CyberMistress clone

We try to keep the advertising to a minimum on Milovana. So if you have a page or product to talk about, please use this forum. Everyone else is welcome to respond with their two cents.
gizmo686
Explorer
Explorer

CyberMistress clone

Post by gizmo686 »

I have seen several programs going around these forums lately, and decided to release one I wrote a while ago. It is a cybermistress clone, that should be compatible with scripts written for the original, although not everything has been implemented).

Anyone interested in developing it can find the sourcecode at ./resources/index.html Any changes made to that file take effect when you reload the program. CM.exe was is an offline html viewer using created with Titanium (http://www.appcelerator.com/). Code should work the same as a standard webpage.

At the moment I am working on giving scripts the ability to use javascript. Once I find a way to lock out the 'Titanium' object, I will add that. Any fixes/additions/scripts can be pmed to me, or added to this thread.

EDIT: You can find the program at http://sourceforge.net/projects/cybermistress-c/
Last edited by gizmo686 on Sun May 22, 2011 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MistressAlexa
Explorer
Explorer

Re: CyberMistress clone

Post by MistressAlexa »

Sorry, but where is it located? I think you forgot the URL. :lol:
Kenneth
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by Kenneth »

In no way affiliated with the original CyberMistress, but I am curious about this project and I hope it's a good clone to start and becomes more than just a clone. :)
---

About CyberMistress, 2005-2011
The CM software is my intellectual property and no one is allowed to distribute it. Use it at your own risk, no support whatsoever. I do not mind the sharing of content which was created for it by 3rd party. My content however is not to be shared.
gizmo686
Explorer
Explorer

Post by gizmo686 »

At the moment, the only addition I have planned beyond a clone is giving the scripts full access to the DOM and Javascript (with the exception of the Titanium object)
neo36
Experimentor
Experimentor
Dom/me(s): Little Miss Jay

Post by neo36 »

Nice,

Hopefully can resume writing scripts :-) if this works.
gizmo686
Explorer
Explorer

Post by gizmo686 »

Update:

I have re-uploaded the program with a few bugfixes:
1: All debugging code removed (hopefully)
2: Fixed picture display
3: Fixed maxValue and minValue tags.

If anyone has any other bugs (or patches) please pm me, or post them to this thread.
Also, if someone would like me to, I can also host your content on the main site.
dashkta
Explorer
Explorer

Post by dashkta »

Hey gizmo, I'm a developer and wouldn't mind helping you with the project. What other functionality are you looking for?
gizmo686
Explorer
Explorer

Post by gizmo686 »

@dashkta
At the moment the only thing on my list is giving the client scripts JavaScript access, which I don't see becoming a two person job.

If you can think of any additional features it should have, fell free to work on those.

If anyone who isn't a developer has an idea of something they would like to see incorporated, please post your idea.
markus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by markus »

Hello Gizmo.

When I start CM.exe I get a error message -
diese anwendung konnte nicht gestartet werden weil die anwendungs konfiguration nicht korrekt ist
Means -
This application cannot get started because the application configuration is not correct.

I am running german windows xp sp3.

How to get it to work?
Banjo
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by Banjo »

I get "Error: missing installer and application has additional modules that are needed." :( (running Windows 7 64-bit)

I've been hoping someone would make a good clone of CM since Kenneth bizarrely utterly destroyed all his hard work and 'banned' anyone from using it again (!), leaving any of us who'd spent years working on scripts, etc. for it high and dry. It makes me sad and angry to think that I wasted all those years of work to make others happy, and would love to make my scripts available to the public again... but without a way to run them, my work IS 'useless' right now.

Thus if this is even "just" a clone of CM, I'd be very happy. If it surpasses the original (which I think would be hard, as it was a superb piece of software), that would be amazing. Right now, though, I just want a program that's actually available to everyone, and that will run original CM scripts!

I'd be happy to help however I can with CM-Clone, once I can get the darned thing working! :)

PS I just joined up here... as it seems this is where most of the lost CM community ended up after the site was suddenly shut down.
Kenneth
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Kenneth »

Actually it's not that difficult to make something better. And I'm glad there are so many clones.
I hope at least one of these clones comes near the level of the original program soon, so I finally won't see any illegal distributions anymore. :)

But to all clones I would advise these things

(1) lots of content around, so support the 'old' Kala syntax

(2) for those who knew the syntax: there really is no reason at all to keep flags. They were there before I added 'values', which are much more powerful. Values can easily be enhanced: X seconds before they elapse, specific timestamp,.... See first point: support it but don't mention it in new syntax guides ;)

(3) do not add useless things to the syntax. One of the first clones (back when CM was still available) stole a lot of ideas I mentioned, but made it utterly complex with unneccessary commands which didn't really add any new functionality.
---

The CM software is my intellectual property and no one is allowed to distribute it. Use it at your own risk, no support whatsoever. I do not mind the sharing of content which was created for it by 3rd party. My content however is not to be shared.
gizmo686
Explorer
Explorer

Post by gizmo686 »

To the people having problems with the program, I have been unable to duplicate them on my machine.The one idea i have is to try running it in debug mode. To do this, Download http://www.appcelerator.com/, create a project, and move the folder called resources from the cmclone folder, into the project folder. You will want to re-download my program as well as I just added an easy(er) way to select where to find the content files.

open resources/index.html, and search for the line "debug=false", make this "debug=true". Go back into the appcelterator program, and select the project you created. In the middle tab, you should see a button to test the application, click that.

