Few questions about Shibari

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
timoth31
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Few questions about Shibari

Post by timoth31 »

Hello,
I'm going to try Shibari as a bottom soon, and so I have a few questions. And if you have some too, feel free to ask so the experienced members can help us.

1. How long the rope marks usually last? (Floor and suspended)
2. Is it normal for a men to have an érection from getting tied or even just from watching other people being tied?
3. Is there a fast removing knot (like you just pull on the rope and it opens)?
Bandit224
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Few questions about Shibari

Post by Bandit224 »

1. The ropes should be able to last a long time. They are commonly used to move shipping crates that are considerably heavier than a person, and can last months without tearing.
2. It is normal for men to have an erection doing absolutely anything. When the penis knows that it is in a sexual situation, it becomes erect.
3. That involves more knot tying skill than I can answer. I believe there is, but I don't know how to do it.
manwithcape
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by manwithcape »

Most of the members of this forum don't know enough about shibari and rope bondage to be trusted.
Please look for information elsewhere as well.
Preferably your local rope scene which you should be able to find via fetlife.com

I teach shibari workshops for beginners and have seen some very very dangerous "advice" here before.

1)
Rope marks last anywhere from "you don't get any" to several weeks.
This depends on the tie, the rope, how much pressure the rigger and the bottom put on the rope and many other factors.
I can not garantee anyone I tie that they won't have rope marks.
I can negotiate and do my best to avoid them.
I'll use cotton rope (which means no suspension) and won't do a scene where they'll struggle against the ropes.
And 95% of the time there won't be any rope marks the next day.

2)
It's normal for men to get an erection from anything.
DO you mean "is it normal for men to get aroused from shibari?"
Yes, yes it is.
If you think only women can like being tied up that's just the ideas of toxic masculinity society burdened you with speaking.
You can ignore those and enjoy those erections without feeling guilty.

3)
Yes those exist.
However every single one of those I know brings some danger with it.
Please get a decent rope education. Preferably in person in your local rope scene.
Find a safe space to learn and practice.
manwithcape
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by manwithcape »

manwithcape wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:47 pm Most of the members of this forum don't know enough about shibari and rope bondage to be trusted.
Preferably your local rope scene which you should be able to find via fetlife.com

I teach shibari workshops for beginners and have seen some very very dangerous "advice" here before.

I'm sorry that this sounds so agressive against this community.
I'm sorry. You guys are great.
But I still wouldn't trust some of you to teach someone how to tie their shoes. ;)
timoth31
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by timoth31 »

Bandit224 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:10 am 1. The ropes should be able to last a long time. They are commonly used to move shipping crates that are considerably heavier than a person, and can last months without tearing.
2. It is normal for men to have an erection doing absolutely anything. When the penis knows that it is in a sexual situation, it becomes erect.
3. That involves more knot tying skill than I can answer. I believe there is, but I don't know how to do it.
Thanks for the answers :)
timoth31
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by timoth31 »

manwithcape wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:47 pm Most of the members of this forum don't know enough about shibari and rope bondage to be trusted.

1)
Rope marks last anywhere from "you don't get any" to several weeks.
This depends on the tie, the rope, how much pressure the rigger and the bottom put on the rope and many other factors.
I can not garantee anyone I tie that they won't have rope marks.
I can negotiate and do my best to avoid them.
I'll use cotton rope (which means no suspension) and won't do a scene where they'll struggle against the ropes.
And 95% of the time there won't be any rope marks the next day.

2)
It's normal for men to get an erection from anything.
DO you mean "is it normal for men to get aroused from shibari?"
Yes, yes it is.
If you think only women can like being tied up that's just the ideas of toxic masculinity society burdened you with speaking.
You can ignore those and enjoy those erections without feeling guilty.

3)
Yes those exist.
However every single one of those I know brings some danger with it.
Please get a decent rope education. Preferably in person in your local rope scene.
Find a safe space to learn and practice.
Thanks for all the answers. I'm going to a workshop so there will be someone for the safety
1. I'm probably not doing suspension, and I've been said that the top with who I will do the sessions is careful because she is a bit new into this. So for my first sessions I won't have more marks I think
2. No I'm aroused and I know it's normal for anybody who is into it, but there is a difference between arousal and raging boner. And since I'm quite shy, having an erection where I shouldn't is kind of a nightmare. But so you are reassuring me. Because I already had one, just by thinking about it and was a bit worried ^^
3. Ok, I asked because I'm sailing and there we have many "safety knots" that are removalbe just by pulling. But I will talk with the "teacher"

Again thanks for your help, and don't worry I prefer being warned like you did than following a newbie advices and having an accident