Penile Plethysmograph

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: Penile Plethysmograph

Post by Nezhul »

that was answer to me or to someone else? If to me, I didn't get it - I didn't asked about the bondage - but about the orgasm sensor...
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Dom (Male)
Sub/Slave(s): My serfs
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

Nezhul wrote:that was answer to me or to someone else? If to me, I didn't get it - I didn't asked about the bondage - but about the orgasm sensor...
Sorry wrong thread should have been in fail safe
now is

les
                                          Lord Les
                                 Be careful what you wish for!

Growing OLD Is Inevitable,
          But Growing UP... Is Optional
                    OR
                              Why do I have to stop being a KID now I can afford it.

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
smallhorse

Post by smallhorse »

Just wanted to tell everyone that I did some more experimenting :-)

As stated previous and done in my earlier experiments, the penile plethysmography indeed has the ability to detect the circumference changes during pubic muscle contractions. The indium-gallium gages are indeed very sensitive. However I think that they are too fragile for non-experiment setups. As stated on the producers site, normally they are SINGLE-USE only and I don't think for hygienically reasons only. I really would like to experiment with stretchable electric silicone. I need to find a manufacture that produces thin enough conductive silicone to make an easily stretchable "cock-ring" sensor type. Just imagine, having a cock-ring that can measure your orgasm-closeness :-) So if you want to order and donate me some thin stretchable silicone so I can built such a thing you are very welcome! :-)

Anyway, I also did some other experiments that are very promising but in early stages. You can measure blood-flow (or actually blood-"filledness" of a tissue) with infrared-light. This is the principle of pulse-sensors. The send an infrared-light into the tissue (eg. finger) and it is reflected by the blood-cells. Arterial blood reflects more light than venous blood. Soooo, how can this be used? Well, I built a simple infrared-emitter and infrared-receiver that you can strap to the base of your penis. When you contract the muscles, your penis gets flooded with more blood and the reflected infrared light changes. This change is MUCH bigger than the change during pulse-measurement. I have not experimented with pulse-sensing, but it might be possible to use this sensor for both, pulse-measurement as well as contraction-measurement at the same time. Sounds good, doesn't it? :-)

My first experiments with this technique were promising, I simply used a medical-tape to wrap the sensor to my penis. The measurements were very good ... BUT ... (always a but) I noticed that when the penis is fully grown and the wrap gets tight the sensor is pressed so tight to the penis, that there is no blood-increase anymore in this area during contractions. I will try fixing it with some elastic material, to allow growth and still keep the sensor tight to the penis.

I will keep you posted.
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

I think that if you are making hands-free teasing machine you don't need really tight contact of the sensor with the penis. So soft silicone ring should be fine to push the sensor against skin, but not make it too tight.

p.s. Can you post some links? ;-)
smallhorse

Post by smallhorse »

Yes I thought so as well. Perhaps the IR-emitter and receiver can be mounted on such a soft silicone ring a little bit apart, so that when the circumference widens, they get pushed apart a tiny little bit :-D . This would lead to even more change in the reflected light, making it more independent of the blood flow. I will have to test how far they can be placed apart. :-P

Posting links? About what exactly would you like to have links? :-) :blush:
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

for example links to sensor you'v used... I can understand what is it, but just a little. A link to exact device (I mean sensor) or at least exact model you'v used would be cool.
smallhorse

Post by smallhorse »

Oh, sorry to disappoint you, there are no links I can provide for you. I built the sensor myself.
It is nothing special, just an IR-emitter and IR-receiver diode. You can find them in any part-store of your choice really :smile:

The IR-receiver diode changes resistance based on how much IR light it catches from the emitter (and actually from all light sources, thous it has to be shielded). The circuit to detect the resistance changes is quite similar to what has been posted in this thread already. A simple bridge. I am experimenting with some changes though, but it is all very experimental and changes each time I do some testing :-)

If I have the breakthrough I am sure to post it here, don't worry. By the way, I dug out a very old silicone penile ring I had totally forgotten and never used actually because it is much too soft. Using this to fix the sensor showed much better readings during contractions :-P
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

Tryed to google some, but the links there are how to make something interesting of a TV remote controller (it uses IR too). But I don't really know will it work, because IR light there seems to be very VERY weak. Or am I mistaken?
smallhorse

Post by smallhorse »

The IR light does not need to be strong. You don't want to send IR light THROUGH the penis :w00t:
The emitter and receiver I have are quite weak as well. The distance I can move the emitter from the receiver is just about a handspan before it stops detecting it's light.

