EMG doesn't work! Or so I've found so far.

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
krishpants
Explorer
Explorer

EMG doesn't work! Or so I've found so far.

Post by krishpants »

So anyone who's like me and has been testing everything they can think of will maybe like to hear about a failure as much as a success to the elusive edge detector.

Recently I tried a 3 pole EMG sensor in the rectum with the ground reference on the perineum. (This is a way to measure muscle contractions across a specific muscle, essentially the voltage reading changes the more a muscle is contracted)

So there I was with a laptop and lots of lines of code, a readout display graph and wires going into my pants, frankly, anyone who could see me would think they had a faulty telescope.

What I was able to do is totally measure and graph any tensing in that area, however, my findings did not provide me with any reliable edge detection.

The readings spiked with all sorts of other muscle contractions like leg movements and would totally change their baseline depending on the exact body position.

Then to add to the frustration! Edging seemed to give no tangible readouts correlating to closeness. I think it would be possible to detect the PONR but no spikes happened before that.

A lesson learned to anyone thinking of trying it out but if anyone has any thoughts on electrode placement or software calibration that I have not thought of then I would love to hear about it.
mr-max
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Re: EMG doesn't work! Or so I've found so far.

Post by mr-max »

Bummer
krishpants
Explorer
Explorer

Post by krishpants »

Hi Yes I have seen an idea using an air pressure sensor from a small inflatable buttplug, this would be easy enough to do but I fear it will probably have the same results as the EMG as technically that should have been measuring the same thing.

The issue was is that with the EMG I could actually measure distinct contractions but as you all know! it is quite possible to edge without contracting at all until climax.
krishpants
Explorer
Explorer

Post by krishpants »

Hmm, yes it's a fair point, I may be likening them to the same thing without testing.

I do have a couple of air pressure sensors which I can test with to see if they provide a useful reading but they are currently within my Venus 2000 (I use them to measure the pressure in the system to count loops and work out where to stop the receiver so it's not about to fall off)

I might pull one of them out and see if they do anything useful when connected to an inflatable plug or something.
hosenguy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by hosenguy »

There are a lot of us that would like to have the orgasm detection perfected, or maybe not, at least not all the time.

Here is a link from here that has a lot of stuff in it. You can get a lot of info and maybe have success.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3217&hilit=orgasm+detection

have jun!
krishpants
Explorer
Explorer

Post by krishpants »

So!

As it turns out a 40kp pressure sensor is a lot more reliable than my EMG method!!

I have got some basic averaging code working which can reliably pick up tensing spikes and I am going to try and hook that into my digitally controlled vibrator arrangement later this week.
krishpants
Explorer
Explorer

Post by krishpants »

This is the above vibrator is anyone is interested, basically, I took a 12v magic wand, terminated it with a 6.5mm mono audio Jack, then the box contains a 12v motor controller programmed by a Wifi enabled the microcontroller (Spark Photon). You put 12v DC in the other side and hey presto! A wifi programable vibrator.

About £35 for the box and you can use any sort of 12v vibrator you want.

29356610_10155346569218302_6604770239290802176_o.jpg
29356610_10155346569218302_6604770239290802176_o.jpg (339.03 KiB) Viewed 4543 times
krishpants
Explorer
Explorer

Post by krishpants »

Oh WOW, ok so this worked really well super predictable edging, Just need to iron out some code issues but the below configuration works superbly!

IMG_0668.jpg
IMG_0668.jpg (508.5 KiB) Viewed 4538 times
krishpants
Explorer
Explorer

Post by krishpants »

Well if anyone has any experience in making cases and that sort of thing, do let me know.

I think a publicly available version would have to be a bit more user-friendly!
hosenguy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by hosenguy »

Very interesting project.
Could you elaborate on the human interface part a little more? I understand the pressure sensor and the tubing, but can you explain how you use the pumping bulb and what is the small probe?
Most curious..........
krishpants
Explorer
Explorer

Post by krishpants »

the small probe is erroneous, what is not pictured is a small inflatable plug. The white nozzle is just a bit of plastic to connect to the inflator tube.

The pump bulb is used to inflate the plug, just a small amount of air seems to be best, the plug wants to be compressible and not under too much pressure. I am only using a 25kpa sensor and it hits the limit if the plug is too inflated, also under too much pressure, the sensitivity to clenching seems to decrease massively.

Essentially I keep a running average of the pressure in the plug over time and detect for any sudden rises due to twitching in the bum, at that point the vibrator is coded to turn off until the pressure lowers and stabilizes, plus an extra delay which can be user set.

Then it turns on again!

I also found that suddenly turning on the vibrator cause a sudden involuntary twitch which would trigger the stop mechanism, as such the vibrator now ramps up in speed over 10 - 30 user settable seconds.

Initial testing suggests its quite effective and after a few bug fixes it seems to be quite hard to "defeat"
modnar
Explorer
Explorer

Post by modnar »

Hey - You are on the right tracks with the buttplug and pressure sensor.

I have a friend on FetLife who is in the process of finishing off said device. There was also another guy that worked on a similar version called "nogasm" which can be found here https://github.com/nogasm/nogasm
PaladinDD
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by PaladinDD »

You can actually buy that Nogasm device: https://www.tindie.com/products/NedS/nogasm-v1/

This is what it seems to look like: http://orgasmscience.com/

Anyone wants to give it a try and let us know if it is worth the money?
modnar
Explorer
Explorer

Post by modnar »

Seems to of come down in price.

I have built one before and used it. Don't expect to get it out and it works perfectly straight away. It does take some initial setting up with terms of correct pressure etc. Are you any good with electronics?
PaladinDD
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by PaladinDD »

modnar wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 10:44 am I have built one before and used it. Don't expect to get it out and it works perfectly straight away. It does take some initial setting up with terms of correct pressure etc. Are you any good with electronics?
Unfortunately not. I always wanted to get into building stuff but never actually had the time to get started. The Arduino and soldering iron have been covered in dust for a long time now ;-)