An prompt will appear asking where it should find the content files. Enter the full path, like "C:\\cm\dontella\", the '\' at the end is important.

If the program load properly, then we have an untraceable problem. If it doesn't, post the end of the command prompt window it opened. If it fails after the main window opens, right-click and select open inspector. Post any error messages their.
Banjo
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by Banjo »

Kenneth wrote:Actually it's not that difficult to make something better. And I'm glad there are so many clones.
I hope at least one of these clones comes near the level of the original program soon, so I finally won't see any illegal distributions anymore. :)

But to all clones I would advise these things

(1) lots of content around, so support the 'old' Kala syntax

(2) for those who knew the syntax: there really is no reason at all to keep flags. They were there before I added 'values', which are much more powerful. Values can easily be enhanced: X seconds before they elapse, specific timestamp,.... See first point: support it but don't mention it in new syntax guides ;)

(3) do not add useless things to the syntax. One of the first clones (back when CM was still available) stole a lot of ideas I mentioned, but made it utterly complex with unneccessary commands which didn't really add any new functionality.
Kenneth, have you thought about helping folks with these 'clones'? I know you (for personal reasons) decided you don't want CM to even *exist* anymore (not just stop updating it, but removed from the internet forever!), but you obviously still have an interest since you're posting here about it. Why not join up with/help out those trying to make a better CM-type program, even if its just giving documentation/code from CM to help support the old syntax/scripts? Like you said in another post, if everyone teamed up, the end product would be far better.

I don't mean this in a nasty way... I still don't agree with (or understand) your "illegal distribution" stance that prevents anyone using CM or its content ever again, but as (I felt, at least) a once-friend of yours, I can't understand how you can still hang around boards/topics like this and not want to be a part of such creative endeavors you yourself broke such amazing ground with. If you'd washed your hands of the idea forever, I'd understand more, I guess.

I know a lot of folks were angry about CM's abrupt and unexpected 'self-destruct'. I was, certainly, but these days I'm more sad about it. So much work by so many (especially you), just gone.

I too hope a good new program can take up the torch, for us creators and 'fans' as much as new users. Sadly, without unity and a community, I don't see such an undertaking becoming widespread or succeeding. IMO, CyberMistress succeeded because it had a good community of people pushing development, creating new content, and generally keeping the site/program/community 'alive'. That's what a CM 'clone' needs *most*, more than a perfect program, IMO... stable and ongoing support from both the creator and users/content creators.
markus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by markus »

gizmo686 wrote:To the people having problems with the program, I have been unable to duplicate them on my machine.The one idea i have is to try running it in debug mode. To do this, Download http://www.appcelerator.com/, create a project, and move the folder called resources from the cmclone folder, into the project folder. You will want to re-download my program as well as I just added an easy(er) way to select where to find the content files.

open resources/index.html, and search for the line "debug=false", make this "debug=true". Go back into the appcelterator program, and select the project you created. In the middle tab, you should see a button to test the application, click that.

An prompt will appear asking where it should find the content files. Enter the full path, like "C:\\cm\dontella\", the '\' at the end is important.

If the program load properly, then we have an untraceable problem. If it doesn't, post the end of the command prompt window it opened. If it fails after the main window opens, right-click and select open inspector. Post any error messages their.
Hello!

I would like to do testing, but this is too complicated. I would need a step by step explanation how to test. What kind of project I must create? And I don`t find the line debug=false, all there is is

//begin debug
Kenneth
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Kenneth »

Banjo wrote: Kenneth, have you thought about helping folks with these 'clones'? I know you (for personal reasons) decided you don't want CM to even *exist* anymore (not just stop updating it, but removed from the internet forever!), but you obviously still have an interest since you're posting here about it.
I'm actually in favor of content surviving, so I'm very happy to see clones; but I do not want any of my work (program or the few sessions I wrote) on the Internet. As long as the program is still being distributed, (new) users still contact me, while I do no longer wish to support *the product*.

In the end, I actually regret having published it on the Internet. At least without any proper way to deactive it.
Why not join up with/help out those trying to make a better CM-type program, even if its just giving documentation/code from CM to help support the old syntax/scripts? Like you said in another post, if everyone teamed up, the end product would be far better.
The code is private, I don't have any documentation or it would have been released; but I'd be glad to comment on the syntax or give my two cents about what can be improved. But again, having learned from the past, I intend to stay low-profile. I'd only come on board - if invited by one of the new creators - as an advisor. I would also only be an advisor for one creator/group of creators.
I don't mean this in a nasty way... I still don't agree with (or understand) your "illegal distribution" stance that prevents anyone using CM or its content ever again.
Yes, that's what I want: the *program* to disappear forever.
As for content: I'm happy to see clones.
---