About circuits, I found some, but have not built them exactly like this. Actually I have not built much of a circuit around the sensor as of now. I am just experimenting in different setups to detect the changes etc. But you might like to look at things like this:

http://zedomax.com/blog/2006/10/22/diy- ... e-monitor/
http://www.emant.com/694006.page
http://electronicdesign.com/article/com ... r6343.aspx
http://focus.ti.com/docs/solution/folde ... t/330.html

There are so many links. Just search for something like "build heart rate monitor" ... and you should find plenty! ;-)
impulse321
Explorer
Explorer

Post by impulse321 »

smallhorse wrote:Just wanted to tell everyone that I did some more experimenting :-)

As stated previous and done in my earlier experiments, the penile plethysmography indeed has the ability to detect the circumference changes during pubic muscle contractions. The indium-gallium gages are indeed very sensitive. However I think that they are too fragile for non-experiment setups. As stated on the producers site, normally they are SINGLE-USE only and I don't think for hygienically reasons only. I really would like to experiment with stretchable electric silicone. I need to find a manufacture that produces thin enough conductive silicone to make an easily stretchable "cock-ring" sensor type. Just imagine, having a cock-ring that can measure your orgasm-closeness :-) So if you want to order and donate me some thin stretchable silicone so I can built such a thing you are very welcome! :-)
Greetings all,

Smallhorse, your work on a photo-plethy sounds good, but one has to be careful that motion artifacts don't mess up the signal.

You expressed interest in (conductive, I assume) stretchable materials. Here are a couple links:
http://www.kobakant.at/DIY/?p=879 (An index of flexible/bendable conductive materials)

http://www.imagesco.com/sensors/stretch-sensor.html (US vendor for a conductive-rubber cord sensor)

http://www.merlinsystemscorp.co.uk/inde ... r-5cm.html (UK vendor, product looks similar to the one above)

http://www.happystim-usa.com/catalog/c1_p1.html (Another source of conductive rubber; unclear if it's good for sensing)

I think that these (esp. the imagesco/merlinsystems ones) will work as well as the indium gauge -- and probably better, since the resistance is higher (a better match to op-amp circuits.)

I haven't tried this yet, but I hope to get around to it one of these days. In any case, don't let my slow rate of progress hold any of you back. If you get anything like the above, please post about how well it works, and/or any problems you run into.

Thanks,
smallhorse

Post by smallhorse »

Back again with another update :-)

I dumped the conductive rubber idea because of some drawbacks I could imagine:
1) Probably you can't use any E-Stim (electro-sex) unit together with such a device
2) If you build a strain-gage or conductive-rubber gage you are dependent on the diameter of the penis of the user and to have the right gage for the right diameter.
3) The gage/rubber needs to be able to stretch from flaccid to hard-on and be sensitive enough to detect small changes.
4) It might be hard to put-on and stay on in all situations
5) It probably will wear out after some usage, tear or loosen or something

Because of those thoughts I continued in the infrared direction. I changed my infrared-hardware and my sensor-circuit and built a prototype public-squeeze sensor around a month back. Since then I am testing it and it works very well. It has the following benefits:
1) You could use E-Stim :-) Since the sensor is light-based (I have not tried though)
2) It is totally independent of the diameter of the penis. One sensor fits-it-all :-)
3) Sensitive no matter if you are flaccid or rock-hard. However when you are flaccid there actually is no blood flow to detect :-) So you could trick the sensor by cuming in such a state. No clue how you manage that though when you are aroused :-) At least I can't :-)
4) It is simple to put on. You can tape it on, you can stick it beneath a cock-ring. Hell you could even build a cockring with this sensor integrated (I tested it!).
5) It will not wear out, since there is nothing to wear out... it just contains some infrared emitter and receiver diodes.
6) It is quite motion-resistant. This means you can move as long as there is no sudden blood-flow in your penis... (eg. squeeze the pubic muscles, hump something, swing your ding :-)). Oh ... and since it is motion resistant it also does not care if you tape a vibrator to your penis during usage.
7) It does not care about ambient-light (the ir-sensor is light-proof when on the penis) or electric interference. The circuit does some noise filtering (though the sensor does not really pick up much noise)

My experiments were of course during self-bondage. I have this small program that I wrote (I told you before I think) that can control two vibrator motors. I coupled this program with my new sensor and bingo. Suddenly I had a devilish teasing machine. I usually use a buttplug and a small vibrating-bullet which I tape close to the head of my penis. Those two can bring me to the edge when full-powered in no time.
So, imagine being bound with no way out and something driving you insane and to the edge and you want to cum but when you are like a breath away it stops ... it is HORRIBLE ... :w00t: in a good way of course :blush:

I will post some pictures if you like and tell you more about the circuit and sensor.

For those techies of you that want some info on the circuit. It is VERY simple. In fact even simpler than all the circuits we posted on this thread so far. We all had some wrong thoughts. For example. We don't need a wheatstone-bridge. A wheatstone-bridge is for measuring the total-resistance of a sensor. However when you think about a squeezing of pubic-muscles. We actually don't care about how much resistance a sensor has before and during the squeeze. All we want to know is that the resistance changes during the squeeze. So, we can use a DC-blocking-capacitor to take out the DC-bias voltage. This essentially makes the sensor self calibrating. No matter what the base resistance of the sensor (base state of penis) only a resistance change will be measured. Couple that with cheap OP amp (the INA122 is overkill here!), then couple it with a low-pass filter and with another stage of OP amp and there you are... I think the parts cost like less than 5EUR or something...

