Self bondage mag lock

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
dark0512
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Self bondage mag lock

Post by dark0512 »

I was looking at this:
http://www.orgasmalley.com/som/TRRS-userguide.pdf
That one is $175...granted, mag locks are not that expensive. I want one that uses a regular plug (I’m not good with wiring...maybe I can just splice a power adapter for the cheaper ones that are just power cables if someone knows more about it?). The idea is for it to be operated on a timer I plug into the wall...just not sure if anyone else (excluding the timer) has seen them any cheaper anywhere else, since they’re really not that expensive, the plug in power adapter is what keeps getting me from the $60 mark to around $140.
Goatan
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Re: Self bondage mag lock

Post by Goatan »

I have used exactly this I had an old multi-voltage converter and you absolutely can cut the end off and wire it straight into the mag lock. FYI the mag log is the same as used in offices to hold doors open or closed. What you want to do is achevable
hosenguy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by hosenguy »

The device you describe is very doable and is done in many threads. You need to research a bit more.
My concern is safety.

1. There must be an override to the magnet while the timer still says there is a half hour left. What if the house catches fire? OK that is extreme but I will love the title of your obituary when you are found still attached and are a dead man stimming.

2. What if there is a malfunction of your brain by setting the level too high or the amplifier decides to do that for you?

3. What if a trusted relative with a key to your house arrives? :no: Or the police because a neighbor thinks you are suspicious.

4. You need to have a failsafe wiring arrangement so if the timer fails you are still released sometime before dinner and not next week. Same if you use our computer for the timer or control. This usually means the power should be from a battery that runs out of juice shortly after you expected to be released.

If you are a member of Smartstim.com you should search for this topic as they have it well covered.

Good luck to you and stay healthy.
Electro
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Electro »

hosenguy - You have made a blanket assumption this person is into estim and I just glanced through their posts and see none that are part of an estim thread. Directing someone to smartstim doesn't make much sense to me. Perhaps a site like forum.boundanna.net or www.boundanna.com might be the best place where magnetic locks have been discussed on substantially.

Milovana has over 7200 completed webteases, only 18 are estim. I realize many of us estim folks see this as one of the best platforms for interactive estim, but we're a small part relative to the rest of the site.

I agree with the safety concerns you said though. A backup/emergency release is mandatory for safer self bondage.
hosenguy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by hosenguy »

Electro wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:16 pm hosenguy - You have made a blanket assumption this person is into estim and I just glanced through their posts and see none that are part of an estim thread. Directing someone to smartstim doesn't make much sense to me. Perhaps a site like forum.boundanna.net or www.boundanna.com might be the best place where magnetic locks have been discussed on substantially.

Milovana has over 7200 completed webteases, only 18 are estim. I realize many of us estim folks see this as one of the best platforms for interactive estim, but we're a small part relative to the rest of the site.

I agree with the safety concerns you said though. A backup/emergency release is mandatory for safer self bondage.
Your observation is correct as I do have stimming on my brain. Chang the word "Stimming" to "bound" in item 1 and delete item 2 from my previous post and it should fit in.

There are indeed many places to get information regarding bondage. I realize Smartstim is not the easiest place to get into, or to search, but they have a complete set of drawings and information showing the mag lock of this type. Also it is mostly do it yourself which he did state. I have not researched bondage systems for a number of years because any setup you build with these parts lasts a long time. Boundanna did not come to mind.

Anyway we need to help out when needed.