Sketchy online dom site?

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
Hojo
Explorer
Explorer

Sketchy online dom site?

Post by Hojo »

Has anyone had any experience with this site or people requesting you sign up to it?

http://ard.xxxblackbook.com/ trafficoptimizer/index.php?toi d=323203&r=lc922359

Looks like it is set up to give a free day then charge your card with the full amount. I talked to a dom and she asked me to sign up and gave me a code so is free at first. Not sure I trust that I'm not gong to be charged or that the person I'm taliking too is actually interested in continuing after my card info is given.

Please help and let me know if this is a scam
ohgod
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Re: Sketchy online dom site?

Post by ohgod »

I wouldn't trust anybody who asks you for anything when initially meeting, from the worthwhile D/s relationships I've had, any dominant worth their salt isn't going to do more than have a friendly conversation with you the first time you meet, either in person or online, a good dominant will build a trusting relationship with you before they dominate you. Be weary!
Hojo
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Hojo »

Right? I agree it seems way sketchy. There seem to be a ton of people out there posing as doms to....I guess drive more business to these sites. They seem to present these membership sites as a tool to help with monitoring and tasking to their subs which could be cool if it weren't a scam. Has anyone ever tried actually giving card info and subbing for one of the people from this kind of site?
edgeallday
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): Jillian

Post by edgeallday »

I assume you met this dom online not in person? And long-term would it be a paid pro-domme online type arrangement or something where you would eventually meet in person as well? I only ask because it seems like online pro-dommes will usually move things along faster early on than you ever would in a real world relationship, or even an in-person pro-domme relationship. Obviously it still helps a lot to have some mutual trust and understanding, but there are certain risks that are reduced online in terms of the damage an unstable/deranged person can do.

One thing you can do for a lot of sites is get a VISA pre-paid or gift card. That way if they do charge you or try to steal your CC info at least there's a limited amount they can take and you won't need to get a new actual CC. I've never heard of that site before though so I have no idea if it's legit.

I've had good experiences finding paid online dommes on camming and phone sex sites. A lot of them will do something a bit more long term if you are interested, sending you tasks and rules to follow in between sessions, etc. It's pretty common for them to give out their skype info so you can stay in regular contact too, although I've never had anyone try to get me to sign up for other random sites like that.

Good luck whatever you end up deciding. :-) Even online it can take some trial and error to find the right person for you.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by philo »

There is a fairly common scam where they get a commission for signing you up to sites, they keep stringing you along getting you to first sign up to a free trial, then to actually pay for sites.