Software controlled Tremblr / Venus 2000

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
krishpants
Explorer
Explorer

Software controlled Tremblr / Venus 2000

Post by krishpants »

So I've lurked here for ages and every time I've gone to post I remembered you needed an invite code. Anyway today I finally made the effort and got one.

A while back I automated my Venus 2000 and I tried to make the controller usable by the public but frankly, after some expensive setbacks I gave up on that.

More recently I purchased the new Tremblr Machine which works much the same way as a Venus 2000 except it has a wireless remote rather than all those leads. It's newish on the market so doesn't quite have the popularity of the Venus yet.

Due to this wireless remote, I thought it would be way easier to mess around with than the Venus is.

This weekend I have managed to replicate the remote on my phone and also programmed a simple edging sequence of 10 different speeds and pauses.

I have also implemented an optical position sensor to allow me to count strokes and most importantly, have the receiver stop in a position it won't fall off.

Here is a link to my blog post showing it in action, some of my earliest posts also show my now abandoned venus controller.

http://kinkdifferent.tumblr.com/post/17 ... ng-machine

I also would like to implement an air pressure sensor to automate the suck on an suck off buttons and obviously, some sort of edge sensor would be perfect though I have never had ANY luck with this despite LOTS of rather wacky attempts.

Let me know your thoughts
modnar
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: Software controlled Tremblr / Venus 2000

Post by modnar »

Hey Krish,

Just joined here and come across your post. I did roughly the same thing but found the remote method not too impressive (Especially if I sent the "Stop Command" but it didn't execute) - I think we have a lot of noise here as the same happens with my remote with fresh batteries. I opted to creating my own PCB in the end which gave me more control but I also kept the RF remote functionality. I then integrated it into an application called "Dweeb" which was quick and simple, allowing remote control over the internet of the device.

Regarding the pressure sensor, I don't know if you tested but that's the method I used to see the position of the stroke. The air pressure varies depending on motor position.

Did you do any more with your project?
G3General
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by G3General »

Tremblr on discount

http://f-machine.com/index.php/tremblr- ... out-detail

Pretty fucking "cheap" if you ask me. I could NEVER afford a Venus or Tremblr at full price. But when I saw this I took the leap,
mainly because they say "while stock lasts" which may or may not be a gimmick to sell more.

£299+£15 in shipping
darkwarriorzer0
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by darkwarriorzer0 »

Very cool project!

Do you mind expanding on your arduino/microcontroller set up a bit?
Due to this wireless remote, I thought it would be way easier to mess around with than the Venus is.
And I'd love to know how you ended up interfacing in this way!

Awesome project, and gave your tumblr a follow as well! Thanks for sharing.
JamesArker
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by JamesArker »

G3General wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 8:43 pm Tremblr on discount

Pretty fucking "cheap" if you ask me. I could NEVER afford a Venus or Tremblr at full price. But when I saw this I took the leap,
mainly because they say "while stock lasts" which may or may not be a gimmick to sell more.

£299+£15 in shipping
Good spot! I was fortunate enough to nab the last one.
modnar
Explorer
Explorer

Post by modnar »

If you can afford it, buy a Venus 2000 receiver. Personally I had a better experience with that then the ones shipped. At the time I brought they didn't offer a custom receiver.
G3General
Explorer
Explorer

Post by G3General »

modnar wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:26 pm If you can afford it, buy a Venus 2000 receiver. Personally I had a better experience with that then the ones shipped. At the time I brought they didn't offer a custom receiver.
Does it make that much of a difference?
The tremblr receiver is pretty good but I haven't tried any other machines like this so I have nothing to compare it to....
G3General
Explorer
Explorer

Post by G3General »

JamesArker wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:23 pm

£299+£15 in shipping
Good spot! I was fortunate enough to nab the last one.
Good to know one of the fine peoples of Milovana got it.
Mission complete :)
thejc
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by thejc »

modnar wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:30 pm I opted to creating my own PCB in the end which gave me more control but I also kept the RF remote functionality. I then integrated it into an application called "Dweeb" which was quick and simple, allowing remote control over the internet of the device.
Any chance you'd share your app and PCB details? I recently ordered a tremblr but I've never really done any code writing.
krishpants
Explorer
Explorer

Post by krishpants »

modnar wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:30 pm
Regarding the pressure sensor, I don't know if you tested but that's the method I used to see the position of the stroke. The air pressure varies depending on motor position.

