Collarme.com replacement

We try to keep the advertising to a minimum on Milovana. So if you have a page or product to talk about, please use this forum. Everyone else is welcome to respond with their two cents.
Kenneth
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Re: Collarme.com replacement

Post by Kenneth »

Nothing beats Fetlife. (no pun intended)

As for the plain text password: it was either sent (again) in an email to me or on the website in the profile form. Can't remember which one of the two. Good thing I use extremely lousy and unique passwords for sites which I don't trust.
---

About CyberMistress, 2005-2011
The CM software is my intellectual property and no one is allowed to distribute it. Use it at your own risk, no support whatsoever. I do not mind the sharing of content which was created for it by 3rd party. My content however is not to be shared.
zenlover
Chief Betatester
Chief Betatester
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by zenlover »

Finally seeing some action in the "communications center" there is a domme scheduling a free cam session(although it's a bit of time away) I signed up, and will get an e-mail reminder when it is close to happening. We'll see. And the videos seem to be loading appropriately now. who knows? Maybe something will come of this site. It would be fantastic to See Ms. Julie play with us on this site. :w00t:
KINKY FACT: I'm more of a tease and delay guy than tease & deny... prolong pleasure, but don't deny it! I submit to others on cam shows once a week or so. Contact me to be notified.
slaveashish
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by slaveashish »

zenlover wrote:Those of us who had profiles on Collarme found it to be a great site for real time connections. unfortunately, conflicts between the founders ended up with the site (which was free) closing. I was looking for it this evening and found the backstory, but also found a site that seems to be doing a good job of building its replacement. so far, it's all free and includes a LOT of functionality including webcam. They are trying to get more folks so are running a referral contest, but you guys know I'm an admin here and have been around since the beginning with Seraphox. I'm pretty sure this is a no-bullshit deal, so for your enjoyment (and perhaps with this community I might win the referral contest ;-) Check it out:
http://www.Society31.com/registration.php?ru=18191
Looks like a great site on first impression. BTW did you win the referral contest?
zenlover
Chief Betatester
Chief Betatester

Post by zenlover »

Ha! No, the referral contest is a year long, so I doubt it. My personal Jury is still out on this site. I do believe it has potential, but mot seeing any fun women show up yet. I know fetlife has the ability to broadcast a video now, but you still have to pay a membership, whereas on Society 31 you don't. A dome friend of mine registered at s-31 but was so inundated with bullshit e-mails that she deleted her account soon after. So we'll have to wait and see what happens, The bones of a GREAT site are there, but it has yet to become one.
KINKY FACT: I'm more of a tease and delay guy than tease & deny... prolong pleasure, but don't deny it! I submit to others on cam shows once a week or so. Contact me to be notified.
Kenneth
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Kenneth »

Support email address not working (mails bouncing back), password recovery not working...
---

The CM software is my intellectual property and no one is allowed to distribute it. Use it at your own risk, no support whatsoever. I do not mind the sharing of content which was created for it by 3rd party. My content however is not to be shared.
zenlover
Chief Betatester
Chief Betatester

Post by zenlover »

I wonder what happened to them? I had the same issues, but now all good, but they have deleted all profile photos and asked for a re-upload. Sounds like a server crash with inadequate backup to me....
Severo
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Severo »

It would appear that they were hacked on Christmas Day and they took the site down. Is back now but appears to still have a problem with passwords.
@Severome on twitter
zenlover
Chief Betatester
Chief Betatester

Post by zenlover »

It seems they are gradually getting it together, yes. I wonder if there is a list of all of the sites brought down that day?
Kenneth
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Kenneth »

I'm glad I didn't use one of my normal passwords. I don't trust sites which have my password in plain text in a textbox.

For those in the same situation: turns out you need to email to a gmail address rather than one with the site's domain.
---