Offline Editor

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: Offline Editor

Post by philo »

imtoosexy wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:58 am I'm not exactly sure how I did it, but after reopening a few times and playing with the pathname where teases are saved I made a tease file.xml and when I open that file I am able to add pages and use the tease maker. Since then I have been able to create new teases and add pages to them.

Now I need to know the requirements for being able to use 'generate nyx script, on new teases it works, and downloaded teases it also works. but specifically the tease i'm working on it doesn't

My second question is how do I use the Go range(1..20)'page' command in the tease maker?
go(range(3,5,'page')), I also found something in the nyx tab called start number for random pages, i dont know what it is.

my third question is how do I test the tease efficiently? Is there a run script option or do you test it in nyx?
The easiest way to test it is to use TeaseMe or GuideMe, both will run the xml file generated.
The editor will allow you to do some basic testing and also has a couple menu items under tools (check pages and check loops) that look for common errors.

I have recreated the wiki for the editor, it was originally on google code which got shut down.
https://github.com/philormand/tease-me-editor/wiki

The most common problem is not loading a tease or not creating a new tease after opening the editor.
It will allow you to edit pages etc, but it doesn't know where to save them to if you don't.
(I originally wrote it as a tool to create my own teases when I got frustrated with the online editor, so it isn't always obvious, I should probably disable editing if there is no tease loaded in the editor)

If you are still having problems with generating nyx code, if you want to send me a copy of the tease I can have a look at why it isn't working.
FoxBehave
Explorer
Explorer

Post by FoxBehave »

Thanks for your support, Philo. Personally, I gave up. Even after having read the old wiki and looking into your recovered documentation now, I can't get it to work. I know that creating the xml is why it fails, I just don't know why.
For a while, I thought I figured it out: If you put the path in the option as e.g. "F:\", it will show as "F:\\" in the program later. But even after removing the dash, I get no difference. In both time, the folder is created, but empty.

I pushed myself through 200+ pages in Nyx the last three days. It worked, but I don't see me doing it again anytime soon, haha.
imtoosexy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Domme (Female)

Post by imtoosexy »

Foxbehave, did u try to install the framework 3.5, and did u try to put the save folder to your guideme folder?

Philo
Thank you that helped a lot. I created a new tease where I am able to create nyx scripts, so ill stick to that one.
Guideme is a great way to test as you pointed out, I'm wondering though it doesn't seem to realise the diffrence between set and unset pages?
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

imtoosexy wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:35 pm Foxbehave, did u try to install the framework 3.5, and did u try to put the save folder to your guideme folder?

Philo
Thank you that helped a lot. I created a new tease where I am able to create nyx scripts, so ill stick to that one.
Guideme is a great way to test as you pointed out, I'm wondering though it doesn't seem to realise the diffrence between set and unset pages?
That should be working are you using the latest version?
I know I did some fixes around that but it was a while ago.
If you are using the latest version and it isn't working, let me have a copy of the tease and I will debug it to find out why.

Link to latest version
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=12944&start=1170#p251677
imtoosexy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by imtoosexy »

philo wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:05 pm
imtoosexy wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:35 pm
Spoiler: show
Foxbehave, did u try to install the framework 3.5, and did u try to put the save folder to your guideme folder?

Philo
If you are using the latest version and it isn't working, let me have a copy of the tease and I will debug it to find out why.

Link to latest version
So appearantly I have been using GM 0.1.5.64b, With the new version it seems to be working just fine, :innocent:

Will using the ifset function in MWEDIT lead to bugs when scripting to Nyx? and if so, Is there any way to still use the ifset function?
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

imtoosexy wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:55 pm
imtoosexy wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:35 pm

Philo

Link to latest version
So appearantly I have been using GM 0.1.5.64b, With the new version it seems to be working just fine, :innocent:

Will using the ifset function in MWEDIT lead to bugs when scripting to Nyx? and if so, Is there any way to still use the ifset function?
TeaseMe started as an offline player for Nyx, Takenaga added some additional functionality for teases written for TeaseMe that don't exist in Nyx.
The editor I wrote can be used for either.
TeaseMe specific fields like ifset are highlighted in red so it is more obvious that they don't work for Nyx (the generator ignores them).

