DIY StereoStim aka Davey Box POLL

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.

Would you like a build your own stereostim box guide?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:06 am

Total votes: 0

Tzahrkiya
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

DIY StereoStim aka Davey Box POLL

Post by Tzahrkiya »

Hey folks, I`ve been getting a few pm`s from people who have taken the plunge and are trying to build there own boxes....

I just wondered if in general people would like me to make a step by step guide either with pictures or even a video or better both on how to build your own box.

I`ve created a poll for this which i`ll leave open for 1 week to see what the outcome is.

Would very much appreciate everyones feedback on this even if its just to click yes or no :)

thanks
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: DIY StereoStim aka Davey Box POLL

Post by Nezhul »

Yes, I'm not building one myself generally because I have no electronics skill whatsoever and don't have time to go through tons of forums to read up all the details. Step-by-step would be really nice.
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
someone43
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by someone43 »

There's a problem with the poll. I can only vote yes once. :-)
Great free cam site! Lot of girls who love teasing.
Check it out: http://www.myfreecams.com

I'll even be posting brief reviews of girls who are good at it to narrow down your search! :-D
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

I wonder who answered "no"?
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
Tzahrkiya
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Tzahrkiya »

I just wanna add how easy it is to make one of these boxes, I know people are put off thinking they need electrical engineer knowledge etc which may be the case for some of the really fancy diy boxes Ive seen made, some are pretty awesome...

but in the sense of the basic box that I will do the guide for its harder to tie your shoelaces than build one of these, you dont even need to solder..
malibu900
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): Don't have one but wouldn't mind an online domme if anyone is interested...

Post by malibu900 »

May I ask what it does? I'm unfamiliar with this item.
That's what she said
Tzahrkiya
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Tzahrkiya »

malibu900 wrote:May I ask what it does? I'm unfamiliar with this item.
A stereostim or Davey box is built on the fundamentals of a tens unit.. being that a tens unit will pass electrical signals through the body to mimic massage...

the stereo/davey box doesnt use set patterns like a tens unit, the davey box works from sound, converting audio into electrical signals, the main diference is that audio can be manipulated in so many diferent ways to generate diferent sensations :)
malibu900
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Dom/me(s): Don't have one but wouldn't mind an online domme if anyone is interested...

Post by malibu900 »

Tzahrkiya wrote: A stereostim or Davey box is built on the fundamentals of a tens unit.. being that a tens unit will pass electrical signals through the body to mimic massage...

the stereo/davey box doesnt use set patterns like a tens unit, the davey box works from sound, converting audio into electrical signals, the main diference is that audio can be manipulated in so many diferent ways to generate diferent sensations :)

Thanks!! :-)
That's what she said
teased247
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by teased247 »

Awesome topic Tzahrkiya!

I have been meaning to PM you myself about how you went about building yours.

I went out and bought all the items listed from a few different forum post from Smartstim.com ... yet after I put it all together, it is not working at all. I am still trying to figure out what I did wrong or if I have a defective "something" that is causing the issue.

I think another one of the main questions I have is whether to use the two separate +/- wires for the trodes or to go with the single 3 wire trode set up?? What is the major difference between the two set ups?

If I were to go with the 3 wire set up do I need to have 3 trodes hooked up to the body for it to work properly? Likewise with the two +/- wire set up .. .would I need to have four trodes hooked up to the body?

Did you make your own trodes or did you purchase some?

Thanks for any help and also for putting the thread together and also a HUGE Thank You for doing all the CH track lists .... I am like drooling constantly in anticipation of trying them out. :w00t:
Tzahrkiya
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Tzahrkiya »

teased247

would help if you could list which parts you bought then I might at least be able to clarify that they should work together...

The signal has to run from postive to negative so you must use both trodes on that given +/- transformer/channel.... as in you cant run a + signal on the left channel and a - one on the right channel and expect any sensation,, they must run from the same channel.. you can double up the wires on each channel to increase the power you feel in that area ie both +`s to same point and both -`s to another point or you can use as many trodes as you wish but the principal is still the same.. The signal will only run to and from wires on the same channel.

The way I have my current box setup is that I have seperate left and right positives, my left and right negatives join to a single negative wire.This basically gives me the option of dual and triphase, meaning I have a single negative point at which both negative channels go to, and I have 2 seperate positives that can go to one or two diferent locations. I generally run my signal from prostate to glands using a plug for prostate area and a rubber loop around the glands,, the negative wire goes to prostate and the two positives go to the loop.

with regards to trodes I pretty much made my own, the rubber loops were made from conductive rubber tube bought on ebay and the prostate one I use is a converted aneros helix. I generally stay away from the pads as I dont think they give a good connection to the body, thats just my opinion though.

