HIV and STD/STI Testing

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
timoth31
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

HIV and STD/STI Testing

Post by timoth31 »

Hello
So a few weeks ago I got questions about condoms and I wasn't thinking I will have this question soon. But here I am. So the condom slipped out while inside my "girlfriend" and so we are going to get tested, but I wanted to know if we have to wait 3 weeks or we can go it a soon as possible because we will both get the test and so If no one is positive there is nothing or can some deseases only declare to the person who got infected and are not visible in the blood of the transmitter?
Thanks for your answers
Last edited by timoth31 on Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
timoth31
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: HIV and STD/STI Testing

Post by timoth31 »

44some wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:08 pm What country are you from? Was this a prostitute? Is this male/female sex? Do either of you have male/male sex? And no idea what IST testing is.

Anyway, you can get tested now to find out if either of you were already infected. You would need to get retested in 3-6 months because it is slow to develop.

Chances are...you're both fine.
Hello, I from France, but actually in germany. It's a girl with who it's getting serious so there won't be any other partner for any of us (I'm a man). Sorry I made a mistake and wrote it in french it's STI.
Okay so we will get tested soon, and then again in a few month to be sure.
Thanks for your help
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Re: HIV and IST Testing

Post by kerkersklave »

There are many sexually transmitted diseases, but generally speaking if one is able to transmit a certain disease he has to carry a certain amount of viruses/bacteria, and therefore the disease will be detectable (either directly or based on immune reactions).
Now it might be possible, that a disease is transmitted before a test might detect it, depending on how the conditions for it to spread and for the test to detect.

Many tests only work a certain time after infection. E.g. immune reaction based tests for HIV tests (that's what is typically used as a first test) are only reliable up to 99% after 12 weeks, i.e. HIV can be detected earlier, but if its not, you might still have it.
So the important thing for you is to think about whether either one of you might have gotten infected in the last 3 month. If you both trust each other and know that you have only had sex with each other in the last 3 month, you can safely do such a test now and if its negative, you can be sure to not carry HIV.
It is similar for other tests/diseases. If in doubt, I would also ask a doctor about it.
timoth31
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: HIV and IST Testing

Post by timoth31 »

kerkersklave wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:52 pm There are many sexually transmitted diseases, but generally speaking if one is able to transmit a certain disease he has to carry a certain amount of viruses/bacteria, and therefore the disease will be detectable (either directly or based on immune reactions).
Now it might be possible, that a disease is transmitted before a test might detect it, depending on how the conditions for it to spread and for the test to detect.

Many tests only work a certain time after infection. E.g. immune reaction based tests for HIV tests (that's what is typically used as a first test) are only reliable up to 99% after 12 weeks, i.e. HIV can be detected earlier, but if its not, you might still have it.
So the important thing for you is to think about whether either one of you might have gotten infected in the last 3 month. If you both trust each other and know that you have only had sex with each other in the last 3 month, you can safely do such a test now and if its negative, you can be sure to not carry HIV.
It is similar for other tests/diseases. If in doubt, I would also ask a doctor about it.
Thanks for the answer, we will have a serious talk about past relationship. And both get tested. And will talk with the nurse/doctor from the center.
jackstock
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by jackstock »

Always wait for testing to have sex. The worry is not worth it
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by GodDragon »

jackstock wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:00 pm Always wait for testing to have sex. The worry is not worth it
So you always request a test from your new partner? Isn't this kinda awkward and somehow seems like you are not trusting each other?
EmmalineMadly
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious

Post by EmmalineMadly »

It means you're both safe, consenting adults who know how to make good decisions. If someone is guilting you into feeling bad about it they are more likely to be untrustworthy.
timoth31
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by timoth31 »

jackstock wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:00 pm Always wait for testing to have sex. The worry is not worth it
Well it was protected sex until I lost the condom. And the first time we had sex together was a bit unplanned, watching a serie and things got out of hand :lol:
But I understand that it's better to ask for it. But the last time I got tested was 2 years ago for blood donation, I didn't had any relation between that and this relation, and her test was also a bit ago and she had sex with condom. But still we prefered to continue protected until we both get tested after a few months of relation to be sure that none of us will go with someone else. But now we have to do the test because of that accident.
Sorry for my english