SexScript (yet another sequel to CyberMistress)

We try to keep the advertising to a minimum on Milovana. So if you have a page or product to talk about, please use this forum. Everyone else is welcome to respond with their two cents.
doti
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Dom (Male)

SexScript (yet another sequel to CyberMistress)

Post by doti »

After the end of CyberMistress, some users made replacements. You may have found the last few weeks here : TeaseMe, PCMistress 3 redux and CyberMistress-clone.

I'd like to make a full comparison (state, features, prettyness...), but here I don't want to write an advert for my own work, so here is just the URL where you can download SexScripts 0.91 : http://ss.deviatenow.com.
:beer2:
As for others above, the main goal is to make sure that what happened with older tools does not happen again, so I hope we'll succeed in cooperation. :group:
My sig is your sig.
Quazwierdcev283
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: SexScript (yet another sequel to CyberMistress)

Post by Quazwierdcev283 »

you could write an advert in site and product reviews if you wanted to . . . I think.
Quaz.
Snot
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): I don't but think it could be fun.
Sub/Slave(s): My Wife

Post by Snot »

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what happened to all the old programs that everyone is suddenly trying to rebuild?

I'm guessing they all died horrible deaths long befor I got into this kink because all the ones I've found online really sucked. Well in the sense that it wasn't near as good as the webteases here. Maybe I've been trying to use them the wrong way or something but the ones I've used seemed poorly build with very limited features and a huge lack of content. If they were designed for users submited content this could be a reason I have such a harsh opinion on them since I never used anything that wasn't included in the download.

I haven't looked at any of the ones flooring around the forums now because they seem to be in the construction stages and I don't know anything about programing. It just seems like with all the new programers that have been pouring out of schooles over the last 5 years one of them would be into the kinks found here enough to code a decent program.

I mean really i couldn't four the number of video games I've spent $60 on over the years. As many people as there are that are interested in these kinks I think developing a quality program like this would be a smart move. Mainly because the demographic you would be selling to are all limped into communities just like this one waiting for someone to sell something like this to.

Come on coders... You know how to do it. Put the time into it and we'll put your kids though college. =)

Well at least you could count on my $60
doti
Explorer
Explorer

Post by doti »

@Snot We'll make our best. Then users (and writers) choose. Most (all) of us made a choice of not earning money with it, and (that is related) be linked to a community. For me, the ratio investment / gain is too thin (good modern commercial game/software = paying for pictures, advertising, professionnals of all kinds). Let's see, for this next generation of programs (better than previous), how it evolve during the next monthes/years.

Personnally, I'd like to know what are the features that make someone use a software instead of a website (Flash tease of milovana having an intermediate status - I'm not sure if people behind Milovana will go further).

@Indigo thanks, I didn't know where to put it, as the 3 links in my message are going to multiple sections
My sig is your sig.
Banjo
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by Banjo »

Great to see someone else working on a replacement for the dear departed Cybermistress (seriously, what a sad waste of all that hard work by the dev and all who made content for it).

SexScript sounds like it has a LOT of potential... just a five minute test run made me very happy to see a similar-to-CM layout and interface! From what I read here and examining the program files, it seems like this could be even better than CM (a hard feat!).

I'm not sure if its meant to be a 'virtual dom' like CM was originally intended, but 90% of the great content for Cybermistress actually came from 'routines' anyway, which IMO is what most folks would use the program for anyway... if SexScript is designed to run similar 'routines' (like the example one), that will make it something I would be VERY happy to throw my full support behind it!

The only 'negative' for me personally is if it uses a new scripting language from Cybermistress. I have a lot of content scripted for CM that I would love to 'port' over to SexScript... but it took me a long time to master CM's language, and the thought of learning 'Groovy' makes me a little apprehensive, at least without detailed manual/language notes/tutorials (one of the main reasons CM Freya 'failed', IMO... the script languages changes not being well documented for previous scripters).

On the other hand, I would be happy to learn to program/write for SexScript if it meant an even more powerful and open program than CM was.

I think the best thing so far about SexScript, though, is the little note on the website:
"Alive for long : this tool and website are here to stay, full source code sended on demand."

Maybe not in perfect English (just teasin'! :P ) but the message is clear, and something that makes or breaks a project like this hoping to build a loyal following. Mind you, CM never said it was going anywhere until it shut down... :(

Making the source available is a HUGE step in confidence boosting, though... after what happened with CM I'm frankly very apprehensive about creating stuff for ANY program... what's to say it won't get randomly shut down/removed forever like CM as well? If the source is available, though, then at least that means if the creator does decide to stop work, someone else in the community can take up the mantle and keep things alive.
Kenneth
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by Kenneth »

Snot wrote:Sorry if this is a dumb question but what happened to all the old programs that everyone is suddenly trying to rebuild?