So yes you are right if your tease is written to rely on ifset then it will not work as a flash tease.
I can't think of a way to implement it in Nyx, but then I haven't written many teases.
If you post the question in one of the Nyx threads you may get an answer (probably involving multiple pages and zero length delays)
FoxBehave
Explorer
Explorer

Post by FoxBehave »

imtoosexy wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:35 pmFoxbehave, did u try to install the framework 3.5, and did u try to put the save folder to your guideme folder?
D'oh! I didn't realize it's needed on top, just figured that the offline editor is a script creator that works standalone. Thanks for the pointer. I'm not on my PC until Monday, but will look into it. Cheers!
imtoosexy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by imtoosexy »

philo wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:41 pm

Link to latest version

TeaseMe started as an offline player for Nyx, Takenaga added some additional functionality for teases written for TeaseMe that don't exist in Nyx.
TeaseMe specific fields like ifset are highlighted in red so it is more obvious that they don't work for Nyx (the generator ignores them).

So yes you are right if your tease is written to rely on ifset then it will not work as a flash tease.
I can't think of a way to implement it in Nyx, but then I haven't written many teases.
If you post the question in one of the Nyx threads you may get an answer (probably involving multiple pages and zero length delays)
Great help so far :)

Is it possible to set multiple pages at once?
Or does every 0second delay page setting page only set one page?
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

imtoosexy wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:01 pm
philo wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:41 pm

Great help so far :)

Is it possible to set multiple pages at once?
Or does every 0second delay page setting page only set one page?
I don't know to be honest, if Nyx supports it and the editor doesn't generate the correct Nyx let me know and I will fix the editor
imtoosexy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by imtoosexy »

So the code to set a number of pages is

set(1#, 2#, 3#)
unset(1#, 2#, 3#)
(source: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5926)

When I put 1001,1002,1003,1004,1005 in the set field and hit Generate nyx script i get:
set(1001# 1002#, 1003#, 1004#, 1005#)

The first one appears to miss a comma every time, but it does not seem to matter in guideme2 i still get the right result, i tested if it works in nyx and it seems to work just fine. so basically just do the page number and a comma and list all pages

What about the must, mustnot function, does the offline editor support that, or is there any way i could use it or work around it?
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

imtoosexy wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:07 pm What about the must, mustnot function, does the offline editor support that, or is there any way i could use it or work around it?
Actually looking at the code and the version I have installed on my machine, ifset and ifnotset generate must and mustnot in nyx.
I haven't looked at the editor for a long time so not sure if the version on my machine is a newer version than the one released.
Give it a try and I will release a new version if that isn't the case
imtoosexy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by imtoosexy »

Everything is working just fine now! I am already many pages deep into a new tease.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

imtoosexy wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:19 pm Everything is working just fine now! I am already many pages deep into a new tease.
I am glad
One of the aims of further developing the editor was to encourage or make it easier for people to contribute content to this site.
CockHeroChampion12
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by CockHeroChampion12 »

Hi, please could you explain the installation process. As i have installed the latest version and it will not start. Could you please tell me where to place the files at and any additional files i would need to download!

ImageImage ImageImage Image
imtoosexy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by imtoosexy »

philo wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:46 am
imtoosexy wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:19 pm Everything is working just fine now! I am already many pages deep into a new tease.
I am glad
One of the aims of further developing the editor was to encourage or make it easier for people to contribute content to this site.
In that respect I would like to make a few suggestions to make the editor more user friendly, given that it is already a great tool I have the below suggestions for improvement

suggestions:
-I end up switching tabs a lot, for me it would help to have 'page view', 'page', 'delay' and 'buttons' on the same tab, perhaps in fullscreen there would be plenty of space to put everything, and provide a nice overview. perhaps a tab switch hotkey would work too.
-I end up hitting save page a lot too, I would prefer to make the save changes alert to be optional.
- the short keys for save new copy and split would make more sense to me by using the windows standard keys, ctrl+s for saving ctrl + c for copy.

Just an idea, if nothing changes it's still a very nice and useful tool