Nyx - The FlashTease Editor - Public Preview Release

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
LeadingEdge
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious

Re: Nyx - The FlashTease Editor - Public Preview Release

Post by LeadingEdge »

lmind wrote: I had the same problem with my most recent tease, Pledge to the Coven. All italics and many bolds do not appear in the published version. Underlining and colors seem to work.

Hopefully someone knows a solution.
-lmind
Yes, there must be a solution as I've downloaded many teases to play off-line that do have the formatting intact.

Cheers!
ImageImage
AnonymousPseudonym
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by AnonymousPseudonym »

I uploaded a metronome mp3 file, but when I try to utilise it I am unsuccessful. As far as I know there is no other method for adding metronomes than through 'script' rather than 'visual', and so I followed the advice in this thread and added it as follows:
pic("brig-2.jpg"),
delay(20sec, page8#,style:secret),
hidden:sound("metronome.mp3")
);
Unfortunately, when I preview it there is no metronome. It doesn't even play once. I've tried changing the apostrophes around (from " to ') and getting rid of the word 'hidden:', but I can't seem to get it to work.

Any suggestions?
ImageImage Image
Author of the Original Sin webteases.
Venus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Venus »

Try this:

Code: Select all

01#page('text',pic("brig-2.jpg"),delay(20sec, page8#, style:secret),hidden:sound([b][color=red]id:[/color][/b]'metronome.mp3'));
Cock Hero - Overwatch 3 is out! viewtopic.php?f=25&t=22817
AnonymousPseudonym
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by AnonymousPseudonym »

Venus wrote:Try this:

01#page('text',pic("brig-2.jpg"),delay(20sec, page8#, style:secret),hidden:sound([b][color=red]id:[/color][/b]'metronome.mp3'));
Thank you very much!
ImageImage Image
Author of the Original Sin webteases.
UserZero
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by UserZero »

Is it possible to get a xml to flash file converter? Kinda like how the TeaseMe downloader turns a flash tease into an offline playable xml except in reverse.
Venus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Venus »

UserZero wrote:Is it possible to get a xml to flash file converter? Kinda like how the TeaseMe downloader turns a flash tease into an offline playable xml except in reverse.
Check out Philo's offline editor. There's an option to export a tease (xml) into nyx code.
UserZero
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: None of the above

Post by UserZero »

Venus wrote: Check out Philo's offline editor. There's an option to export a tease (xml) into nyx code.

This appears to be exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4SW7o ... sp=sharing
Slaveboy90
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Slave

Post by Slaveboy90 »

everytime i want to save the tease, all pages disapear :(
frankendude
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by frankendude »

I'm trying to edit a tease with code that I got from troyan and am having some issues. I'm not a programmer at all, and I made a few changes to the text and added some pages and whatnot. Anyway, my issue is that in preview several of my pages just flat out are gone. They are in the script, but not displaying in the visual tab. Additionally, goto that page doesn't work. Under preview it also gets stuck before getting to p001# as the continue button does nothing. Below is the code for the first few pages. Nothing looks wrong to me, but I don't know what I'm looking for.

Edited for figuring it out. It does NOT like random commas or apostrophes anywhere.
Venus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Venus »

I found the error, it's a typo/missing symbol.

On your end#page is missing a > just before the text starts.

[...]="0" KERNING="1[color=red]>[/color]What the fuck?![...]
frankendude
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by frankendude »

Great, thanks. I have another question as well. I feel like I've fixed all the script errors and want to upload my script to test it before I start adding in picture and audio files, however there is a problem with nyx. I cannot paste my script into the script editor because it freezes every time I try to paste it in. I tried pasting it in in pieces and that worked for a while, but eventually flash/nyx froze anyway the closer I got to pasting in all the script. Is there another way of uploading a flash tease to this website? Thanks.
Venus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Venus »

Unfortunately I think there's no other way than copy paste into the script editor. Because of this problem there's only a short version of my tease "The Gamble" available as web tease.
frankendude
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by frankendude »

Ah. I see. I shortened my tease to compensate. Another question. When I use preview, should I be hearing the audio tracks playing (for example if I'm making use of a beat meter)? I'm not hearing any audio playing during preview even though the files are uploaded. Everything else seems to be working properly during preview.
Venus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Venus »

You should be able to hear your audio files. Sure that you have added the audio into your script correctly?
Slaveboy90
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Slave

Post by Slaveboy90 »

I try to make my tease random, but the way in the first post doesnt work for me. maybe someone can help me ? here is the script:

randomizer#page('<TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="18" COLOR="#FFFFFF" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">The next page will be randomly selected</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>',pic("unbenannt2.jpg"),go(range(1,3)#)); 1#page('<TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="18" COLOR="#FFFFFF" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">This page shows up if range generated a 1</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>',pic("yourpic.jpg"),buttons(whereyouwanttogo#, "Ok")); 2#page('<TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="18" COLOR="#FFFFFF" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">This page shows up if range generated a 2</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>',pic("yourpic.jpg"),buttons(whereyouwanttogo#, "Ok")); 3#page('<TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="18" COLOR="#FFFFFF" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">This page shows up if range generated a 3</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>',pic("yourpic.jpg"),buttons(whereyouwanttogo#, "Ok"));
The Problem is the continue button on the first page. If I click on it nothing happens :( It should randomly go on one of the 3 pages !