I will try to cover as much info as possible in the video guide, I`m thinking I will most likley do two guides being the first one I will disect my current box to allow people to see how to put it together plus I want to replace the trode leads as there a little short, basically to remove the current tens leads and replace them with speaker wire and banana plugs... the 2nd video guide will be me making a full new box from scratch although the box will be diferent its still put together the same way...

oh and just one other thing i just remembered, make sure the volume on your media player is at full and then gently increase the volume on your box, and double check inside your box to make sure theres no loose wires or wires touching together that shouldnt be.

edit* this question "If I were to go with the 3 wire set up do I need to have 3 trodes hooked up to the body for it to work properly? Likewise with the two +/- wire set up .. .would I need to have four trodes hooked up to the body?" if you have 4 trodes you can use 2 or 4 but again should be on the same channel, with the triphase 3 trodes, you can use 2 or 3 but it is intended to use the 3.
hope this helps :)
teased247
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by teased247 »

Tzahrkiya - Thanks for the info. I will check and double check what I have see if it works and let you know how it pans out. If it does not work I will take some pics and also let you know what parts I am using.

Thanks again!! Appreciate it :-)
kakarot
Explorer
Explorer

Post by kakarot »

Tzahrkiya wrote:I just wanna add how easy it is to make one of these boxes, I know people are put off thinking they need electrical engineer knowledge etc which may be the case for some of the really fancy diy boxes Ive seen made, some are pretty awesome...

but in the sense of the basic box that I will do the guide for its harder to tie your shoelaces than build one of these, you dont even need to solder..
while it might be easy, it still include electricity and a penis, i'd rather be safe than sorry...
Tzahrkiya
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Tzahrkiya »

kakarot wrote: while it might be easy, it still include electricity and a penis, i'd rather be safe than sorry...
I just wanted to touch on this but first just have to say that is totally up to yourself, if you dont feel comfortable with it then I`m not forcing anyone to do this and of course there is a very minor risk involved as yes it does involve electricity... my wish is to show people how to build these boxes and use them safely.

however...

your not plugging yourself into a wall socket and jamming 240 volts through you, I have seen posts from idiots on other forums who have asked if they could hook two wires up to a car battery and use that,, the answer is NO on so many levels.. if you research properly and do things correctly then apart from the fact it involves electricity and your body (which your body sends electrical impulses all around it anyway) there is pretty much minimal to no risk.

I`ve been using tens machines,stim boxes for well over a decade now and never hurt myself or caused any damage because I use them the way there supposed to be used.

This is why its recommended to buy a usb/battery powered set of speakers so that you reduce the ultimate risk of frying/hurting your joy department. If you use usb it should be powered from a laptop while the laptop is NOT plugged into the wall socket, batteries are the safest option yes they can give you a jolt but highly unlikley to cause damage. If at an absolute push and you use your tower then make sure your psu is insulated and that your on a surge protector. The whole basis on using a battery powered source is that there isolated from outside factors like power surges/cuts etc, Remember these are DIY boxes that are built on the fundamentals of tens units which have been around for decades. They work on those same fundamentals in power they just use sound for the signal instead of built in wave patterns or pulses.

Hope this clears up the "danger" factor when it comes to these units,, again I have said before and will continue to say that it is your choice wether to indulge yourself or not, I`m not forcing anyone to go out and build one.

Tz
kakarot
Explorer
Explorer

Post by kakarot »

yeah, i understand that, its just that i always had a lot of respect towards electricity, no matter how strong..
Tzahrkiya
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Tzahrkiya »

Well times up and as I thought quite a few in favour of a guide lol,,

I will get a 1st picture guide up before the end of the weekend, I have already stripped my current box and rebuilt it taking pictures step by step, just havent had time to edit/up and write a guide yet,,

That should give people the general idea on how to build a box via pictures...

I`ll get round to the 2nd guide which will be video once I purchase diferent speakers, essentially its built exactly the same except the video will be diferent speakers, more likley your average usb desktop stereo speakers rather than a small davey box, I`m just going for more power and a higher frequency band.

Sooo thanks everyone for there votes and there input, guide will be up before the weekends out :wave: