Penile Plethysmograph

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: Penile Plethysmograph

Post by Nezhul »

smallhorse
Your posts are cool, but could you please make a detailed instruction (for noobs) on how to build something like that? Starting with the list of components, ending in detailed and explained schematics?
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
smallhorse

Post by smallhorse »

I will try to post some images now.

The prototype of the circuit and the prototype sensor looks like this:
Sensor circuit and sensor
Sensor circuit and sensor
psensor_built.jpg (83.73 KiB) Viewed 4069 times
As you can see the sensor is quite small and can easily fit under a cock-ring or simply be taped to the penis via a medical tape that is easy to remove (I use this tape and it works great). The sensor contains the IR-diode and IR-transistor fixed in an angle to each other to benefit the light-reflection. Both are also fixed in three layers of black foam which are glued to a thin metal stripe which is bent to fit the penis perfectly.

As of the placement of the sensor I made the following image:
Sensor placement
Sensor placement
psensor.jpg (43.63 KiB) Viewed 4489 times
The sensor is fit at the base of the penis right above the scrotum over the Urethra. When you squeeze the pubic muscles the corpus spongiosum gets filled with arterial blood (which later flows into the side-swelling-bodies called Corpus cavernosi). This enlarges the corpus spongiosum and in turn this is detected by the squeeze sensor. I found out that you can also fit the sensor basically anywhere on the penis. Top or bottom etc. however the best results were obtained in the location described above.

Greets,
Smally
Last edited by smallhorse on Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

wow, thanks, I will study and build it, but maybe not this month - I'm afraid I'm busy... :-P

And what PC interface do you use?
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

smallhorse wrote:Here you go.
Kickass! Thanks for the contribution! :smile:
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

Can you also post a photo of the other side of your scheme?
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Dom (Male)
Sub/Slave(s): My serfs
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

Nezhul wrote:wow, thanks, I will study and build it, but maybe not this month - I'm afraid I'm busy... :-P

And what PC interface do you use?

I also ask this as you are imputing an analogue signal.
what is happening if it is a 1 or a 0 input.
and at what voltage is the output flipped.

Les
                                          Lord Les
                                 Be careful what you wish for!

Growing OLD Is Inevitable,
          But Growing UP... Is Optional
                    OR
                              Why do I have to stop being a KID now I can afford it.

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
smallhorse

Post by smallhorse »

Come on :-)

The other side of the schematics is very easy! You can use the output from the sensor as either analog or digital input for the PC-interface of your choice.

The OP-Amp output really goes from 0V (no squeeze) to about 3,5 - 4V (full squeeze).

A normal PC interface can easily measure 0-5V analog input and for digital input normally a signal >2V is seen as digital 1.

Your pc-interface card should have a well documented manual on how to measure analog or digital input!

What exactly is there that you don't understand?

Greets,
Smally
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Dom (Male)
Sub/Slave(s): My serfs
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

schmitt triggers floated through my mind.

I am soooo old school

Les
                                          Lord Les
                                 Be careful what you wish for!

Growing OLD Is Inevitable,
          But Growing UP... Is Optional
                    OR
                              Why do I have to stop being a KID now I can afford it.

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

The other side of the schematics is very easy!
not if you are a noob at electronics like me. )
I can build it myself, after all the scheme you provided is good. But it'll just spare my nerves if I'd see a picture too and could compare the scheme and the picture to understand how it works and how it's built.
smallhorse

Post by smallhorse »

@les: Of course you can use a Trigger to set your own "level" at when a digital 1 is used for output :-) But the sensor actually has a very short rise time up to the maximum of 3.5-4V. So it should be possible to connect it directly to digital input.

Personally I use the analog input, query the port every 50ms or so and make a running average over the last half second or something. If the average is above a certain value it means a squeeze takes place. Since my PC interface card (Note: I use the K8055 from Velleman) has digital input I might give that one a try now too after posting about it :-)

@Nezhul: Well ... just connect the cable I labeled "IO1" on the schematics to a digital or analog input of your PC-interface card of your choice (Arduino, K8055, ...) , connect the ground of the PC-interface card to the Ground of the sensor. And there you go. Ready to read out the values with the software that comes together with the PC-interface-card. And I provided images of all the parts I built. Everything else (pc-interface-card) was bought.
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

Oh, by the way, what stimulation do you apply, and if it's a vibrator, how do you fix it on the penis? I'v thought quite a lot about it over the past year, but didn't manage to think of any really good way to fix a vibrator on. ;-)
smallhorse

Post by smallhorse »

Indeed I use a vibrator... it is a vibrator motor (inside a small cylindrical case) from a Vibrator which I opened up. I fix it close to the head of my penis with a medical-tape that is easy to remove from the skin but still quite sticky. It works very well and keeps the vibrator there no-end :w00t:

A suggestion if you try this, tape the vibrator there when the penis is hard. When you are soft it is easy to musjudge the tightness of the tape as well as the position of the vibrator. And you don't want the tape to be tight or offposition when you're aroused later ... :-P
camel
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by camel »

smallhorse wrote:Since we know that a male orgasm is preceeded by those pubic muscle contractions I am interested if it is the same with female orgasm and if it works the same there, eg. if you stop stimulation when the pubic muscles are squeezed if orgasm can still be reached.
It works the same with women. It's one of my favorite teasing techniques. I insert enough fingers for a tight fit and take my time with my tongue, stopping every time she twitches, and in some cases biting her thigh if I suspect she's not trying hard enough not to twitch. I'm told it's maddening.
smallhorse

Post by smallhorse »

Hey, thanks for the insight. I guess I could also ask my GF to try it out ;-) She is just so ... impatient ... ;-) *g*

Anyway, I slightly improved the design. It is better to use a 2.2k resistor instead of the 33k at R6 in my circuit. Because I found out that the first amplification stage already does amplify each squeeze to about 0.1-0.3 Volts. The second amplification with 33k and the 1k Pot would be 1+33k/pot which means the smallest amplification possible IS already around 33 times. This means each squeeze you give shoots the voltage basically to the maximum possible. However if you use a 2.2k resistor the min amplification is around 2 times. With the pot you can then adjust a lot more. This way you can detect how quick a squeeze is or be more tolerant of small squeezes.

Actually today I found a setting during my testings, where I was able to cum. The setting was however in a way, that the teasing stops like halfway through the squeeze. This was very strange because when the teasing stopped the orgasm was already unstoppable and I continued to squeeze and really came all over. I thought bugger, that now I could not continue some tests, but now for the real interesting part here. Because there was absolute no more teasing the orgasm was very strange. When I started the teasing vibrations again eg. 20 seconds later I was baffled that I was still totally aproaching another orgasm! And the teasing stopped again while I came.... and then it worked a THIRD time! ...

I have never ever experienced something like this. If this is what women feel during multiple orgasms I think I might get addicted :-) Not sure if I will ever manage something like that again, but it certainly was very strange and at least for me prooves that multiple orgasms IS possible in male persons! Perhaps it was some sort of combination of the strange squeeze-teasing, my arousal-state, my mind and whatever else ... I will certainly try reaching that again ;-) *G*
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

From your description it looks like a casual ruined orgasm. It's when the stimulation stops right when you go past the edge, so you ejaculate without any more stimulation.