V2000 aux controller

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
hosenguy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

V2000 aux controller

Post by hosenguy »

I have thought about building speed controller for a V2k device for a while. I have the technology but I need input.
My vision is old school like myself.
I have a home made pump working like the aforementioned stroker. I will call this machine "the stroker" from here on. It ain't a V2K. enough said about that. I do have their receiver and liners.

1. I intend to use Arduino as the controller. Cheap, simple, and the software to program it is in the public domain.
2. Speed control and custom stroke patterns are the main intent.
3. I intend this to be via the computer to program the Arduino. Their will be a number of defined patterns and a random speed program. This will allow stand alone variance when using the stroker machine.
4. The old school simple interface that I think I want to include is a DTMF control module. This means that any DTMF (initially 3 digit) will trigger a speed or a routine.

Think about this and provide me feedback.

I can provide the schematics that are all available as modules to breadboard from many sources.

Most of you likely can code better than me but I will give freely what I write for myself.

DTMF will work over the internet for remote control from friends. The DTMF can be prerecorded, keypad optional, software simulator available.

DTMF in a quick burst during a PMV or CH could change the stroker's speed or routine, or pause it.

The DTMF could be put in a separate audio channel if it annoys you. I have quad audio working now with estim.

I would like to also make this compatible with the real V2k if anyone has one that can give me the proper parameters to do so.

Drawbacks include the fact that the stroker is a DC motor on a PWM controller and has lag time to speed up and slow down/stop. My tests indicate that this is a very minor issue compared to the improvement this provides.

Now it is your turn to reply.