I'm guessing they all died horrible deaths long befor I got into this kink because all the ones I've found online really sucked.
PCMistress 2: development stopped, community inactive.
PCMistress 3: too complicated to attract a lot of new users
VirtualMaster: still in development, but no noticeable new features for years
CyberMistress: shut down

Banjo wrote:.., at least without detailed manual/language notes/tutorials (one of the main reasons CM Freya 'failed', IMO... the script languages changes not being well documented for previous scripters).
Banjo: Kala didn't come with a guide either, the version before that did but the guide was outdated.
As for the changes: they were well documented in topics and there were some script examples ;)

Open source is indeed a boost. Although I'm seeing quite a few clones coming up, but I'm wondering: why don't some of them just team up? :innocent:
---

About CyberMistress, 2005-2011
The CM software is my intellectual property and no one is allowed to distribute it. Use it at your own risk, no support whatsoever. I do not mind the sharing of content which was created for it by 3rd party. My content however is not to be shared.
doti
Explorer
Explorer

Post by doti »

Hello kenneth ! I tried a little to team up with you in fact (about internationalization in vb/vb.net) some years ago, but you were working on freya at this times. Anyway, as it's never said too much : thank you for taking your turn paving the road.
I think these monthes we (I mean all 3 or 4 of us providing a new software) were (happily) surprised of the advent of the others at the same time. (I mean I even updated the webpage of PCM on opendildonics.org).
My sig is your sig.
d3vi0n
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by d3vi0n »

good luck with your project :)
Try GuideMe to play Milovana Teases offline or create your own offline teases with highres images and videos...
Look at Hearts Club or Pilgrim Quest or My Succubus if you wanna see whats possible with GuideMe...
uberbear01
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by uberbear01 »

I just wanted to say thank you for this awesome software! I am someone who loved CyberMistress and used it regularly. Im not a coder but it inspired me to try and write too. So in short, i can see SexScripts filling a big hole!

I love how smooth and familiar is it, there are already lots of great routines on the site too!

So thank you for your work!

As an aside, would anyone know where I might find some of the old cybermistress routines?
He who koops and runs away, lives to koop another day.
arthurb
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by arthurb »

The site seems to be down at the moment :-/

Any news?
Princess Penny's Subject Number 007

On Her Highness's Submissive Service
asd135mt2015com
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
I am a: None of the above

Post by asd135mt2015com »

their website is down, anyone happens to know what happened there?
Mat
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Mat »

arthurb wrote:The site seems to be down at the moment :-/

Any news?
asd135mt2015com wrote:their website is down, anyone happens to know what happened there?
Well if you go to http://deviatenow.com/ (without the ss.) it says:
This account has been suspended.
Either the domain has been overused, or the reseller ran out of resources.
According to the Whois information, it's hosted by yourwebhoster.eu, which has limited data transfer, 25-130 GB depending on the package, it also has limited storage space.

So either too many people have uploaded things, putting it over the disk space limit, or too many people have visited / downloaded scripts taking up the bandwidth limit..

I presume if it's the space limit then it'll be back up when a few things get deleted, if it's too much traffic it might be until the renewal date, listed as Thu 12 May 2016
Banjo
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Banjo »

I'm a bit concerned about the sudden disappearance of SexScripts' site too. No indication from Doti anything was wrong previously, but past experience with CyberMistress has made me very nervous of a repeat of history! :-(

Doti, if you read this (I know you were at least familiar with Milovana), please post to let us loyal SexScripts scripters know what's going on.

From the error messages, I'm getting the feeling it's a problem with the site host in a "we suspended your account for overuse, nonpayment or expired domain". Hopefully the issue is only temporary.

For any other SexScripts users and scripters who read this - Milovana was the only place I could think to post about this - rest assured that if the official site isn't back in a few weeks, I'll take steps to make sure at least my own material and any others I have saved are made available again and the last version of SS available for download (I am *so* glad I got the source a few weeks prior to this!) on an unofficial webpage somewhere, possibly my own blog. Hopefully that won't be needed, though, and Doti will be back soon.

In the meantime as a temporary measure, I've made a public folder where people can download the latest version of SexScripts (will remove it when the site is back up) and my own scripts, along with Mart's impressive Domme script (hope you don't mind, Mart... as a CM vet like me, I thought you'd want this... let me know and I'll take it down if not!). If any other SS coders want their own work added, let me know too.

Emergency link removed

I'll post any further news here in this thread if I learn anything more or when (fingers crossed) the site is back up.

EDIT: SexScripts is back... yay! I've removed my emergency repository link above for now, but if the site ever becomes unavailable again, I'll be sure to do something similar... whatever happens, as Doti says, "SexScripts is here to stay!" In lieu of another place to do so, any issues with SS and attempts to restore content in the future (hopefully never needed!), I will post here first.
Last edited by Banjo on Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pepez
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by pepez »

site working again :)
I cant wait what u Banjo gonna do future :w00t:
doti
Explorer
Explorer

Post by doti »

Sorry to be so late in answering you all here.

It was the bandwidth limit (corresponding to my wallet limit, actually), a sudden increase in traffic - restored at the end of the month, so that was a 5 days closing down. I started to work with mirrors, I'll look for it again.
My sig is your sig.