So, I am curious about further suggestions you have for me :-) Further devices/sensors you are interested in etc. Give me some ideas. :wave:

Greets,
Smally
cal
Explorer
Explorer

Post by cal »

smallhorse wrote:Back again with another update :-)

My experiments were of course during self-bondage. I have this small program that I wrote (I told you before I think) that can control two vibrator motors. I coupled this program with my new sensor and bingo. Suddenly I had a devilish teasing machine. I usually use a buttplug and a small vibrating-bullet which I tape close to the head of my penis. Those two can bring me to the edge when full-powered in no time.
So, imagine being bound with no way out and something driving you insane and to the edge and you want to cum but when you are like a breath away it stops ... it is HORRIBLE ... :w00t: in a good way of course :blush:
Wow this sounds awesome, like a sceince fiction tease and denial story come true. This is somthing that you need to market because it is a dream come true for people like me. Mybe at least sell the kits to make them.

I am very impressed.

Cal
mrbob203
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by mrbob203 »

I am *VERY* interested in seeing pictures and knowing more about the circuit, as well as knowing more details about how accurate this is. If it really can detect the edge of orgasm consistently, I'm definitely going to try building one of these.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

smallhorse wrote:I will post some pictures if you like and tell you more about the circuit and sensor.
Please do! Even if it's just a component list! Definitely interested in rebuilding this.
smallhorse

Post by smallhorse »

Sorry for not being able to update with more details yet.
As this thing is definitly working very well I was really looking into options to at least secure my position if someone should find a commercial interest in it. Not sure someone will, but if, at least a Patent Pending sound great ;-)

Anyway, I will give you more details when I find time. Hopefully in near future! The part list is very simple, I will try writing it down for you soon. You just need a PC-Interface card that has an Analog input where you can measure voltage or a Digital input might work as well since actually Squeeze=1 No_Squeeze=0 and you could measure for how long the squeeze is.

Since the thing is working so well I noticed a behavioral change in myself. When I did Selfbondage before I did struggle a lot more. Enjoying the feeling of being bound as it was turning me on and giving me a kick.

Now, I have programmed my "teasing bondage program" in such a way, that it brings me to the edge in like 10-15 minutes by ramping up the vibrations and showing erotic images on the screen until I just can not take it anymore without squeezing an inch away from orgasm. Then when I squeeze of course it completely turns off the stimulation of the penis (and afterwards showing some very naughty turn-on pictures for me as "punishment"). This leaves me totally frustrated of course. The vib-off-delay lasts longer when I squeeze my muscles during the off-delay time. Before inventing this device I did squeeze a lot while pulling against my bondage. But now ... I try to keep as still as possible, so the teasing will start again sooner. It is very strange since I know that it won't allow me to orgasm, but yet I still crave for the teasing... and the more I struggle and squeeze, the longer I won't be teased...

So actually by turning off the teasing in certain situations I think you could easily train yourself to do things. If there is something you can measure with a sensor to turn it off it can be done :-)

What do you think about those ideas.
*) Build in a Microphone and stop the teasing if the subject does NOT moan loud enough or not often enough (or if it is too close to orgasm of course)
*) Or other way round, build in a Mic and turn off teasing IF the subject is not quiet.
*) Some form of punishment built in the system (eg. tiny elektroshocks or whatever) which the subject can apply to itself with the press of a button. And if the subject squeezes his muscles without having applied enough shocks beforehand the teasing will stop and it will get automated shocks from the system during the off-delay. To make it more mean you could randomize the number of shocks the subject has to apply to itself so it never knows if it has applied enough shocks to himself to avoid bigger punishment at near orgasm...

A few more ideas that I have in some form of planning stage or further...
*) An failsafe elektromagnetic release mechanism so there is no more "ice" dependence that will unlock after a maximum time or in case of a power-failure (propably might as well check room temperature for fire safety etc.)
*) A fucking robot which is a bit intelligent and can sensor the depth of insertion. Eg. it is safe as it will not push too deep and mean enough because it will keep pushing at preprogrammed depths even if you try to struggle away. So there is no chance to avoid it really...

Got more ideas? :-)

Greets
Smally

PS: I have one more question... to the female members of this board should there be any :-) Or perhaps you could ask some females you know to give me an answer. Since we know that a male orgasm is preceeded by those pubic muscle contractions I am interested if it is the same with female orgasm and if it works the same there, eg. if you stop stimulation when the pubic muscles are squeezed if orgasm can still be reached.