add a page2a, will page2a be one of the pages targeted by page(1..3)?

Thanks.
I'm almost 100% sure it doesn't. Anyway, it would be very easy to test: make a new tease with just the pages page1a and page2a and make a button going to page(1..2) and see if it actually redirects anywhere.
SkyLigth
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch

Post by SkyLigth »

When i try to run 1.14 version I get You cannot start application MWTEdit from this location because it is already installed from a different location.

I can run 1.10 ver fine.
Trusfrated
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Trusfrated »

I don't think you can have two versions installed at the same time. I always have to go through the uninstall process before I upgrade to a new version.
ImageImage
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

Trusfrated wrote:I don't think you can have two versions installed at the same time. I always have to go through the uninstall process before I upgrade to a new version.
In theory it should overwrite the previous version, but sometimes it doesn't, so you need to uninstall the old one.
Microsoft improved the installer to make it easier, the same way they did search in windows 7 :no:
SkyLigth
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch

Post by SkyLigth »

Yeah uninstalling the old one worked fine. Thanks.
slaveashish
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by slaveashish »

It is working as it is supposed to now. :thumbsup: Thanks philo!

However I have another question. For generating the nyx script, all you have to do is click on Gen Nyx Script under the tools tab right? But when I do, nothing really happens. The window under Nyx remains empty. I tested the xml in teaseme and it is working fine.

Please let me know if you are aware of any issue that causes this? I will keep trying and post if I am able to resolve it by myself.

Thanks again for all the help
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

slaveashish wrote:It is working as it is supposed to now. :thumbsup: Thanks philo!

However I have another question. For generating the nyx script, all you have to do is click on Gen Nyx Script under the tools tab right? But when I do, nothing really happens. The window under Nyx remains empty. I tested the xml in teaseme and it is working fine.

Please let me know if you are aware of any issue that causes this? I will keep trying and post if I am able to resolve it by myself.

What you are doing sounds correct so should work.
The nyx generation is the least tested bit so it is probably a bug rather than what you have done.
If you want to put it somewhere like mega and pm me a link I will run it in debug mode to see where it is failing.
slaveashish
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by slaveashish »

philo wrote:
slaveashish wrote:It is working as it is supposed to now. :thumbsup: Thanks philo!

The nyx generation is the least tested bit so it is probably a bug rather than what you have done.
If you want to put it somewhere like mega and pm me a link I will run it in debug mode to see where it is failing.
Great. I will try a few more times and if it doesn't work will share the files with you.
You would just be needing the xml file right?
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

slaveashish wrote:
philo wrote:

Great. I will try a few more times and if it doesn't work will share the files with you.
You would just be needing the xml file right?
yes just the xml file is fine
onetimeonlyx2x
Explorer
Explorer

Post by onetimeonlyx2x »

Hello. I tried downloading and unzipping but application fails to open :( Im sorry I feel really stupid that I cant figure out how to even download this right but if you could tell me what Im doing wrong Id really appreciate it. The offline editor is exactly what I need! Thank you in advance.

This is the error mssg i Get:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 6.2.9200.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.34014
System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.34243 built by: FX452RTMGDR
clr.dll : 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.34243 built by: FX452RTMGDR
dfshim.dll : 6.3.9600.16384 (winblue_rtm.130821-1623)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/Nas/Downloads/1/MWTEdit.application

IDENTITIES
Deployment Identity : MWTEdit.application, Version=1.14.0.0, Culture=en-GB, PublicKeyToken=0a8223559b2b06c4, processorArchitecture=msil

APPLICATION SUMMARY
* Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Users\Nas1225\Downloads\1\MWTEdit.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Deployment and application do not have matching security zones.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [6/14/2015 12:35:57 AM] : Activation of C:\Users\Nas1225\Downloads\1\MWTEdit.application has started.
* [6/14/2015 12:35:57 AM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
* [6/14/2015 12:35:57 AM] : Installation of the application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [6/14/2015 12:35:57 AM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (Zone)
- Deployment and application do not have matching security zones.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadApplicationManifest(AssemblyManifest deploymentManifest, String targetDir, Uri deploymentUri, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, Uri& appSourceUri, String& appManifestPath)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadApplicationManifest(AssemblyManifest deploymentManifest, String targetDir, Uri deploymentUri, Uri& appSourceUri, String& appManifestPath)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.