Hot-Icy concerning question

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
maciekm00
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Hot-Icy concerning question

Post by maciekm00 »

Hello everyone!

First I have to mention that I never used hot-icy-type ointments before. I'm thinking about trying some like e.g. Bengay ointment, and here is my concern:

methyl salicylate, one from the ingredients of the ointment is normally considered as anti-inflammatory drug (I mean medicine) which means that there is a real possibility of simply overdosing it.

Also I'd like to make a tease that uses this kind of ointment but I don't know the limits of average person in terms of pain withstanding etc.

So the question is mainly for people, who used such ointment before and can tell me more about their experiences, side effects that they experienced, possibly injuries that I should keep avoid or maximum dose they tried and could withstand.
Let's discuss! :-)
GodDragon
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: Hot-Icy concerning question

Post by GodDragon »

maciekm00 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:58 am Hello everyone!

First I have to mention that I never used hot-icy-type ointments before. I'm thinking about trying some like e.g. Bengay ointment, and here is my concern:

methyl salicylate, one from the ingredients of the ointment is normally considered as anti-inflammatory drug (I mean medicine) which means that there is a real possibility of simply overdosing it.

Also I'd like to make a tease that uses this kind of ointment but I don't know the limits of average person in terms of pain withstanding etc.

So the question is mainly for people, who used such ointment before and can tell me more about their experiences, side effects that they experienced, possibly injuries that I should keep avoid or maximum dose they tried and could withstand.
Let's discuss! :-)
Using something based on herbs can help a lot when it comes to overdose and real injuries imo. Often a very small amount is enough to be quite painful and just a bit more of it can take up to an hour to stop hurting. It also depends on where you apply it. I never experienced any real damage though but I always make sure to not overdose it. If you used too much you can use cold water to wash it out (will take some time but it definitely helps a lot). Just make sure to start with a very small amount and if you don't feel like it is enough yet apply just a bit more, just wait a bit because it can take some time to actually start aching. When you are writing a tease I would suggest to not tell the sub how much he is supposed to use, just tell him he should take something he consideres slightly/adequately/very painful, because everybody probably uses a different ointment and also has a different pain tolerance.
Last edited by GodDragon on Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Helequin
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Helequin »

First off I would definitely look into the alternatives for a similar effect, just so you are aware of them. Toothpaste, mint, hot sauce can all also create that burn though each will differ in exact feel and intensity.

If you want to write a tease with it, it is probably best to have at least one first hand experience (carefully!) to draw on. So I would try it yourself first.

Beyond that, one technique you can use in a tease is to be somewhat vague about the exact amounts. Have a disclaimer on the first page reminding people to be careful, then in the tease when it comes time to apply the icy-hot stick to qualitative descriptions instead of exact amounts. This lets the person adjust for their own limits and tolerance. Just make it clear the sort of amount and effect you are looking for from them. For example, do you want them to put on a little bit they know they can handle, to try and push themselves as far as they safely dare or something in between?
Playing Help Me Cum Please!
Choosing a Goddess - a set for anyone to play
The 1000th Reply Celebration Challenge and it's Finale - an ongoing challenge to try
Co-author of Kyla's Party - webtease based on Help me Cum Please.

Miss Elyna's Cum Challenge Winner
timoth31
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by timoth31 »

arnica creams are quite good for that I think most are just arnica and menthol (here in France at least), tiger balm is also good for that, but there are different types, so it's up to user to choose wich fits the best