Community 2.0

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
Magikk
Chat Moderator
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Community 2.0

Post by Magikk »

Disclaimer.. This is a reboot of a previous post that got sidetracked. Please feel free to comment ON THIS TOPIC but out of respect for what is trying to be accomplished, limit your comments to that. Thanks to all you beautiful members of Milo! :-D

Please note.. This is a post that has absolutely nothing sexual in nature.. So if searching for something to titillate, tease, or torment.. Sorry. This one is to make people think.

Since joining the Milo community late last year, I have been incredibly fortunate in discovering the best treasures of this site.. The people.

I know many people have different views of who I am.. Manic magic guy, tease, sub, dom... Whatever... But what I have taken the greatest delight in being to many people here is "friend". Sometimes a good one, sometimes one who has made mistakes.. But always with good intent.

Which is why I am saddened by what is too often happening here. Recently I had a conversation with someone here who believed it was okay to bully and harass others here because, as they said it, it's not real.. "It's just the internet". Wow.. I am still amazed at how wrong that view can be. There are real people behind every name on Milo.. And many of them are hurting, lonely, wounded, or confused. And every one of them, even the people I myself disagree with at times, is deserving of respect and a fresh chance.

I spoke with someone yesterday about how we see each other through "dirty glasses", views that are affected by events in our own lives, by others we are reminded of by someone new, or just a bad first impression. It is my strong desire that we could take those glasses off and allow ourselves to see those we're in conflict with using fresh eyes.. A more.. Human view.

I am aware many will feel I am being simplistic and naive. Politics will always be there and some people will always be difficult. Another very long conversation recently focussed on just that. Ironically, once I revealed a few things I was so encouraged to see this wonderful person look at others with new eyes. Unfortunately she is still caught in the trap of having others look at her poorly. But here are the few things...

I have been so fortunate to get to know so many member's real stories.. So I get to sometimes see what others dont. I know that one night recently that one person entered chat and was perceived as being bitchy and irritable, they were also messaging me scared out of their minds because they were literally living a nightmarish night where gunshots were happening right outside their living room window because of where they lived.. They came on milo to distract themselves. They werent bitchy, they were scared.

I have daily heard others speak of how ridiculously "easy" others have it because they have "stuff" or "someone"... Funny thing is, I know the others too. The hours you think theyre in pm land and thats why they're so quiet in lounge.. theyre not.. They're lonely and dont know what to say. The person with all the stuff? Also struggling with physical illness or family issues you wouldnt wish on your worst enemy. And sometimes.. Just sometimes.. that person that totally rubs you the wrong way in chat? They can end up becoming one of your best friends.

But that only happens if we can stop swinging swords of righteousness and "I'm right and they're wrong" and instead show each other the grace, acceptance, and understanding that this entire site was created to embrace. For those that enter, there are very very sexy sides of Milo.. And I enjoy those as much as anyone... But Milo is NOT a sex site.. It's a community. Please, consider today taking off the dirty glasses of previous experience, personal baggage, or wrong assumptions and finding the treasures I have been so fortunate to find.

Thanks for reading .. You may now resume your sexy lives. :love: :-) :wave:
MAGIC IS AROUND
DellaRoss
Experimentor
Experimentor

Re: Community 2.0

Post by DellaRoss »

Let's try this again...... THIS IS WHY WE NEED A LIKE BUTTON !!!!!!!
"To anyone who has stood at someones side and looked into the abyss and found both charm, attraction and love, for we are not made up only of our light and happiness but also our darkness and sorrow. To deny the darkness of yourself is to deny half of who you are, and when you love, truly love, you need to love the whole person not just the part that smiles and waves, but the part that thinks murderous thoughts and knows that pain is both pleasure and temptation, but still thinks puppies are really cute" -LKH

"I am Nature's arm. Her spirit. Her will. Hell, I am Mother Nature, and the time has come for plants to take back the world so rightfully ours! 'cause it's not nice to fool with Mother Nature.- Poison Ivy

"I pray you pass out drunk with your best friend and wake up with his and her tattoos"- Jared and the Long Road to Love

"You do what we want, or I will peel your mind away like the layers of an onion. You DO believe I can do that, don't you?"- Nikolaos
alba
Explorer
Explorer

Post by alba »

I'll move mine too.

"I don't have a clue who Magikk is, but he speaks wise words."

Actually by now, I already seem to have a better idea who Magikk is :)
I'm currently playing Della's multimedia game.
I started on 7/06 on page 727.

Edged: 6 of 15 times
Stroked: 3780 times

Signature was last updated on 9/07

Previous plays of Della's multimedia game:
16/06 - 19 days - 12720 strokes
shawnstuh133
Explorer
Explorer

Post by shawnstuh133 »

Magikk you can erase and remake posts all you want. If its about me i'm going to comment on them. You don't see my side at all. I don't have my head up my butt. So again i ask the people what have i done that is dangerous? I'm not giving up on this conversation Magikk.
Tashi
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
Dom/me(s): My Goddess, the Queen of my Soul
Sub/Slave(s): http://tashilicious.tumblr.com/post/150 ... okers-here

No slaves, but I'd love for a wanker to play this

Post by Tashi »

You could go into the other thread if you really want and try re-reading. :D
Magikk
Chat Moderator

Post by Magikk »

Requested by friends... And so grateful for them...

Post an animal pic if you love Milo!
MAGIC IS AROUND
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - Oscar Wilde

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
Magikk
Chat Moderator

Post by Magikk »

MAGIC IS AROUND
Snare
Chat Moderator

Post by Snare »

Milo drives me CRAZY!

Signed with a
Snare
Everything happens for a reason. ~unknown~
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
arthurb
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Submissive

Post by arthurb »

Last edited by arthurb on Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Princess Penny's Subject Number 007

On Her Highness's Submissive Service
illtaket42
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by illtaket42 »

Don't forget who started all this sex-awareness in the first place :w00t:
Unique
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive

Post by Unique »

shawnstuh133 wrote:Magikk you can erase and remake posts all you want. If its about me i'm going to comment on them. You don't see my side at all. I don't have my head up my butt. So again i ask the people what have i done that is dangerous? I'm not giving up on this conversation Magikk.

You do realize the first post was posted before you got banned? It was before somebody talked about the possibility to get you banned. So please stop thinking you are the reason for this post, as you are clearly not important enough for that. You think magikk makes this long post just because of you? Did you even read it completly? I dont think so. Sure, a part is about you (a rather small one) and to be honest, in my eyes you arent even important enough for this part.

Why? Because everything you claim is such a lie. Do you remember as you demanded a sub that he keeps is balls tied up for hours and when i mentioned that this isnt safe, you talked my opinion down in a very rude way. (You even apologized for it as you missread it and thought i was the sub, so dont tell me you didnt realize it was rude).

The best part? The sub told me you demanded in pm to do it, even if you said in the main room, it would be ok not to do it. That is so wrong, unsafe and clearly no way to treat other people. You want respect? Start respecting other people. You want that people listen to you? Start listening yourself, but enough about you!

This post is to improve the community! So let it be and let others improve it, if you have no interest to do so.
Snare
Chat Moderator

Post by Snare »

MORE ANIMAL PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Signed with a
Snare
Everything happens for a reason. ~unknown~