Site admins

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
Someonelisten
Explorer
Explorer

Site admins

Post by Someonelisten »

So are there any admins running this site anymore or has it just been left to die.
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: Site admins

Post by Banquo »

I am not here to make excuses for the admins. But I think everyone needs to appreciate that people have lives away from the site. Seraphox and Dark both do what they can, when they can. The site may have its issues, but it's not dying.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - Oscar Wilde

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
SexualChoc
Chat Moderator

Post by SexualChoc »

this site may be free to almost everyone
but someone IS paying for it.. so since you are still able to access the site.. it is obviously not dead
all2true
is my other profile. see my chastity belt link :
http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16#p139016
Someonelisten
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Someonelisten »

Yeah I get that but I can't access it on my original account and tried the proper avenues for nearly a week. Thought maybe someone would have some insight on where the admins are.
Mat
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Mat »

Well apparently seraph0x and dark last logged in around October/November last year.

I noticed recently the SexScripts website has gone down (http://ss.deviatenow.com/), and sometimes I worry that this site could do the same..

I wondered if seraph0x mentioned anything about donations, I'm sure he posted a reason why they weren't accepting them at some point but I think a few people would donate or give to a patreon page to help fund the site..
Lestat
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Lestat »

Mat wrote:I noticed recently the SexScripts website has gone down (http://ss.deviatenow.com/), and sometimes I worry that this site could do the same..
Oh shit... :-(
Gentleman by day :oldtimer: Philosopher by night :hmmm: Pervert by choice :shutup2: Rebel by fate :punk:
brandon
Explorer
Explorer

Post by brandon »

well, anyone could volunteer to act as a backup server and to keep the site going in the event that whatever server this site is currently sitting at goes down, that they could bring it up as well.

the internet is complex, but not THAT complex! is anyone interested in hosting backup copies of the site in the event that the main server hosting this site goes down? that would mean having a computer that is online 24/7, and would also mean having some power in controlling the website admin passwords, and hopefully pledging to keep this site up in any event of a future problem occurring.

i'm willing to consider this, is anyone else willing? i love milovana, and i love the webteases and the people who contribute to making this site the wonderfully unique site that it is. let's not let it fall apart!

with love, brandon
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

I'm pretty sure it won't come to that. I think the current issues are down to Phox and Dark simply not having the time to work on the site right now.

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
Miker
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Miker »

It's also a little dramatic to go from "I couldn't get a hold of one of the admins" to "the site is dying, ABANDON SHIP". There have been 14 new teases posted this week alone, 614 users online as of the moment of this post, and if I was to guess, probably anywhere from 5 to 25 people in the chat right now. If you're speaking in terms of the site's maintenance, the worst I can think of was a chat crash a few months ago, and that lasted a few hours at best.

Just sayin'. That's a stone's-throw from a dead site.
Going nowhere at the speed of meh.
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

Miker wrote:It's also a little dramatic to go from "I couldn't get a hold of one of the admins" to "the site is dying, ABANDON SHIP". There have been 14 new teases posted this week alone, 614 users online as of the moment of this post, and if I was to guess, probably anywhere from 5 to 25 people in the chat right now. If you're speaking in terms of the site's maintenance, the worst I can think of was a chat crash a few months ago, and that lasted a few hours at best.

Precisely, the place is still a vibrant and well used community.

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
Mat
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Mat »

Banquo wrote:
Miker wrote:It's also a little dramatic to go from "I couldn't get a hold of one of the admins" to "the site is dying, ABANDON SHIP". There have been 14 new teases posted this week alone, 614 users online as of the moment of this post, and if I was to guess, probably anywhere from 5 to 25 people in the chat right now. If you're speaking in terms of the site's maintenance, the worst I can think of was a chat crash a few months ago, and that lasted a few hours at best.

Precisely, the place is still a vibrant and well used community.
Oh I doubt the site will die in the sense of nobody using it, as you say it's doing pretty well despite the errors, I meant more the technical side of things.. Most hosting offers limited disk space, so in a way the more popular the site becomes, the quicker the disk space will run out, I presume if that happened the site would be down for at most a week while either old content was deleted or the package upgraded, similar to when the site moved servers a while ago.

With that not really being a problem the only other things would be due to lawsuits for copyrighted content, which I doubt will ever happen, or financial difficulties, hence why I was asking about donations, I'm not sure how much the advertising covers..
Someonelisten
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Someonelisten »

Ok good. Hope the site doesn't die since I actually like it a lot. Would like it better if I could log into my account though. Been a week since my first attempt to get help and still radio silence. I get people have a personal life, but you'd think there would at least be someone hanging out as a backup in case both were busy with rl stuff.
StupidBoy18
Explorer
Explorer

This sites slow spiraling doom

Post by StupidBoy18 »

I consistently notice a decline in the quality of teases/amount per day on this site. It also doesn't help that the site never seems to be maintained. Exhibit A. Just updating the tease of the month. It's still on October 2015, and I know some admin will randomly comment to this forum post claiming admins have lives and can't constantly be here, but it would require logging on 1 time per month to simply change that.

Sincerely,
A Disappointed User.
Miker
Explorer
Explorer

Re: This sites slow spiraling doom

Post by Miker »

Disappointed in what? A lack of "of the Months" and that the site doesn't "seem" maintained?

I'll tell you the same thing I told the last guy. Current data is as follows:

>18 new teases this week (quality's subjective, so you don't really have a case there)

>403 users online (within the last 15 minutes of me loading Milo, which was about a minute ago)

>I haven't seen a crash or failure in the site's software or hardware for at least 5 months (and like I said, it was repaired in hours)

>Furthermore, I don't think one can argue it's been "in decline" when the site's top number of users (nearly 1800) was achieved a little under two weeks ago on January 21st.

If you're going to make a claim that the site's not doing well, bring some numbers to back it up. Otherwise you're putting forward a case that is unsubstantiated and purely subjective.
Going nowhere at the speed of meh.
kree
Explorer
Explorer

Re: This sites slow spiraling doom

Post by kree »

~5610 teases here. I'm not creative enough to make one but I imagine it's difficult to make a new one.

I'm still finding more to enjoy and I like going through past favourited teases which I've forgotten.
Tease A.I. might not be by the people that run Milovana but it also might not exist without this site so even if recent teases aren't to ones liking there are a lot of things to 'get off' on here.

A big :love: to anyone that has ever made content, that means you too StupidBoy18.