Translating Teases

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
Roblsforbobls
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
I am a: Switch

Translating Teases

Post by Roblsforbobls »

Some visitors/users of this site may not have the resources or time to learn English. As a result, most of the content on this site is not readily accessible for these people. Web browsers like Chrome can translate websites to another language, but I'm sure the same cannot be said about interactive teases like Flash and Eos.

I think the community should embrace the translation of teases to other languages. Not only could English teases be enjoyed by more people, but teases written in other languages could be enjoyed by those who only speak English. At the very least, if anyone wants to translate something I publish into another language and re-release it, I would be happy to help make that happen.

Thoughts?
FeetTickler
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: Translating Teases

Post by FeetTickler »

Hi ! I'm actually working on a tease right now who have a built in translation to my language (french) with a possibility for modification to add more languages I think tease maker should do those kind of things to allow translation but unfortunately it requires way more time..
Roblsforbobls
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Roblsforbobls »

FeetTickler wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:20 am Hi ! I'm actually working on a tease right now who have a built in translation to my language (french) with a possibility for modification to add more languages I think tease maker should do those kind of things to allow translation but unfortunately it requires way more time..
This sounds interesting! I am interested in how you are accomplishing this... Do you make the tease in one language and then duplicate every page, changing the language in the copy? Or do you use a variable on each page to decide which language to display the text? Are you attempting to make it easier to translate into additional languages, and if so, how?

I totally agree, I think there should be an easier way to go about translating these teases
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Shattered »

Roblsforbobls wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:10 am Some v̶i̶s̶i̶t̶o̶r̶s̶/̶u̶s̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶ tease authors of this site may not have the resources or time to learn e̶n̶g̶l̶i̶s̶h̶ another language.
Fixed that for you :lol:

For real though people have asked for translations from time to time and seem to have plugins for flashteases but not Eos.

Myself, I only speak English. I think I'm reasonably okay at it, but I've tried learning other languages and it isn't my forte. So even if I wanted to I couldn't learn another language really.

That said teases also take a long time to produce. Even if I could speak another language I'm not sure I'd translate because it's certainly less fun than the other parts (other than debugging!)

If anyone cares to translate my stuff that discussion can be had but a lot easier said than done for sure
Roblsforbobls
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Roblsforbobls »

Shattered wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:53 pm If anyone cares to translate my stuff that discussion can be had but a lot easier said than done for sure
^This is more what I meant to talk about in the original post :-P
I think there is an unfilled role of translators on this site who translate the teases of other authors. I totally agree, making them takes a lot of time, and it might be too much to ask an author to try to translate it after that long creation process.
FeetTickler
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by FeetTickler »

Roblsforbobls wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:19 am
FeetTickler wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:20 am Hi ! I'm actually working on a tease right now who have a built in translation to my language (french) with a possibility for modification to add more languages I think tease maker should do those kind of things to allow translation but unfortunately it requires way more time..
This sounds interesting! I am interested in how you are accomplishing this... Do you make the tease in one language and then duplicate every page, changing the language in the copy? Or do you use a variable on each page to decide which language to display the text? Are you attempting to make it easier to translate into additional languages, and if so, how?

I totally agree, I think there should be an easier way to go about translating these teases
I'm using variables for every sentences / action I use variables who are defined depending on the language selected by the player I didn't really found any better way to do it the idea came from a video game I used to play where I had created my own server and the game used this system to translate