FB: Plumber's Life

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
flash1338
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

FB: Plumber's Life

Post by flash1338 »

Hey everyone,

I just released my first tease "Plumber's Life".
I'm open for any criticism and requests/ suggestions for "Plumber's Life 2".

Questions:

- Any bugs?
- How did you like it overall?
- Was it too easy?
- Is it a bad idea to have the option to just come?

Things I already noticed:

- Eating pizza for breakfast ruins your day
- The color for the girlfriend's text is way to dark
- I really want to add metronomes to the next one (have to learn how first)
:wave: I'm the author of 'Plumber's Life' and currently working on a whole new tease. Feel free to pm me for suggestions! :wave:
CIASS
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
I am a: Submissive

Re: FB: Plumber's Life

Post by CIASS »

I think it was a good first tease, but I have one certain thing which bugged me very much

Spoiler: show
In forest when you choose not the bother the girl you go to your home. And while taking a shower the main character acts like he encountered the girl and had some kind of an interaction with her.

If you be careful and try to avoid these kind of plot holes then I think your tease would have been much better.

Alltough thanks for the tease. I appreciate it very much.
flash1338
Explorer
Explorer

Post by flash1338 »

Yeah, I realized that aswell... Didn't really have the motivation to write a whole new story string. I guess I should've just left no option after all.
:wave: I'm the author of 'Plumber's Life' and currently working on a whole new tease. Feel free to pm me for suggestions! :wave:
xman911
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by xman911 »

flash1338 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:47 pm Hey everyone,

I just released my first tease "Plumber's Life".
I'm open for any criticism and requests/ suggestions for "Plumber's Life 2".

Questions:

- Any bugs?
- How did you like it overall?
- Was it too easy?
- Is it a bad idea to have the option to just come?

Things I already noticed:

- Eating pizza for breakfast ruins your day
- The color for the girlfriend's text is way to dark
- I really want to add metronomes to the next one (have to learn how first)

The tease is very good overall and I should say the end part is just perfect. Also the story may be better with just one main line. I hope you will make more teases.

To add metronome sounds you should upload .mp3 file with the sound you like (for example a metronome sound), then go in script and add one line of code before the closing string of the page:

Code: Select all

,sound('sound.mp3')

Where 'sound.mp3' is the name of your sound file.

Here is an example how the code looks like with added sound command. Also you should click "Save" on your Script page so the command wold be actually saved. (this example is for page6#), but you can add it to any page even to a page without timer.

Code: Select all

page6#page(
'<TEXTFORMAT LEADING="2"><P ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT FACE="FontSans" SIZE="18" COLOR="#FFFFFF" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">Text here</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>',
pic("no-006.jpg"),
vert(go(page7#),delay(50sec, page7#))
,sound('sound.mp3')
);
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

I'd make the cereal and walk buttons rather than timers. Having timers for mundane events like that doesn't really encourage people to keep playing. Might have caused some people to rate your tease low as a result before really trying it!
Lestat
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Lestat »

Seeing the rating at the moment (2.0) when yesterday (?) it was at 3.4, or something like that, looks like a bit free and overly harsh rating to me (must be a lot of 1 (undeserved imho) :-| ).

Yes it's not perfect. Yes some paths parts are illogical. But such low rating usually hit for "non tease" (like adds, personnal mail contact tries, etc...) or really really really buggy/unfinishable teases.

Anyway, all that just to say that I think you deserve the average at minima (2,5-3), and I hope these ratings will not discourage you from doing other teases because I see you are a new member, and your tease was far from being totally bad.

Good luck for your next ones :wave:
Gentleman by day :oldtimer: Philosopher by night :hmmm: Pervert by choice :shutup2: Rebel by fate :punk:
flash1338
Explorer
Explorer

Post by flash1338 »

Lestat wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:16 am Seeing the rating at the moment (2.0) when yesterday (?) it was at 3.4, or something like that, looks like a bit free and overly harsh rating to me (must be a lot of 1 (undeserved imho) :-| ).

Yes it's not perfect. Yes some paths parts are illogical. But such low rating usually hit for "non tease" (like adds, personnal mail contact tries, etc...) or really really really buggy/unfinishable teases.

Anyway, all that just to say that I think you deserve the average at minima (2,5-3), and I hope these ratings will not discourage you from doing other teases because I see you are a new member, and your tease was far from being totally bad.

Well thanks for the kind words!
I already have a script for the second one (i did when the rating was around 4 :-D ) and I'll surely keep improving!
The rating is probably that low because people experience one of the two plot holes and give it a 1 straight away, which i understand.
xman911
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by xman911 »

Lestat wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:16 am Seeing the rating at the moment (2.0) when yesterday (?) it was at 3.4, or something like that, looks like a bit free and overly harsh rating to me (must be a lot of 1 (undeserved imho) :-| ).

His score was not that low and the tease is good for a short one. Maybe there is a bug with Milovana and people can't see the pictures so they think it's some stupid nothing. (Milovana is working slow for me today and most pictures won't show)

Rating 2.1 is too low even for a tease without text. Maybe someone can elaborate why he would give such a low score for a flash tease?!