Did you do any more with your project?
Just a follow-up! I did indeed try using the pressure for the position sensor... and it works!

I know what you mean about the remote, I did get a fairly reliable RF working by sending the signal for a few repeats rather than just the once. This was enough to guarantee it worked without multiple instructions.

One annoying part of the motion sensing method is that the inertia of the motor caused it to overshoot on the stop instruction by varying amounts depending on the speed of travel (and resistance). In the end, I resorted to decelerating the motor first to say the minimum speed of the tremblr and then stopping during that final rotation. Not Ideal I know.

I know its more faff than most people want to hear about but I feel like a hybrid stepper would solve everything! Actually, I do have an old Venus 200 which I'm thinking of modifying to accommodate a hybrid stepper motor rather than the default motor.

Krish
modnar
Explorer
Explorer

Post by modnar »

thejc wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:58 am Any chance you'd share your app and PCB details? I recently ordered a tremblr but I've never really done any code writing.
- Hey, well it was more of a strip-board style than a custom built PCB, but I don't have any schematic's because I just added as I built. I may release them in the future, but the built in "stall detection" isn't quite right yet, and may require a few hardware tweaks. To be fair, the Tremblr PCB that came never detected a stall for me even though it seems to have some stall detection hardware... Unless it's being used for something else.

krishpants wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:46 pm Just a follow-up! I did indeed try using the pressure for the position sensor... and it works!
- Hey, I ended up scrapping the pressure sensor, and resorted to using a rotary encoder which gives me much more accurate resolution. I get what you mean regarding the "stop instruction". A rotary encoder does allow me to control it better. Slower speeds allows me to stop it on the spot, but higher speeds as you say, requires a slow down before a final spot point.

I assume it would need to be a beefy stepper motor which would take some space up, but very interesting idea.
matman
Explorer
Explorer

Post by matman »

Have you thought of combining this with a pressure sensor attached to a inflatable anal plug similar to the nogasm (on git) to detect the closeness to orgasm? It imagine you'd be able to have an amazing edging/ruined orgasm machine then.
vitesse
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Slave

Post by vitesse »

£299+£15 in shipping
You where more than lucky, they are now 449 pound with is way more expensive. Hopefully they will comme down as low as you paid eventually. 299 is in my budget range, but 449 is not.

For people that have tried it, is it worth it? How cool is it? The only think I have ever tried is a Realtouch device.
G3General
Explorer
Explorer

Post by G3General »

vitesse wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:24 am

£299+£15 in shipping
You where more than lucky, they are now 449 pound with is way more expensive. Hopefully they will comme down as low as you paid eventually. 299 is in my budget range, but 449 is not.

For people that have tried it, is it worth it? How cool is it? The only think I have ever tried is a Realtouch device.
Well, what can I say. I have had mine for a while now, and even though its fun, its not fantastic. Its far from my favorite toy.
And why is that? Like so many other things, its far more fun when someone else is controlling what happens to you. So if it could somehow be hooked up like the fleshlight launch, it would be golden.

The device kinda lacks options you know. It sucks your dick, and thats about it. I tried it on my balls, which was alright but not ideal because I had to hold it the entire time.

I have just ordered an inflateable buttplug just to see if i can hook up the tremblr to that. Alot of testing has to be made before insertion though so nothing unexpected happens when its nestled on my prostate. Could a cheapish plug "blow up" if to much air is pressed into it with no release valve?

If anyone else has ideas/experience on fun ways to use tremblr/venus, please let me know. :wave:
cfs6t08p
Explorer
Explorer

Post by cfs6t08p »

I can confirm that the tremblr works with inflatable toys and it is indeed a fun ride :innocent:

I found a suitable adapter at a local car enthusiast shop that mates the large diameter tubing from the tremblr with the standard? smaller diameter used in inflatable toys.

With the adjustment controls on the remote you can control the level of inflation which is very convenient. Depending on the toy used, the maximum setting can be quite intense! Be safe!

Obviously the tremblr was not designed to be used in this manner and it probably puts more stress on the machinery than usual, at high speed it tends to stall out with the red over-current LED coming on but I find that running it at lower speeds is more interesting anyway :rolleyes: