Tales of the banned

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
Magikk
Chat Moderator
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Tales of the banned

Post by Magikk »

Well this post was originally titled community and was designed to improve our community spirit. Unfortunately it has since been hijacked and turned into a pity party for someone who just doesnt get it. As such.. The name and my original post has been relocated.

My apologies to all.
Last edited by Magikk on Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MAGIC IS AROUND
DellaRoss
Experimentor
Experimentor

Re: Community

Post by DellaRoss »

Awwwwwww but I liked the original so much and now u have ot move my comments -pouts-
Last edited by DellaRoss on Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To anyone who has stood at someones side and looked into the abyss and found both charm, attraction and love, for we are not made up only of our light and happiness but also our darkness and sorrow. To deny the darkness of yourself is to deny half of who you are, and when you love, truly love, you need to love the whole person not just the part that smiles and waves, but the part that thinks murderous thoughts and knows that pain is both pleasure and temptation, but still thinks puppies are really cute" -LKH

"I am Nature's arm. Her spirit. Her will. Hell, I am Mother Nature, and the time has come for plants to take back the world so rightfully ours! 'cause it's not nice to fool with Mother Nature.- Poison Ivy

"I pray you pass out drunk with your best friend and wake up with his and her tattoos"- Jared and the Long Road to Love

"You do what we want, or I will peel your mind away like the layers of an onion. You DO believe I can do that, don't you?"- Nikolaos
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - Oscar Wilde

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
Magikk
Chat Moderator

Post by Magikk »

Banquo wrote:Image

Bwahahahahahanahaahahahaahhahahaahahahahaahahahahahaa

Banquo, my friend... You. Are. Awesome!
MAGIC IS AROUND
alba
Explorer
Explorer

Post by alba »

- post moved -
Last edited by alba on Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm currently playing Della's multimedia game.
I started on 7/06 on page 727.

Edged: 6 of 15 times
Stroked: 3780 times

Signature was last updated on 9/07

Previous plays of Della's multimedia game:
16/06 - 19 days - 12720 strokes
UnknownDepts
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by UnknownDepts »

A fresh start, what about the people who are the bully shouldn't they be known for the new people that join up.
Don't they deserve some protection without falling trap to the bully that is around???
Don't forget not everyone has the power just to kick poeple away or they want to go ask for help cause they know the person wouldnt be kicked anyways to start with.
CumScream
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by CumScream »

^ Ditto what Magikk said! ^

While my own communicado's on Milo may be few and far between (I refer to myself as an 'infrequent enthusiast' :-D ), I've always enjoyed the truly deep conversations you can share with someone from a different point of view.

Far from being 'not real', the truth is that a little basic anonymity actually frees everyone up to show their inner-self without need of a socially-expected filter.

And those who cannot communicate anything but bland or negative-only messages, just goes to show that perhaps those just don't have it in 'em to engage with a truly treasurable community.

CS

P.S: Thanks Magikk, sometimes you read something, and it just inspires you to respond in kind.
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour.

If true control, is to be had, you will know not when.
Blissfully offered; your
Oblivion.
Magikk
Chat Moderator

Post by Magikk »

Thank you to all for kind words.. Would love to keep this thread alive so all can get eyes on it, so feel free to comment
MAGIC IS AROUND
shawnstuh133
Explorer
Explorer

Post by shawnstuh133 »

And there goes magikk telling only his side of the story. Mods on this site are just power hungry people who think they automatically deserve respect just because someone decided to make them a mod. They don't even get paid for what they do. They just get a little gray star besides their name and have the ability to decide who they want to be in chats. I have not bullied anyone. Anyone who says different is lying.
shawnstuh133
Explorer
Explorer

Post by shawnstuh133 »

"And every one of them, even the people I myself disagree with at times, is deserving of respect and a fresh chance."

If he truly lived by these words he would not be posting this forum and talking badly about me without my knowledge. I'm a person, i'm deserving of respect and a fresh chance. I'm sorry but if you really meant these words then i don't think i'd be banned from the chatroom. So every word that comes out of a mod's mouth to me is just empty words. Keep in mind we are all people. Just because you have a "mod" status as your name, doesn't mean you should disrespect someone just because you don't like them. Shouldn't a mod give respect to everyone? Mods demand respect, yet they don't give respect to everyone on this site. In order to get respect, one must give respect. As my last words were in the chatroom. Respect is a two-way equal street. We are all made equal as people. Mods on this site don't believe that. If they did they would give respect to all no matter what.
alba
Explorer
Explorer

Post by alba »

shawnstuh133 wrote:And there goes magikk telling only his side of the story. Mods on this site are just power hungry people who think they automatically deserve respect just because someone decided to make them a mod. They don't even get paid for what they do. They just get a little gray star besides their name and have the ability to decide who they want to be in chats. I have not bullied anyone. Anyone who says different is lying.
Then instead of using an ad-hominem argument like this one, mind to tell us your side of the story? Maybe something more than "I have not bullied anyone."

There should be at least some ground of truth in here, since you recognized that Magikks post was about you...
I'm currently playing Della's multimedia game.
I started on 7/06 on page 727.

Edged: 6 of 15 times
Stroked: 3780 times

Signature was last updated on 9/07

Previous plays of Della's multimedia game:
16/06 - 19 days - 12720 strokes
shawnstuh133
Explorer
Explorer

Post by shawnstuh133 »

Hmm ok fair enough. I was playing games with subs. As it was a chatroom they had a choice on whether to do the tasks or not. I'm not their master i'm not forcing them to do anything. I don't care if they do it or not. I'm not there to force them to do anything. Anything that is given to them is totally up to them whether they do it or not. So yes i agree that some of the tasks i had given to them were a little bit unrealistic to meet. However, keep in mind that its their own free will that decides whether they do the task or not. They could've easily left the room or the game and it wouldn't have changed anything. So i gave people tasks to do, they didn't really argue against the tasks. I did this for awhile, people would get on and wanted me to give them tasks to do. So i would give them tasks. I don't know what else to say. What led to me getting banned was in my opinion the doings of unknowndepts and magikk mainly. Everytime i was in the room they would bring up the subject that i was "bullying" people. They never stopped the conversation. They would try to badger me into agreeing with them that i was bullying other people by setting unrealistic tasks for them. Then unknown on friday or saturday i believe was badgering me just because i said to a person " I would've asked how you are but someone else already asked you that" then he said "wow can you sink any lower?" then it went into oh you bully people and blah blah blah. It all started just because i said that one line in chat. Then tonight i asked magikk not to bring it up and then magikk and dream started using the rules against me saying that i need to respect mods when they weren't respecting me. Respect in my opinion is a two way street. Just because you have the title "Mod" and that little gray star in your username doesn't mean you get to disrespect the regular chatters and talk about whatever you want without having any consequences. If the regular chatters have to talk in a well respected manner then so should mods. Anyways after i said that respect was a two way street. I was banned from the chat. That's my side of the story. If you think that i was bullying others or harrassing them then fine so be it you can make your own judgment. My opinion is that i feel that i wasn't bullying anyone. I know what it's like to be bullied and harrassed, i would never intentionally do that to anyone else.
dr.d
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Dom (Male)

Post by dr.d »

shawnstuh133 wrote:Hmm ok fair enough. I was playing games with subs. As it was a chatroom they had a choice on whether to do the tasks or not. I'm not their master i'm not forcing them to do anything. I don't care if they do it or not. I'm not there to force them to do anything. Anything that is given to them is totally up to them whether they do it or not. So yes i agree that some of the tasks i had given to them were a little bit unrealistic to meet. However, keep in mind that its their own free will that decides whether they do the task or not. They could've easily left the room or the game and it wouldn't have changed anything. So i gave people tasks to do, they didn't really argue against the tasks. I did this for awhile, people would get on and wanted me to give them tasks to do. So i would give them tasks.
shawn , let me tell you a story , this happened on another website, a domme thought it would be funny to tell a submissive to burn her masters name into her flesh with a wood burning tool, some of the others on the site thought it was funny ....until a submissive posted pictures of her masters name burned into her flesh.

if your going to give tasks or play games shawn , remember that submissive are people , and they are trusting you to treat them with respect and to enjoy a fantasy, did you even think that some one might have gotten hurt doing one of your unrealistic tasks .

this is why I tell people to get to know the people in the chat room before you play with them
She is the Angel that dances in my heart
Banquo
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Banquo »

shawnstuh133 wrote:And there goes magikk telling only his side of the story. Mods on this site are just power hungry people who think they automatically deserve respect just because someone decided to make them a mod. They don't even get paid for what they do. They just get a little gray star besides their name and have the ability to decide who they want to be in chats. I have not bullied anyone. Anyone who says different is lying.
It's my general experience that the mods here are incredibly lenient and understanding, so if you have been banned from chat, you must have done something to really really piss them off. It's also my understanding that only the admin's can ban someone I'm sure one of the mods or admins can confirm this. So laying this at Magick's door is wholly unfair.

As for what you have apparently been doing, I know it can be tempting to give joke tasks when people are constantly entering the room and asking for a dare or a Mistress or a task or whatever, without chatting with everyone first. It can be annoying for people to come in and constantly badger people for tasks, but at the end of the day this is a site that is primarily used by people to get off. They come here for the hundreds of teases, and some stay for the chat and forums. The community magick talks about is real, and the people that use the site are real human beings too. It's just that when starting out, people are often so excited of focused on getting a task or something interesting to get off to, that they forget that.

But as tempting as it can be, you still need to abide by the mantra of "safe, sane, and consensual." And yes, you point out that you can't "force" anyone to do anything, but you don't know the state of mind of the person coming into the room and asking for the task. You don't know their situation, or how submissive they are feeling.

All of which are kind of besides the point, it's not particularly welcoming for new users if all they are greeted with is a wall of silence, or some guy giving them joke tasks. Where is the respect in that?

shawnstuh133 wrote:I'm a person, i'm deserving of respect and a fresh chance.
Aren't the users you have been giving joke tasks to people too? do they not deserve a little respect?
dr.d wrote:this is why I tell people to get to know the people in the chat room before you play with them
Wise words as always, playing with someone you have a connection with is so much more fun and rewarding than hooking up with some random person.

edit: Have had it confirmed that mods can indeed ban people, but the point still stands that it's not fair to lay this entirely at one persons door. The mods here are pretty reasonable compared to most sites.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - Oscar Wilde

My Webteases
Chastity Captions
sissy jasmine
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by sissy jasmine »

I saw this post and just wanted to add my thoughts to it :)

I have in the past had people say to me things that Magikk described about it being easy for me as I have a Master/Mistress but believe me, that makes things much harder for me. My personality out of here is a emotionless barrier that I put up due to bullying when I was younger and on the other side in this chatroom I feel safe enough to let my emotions run free (and they frequently do). So when I have a Master/Mistress it is a privilege that I am constantly trying to convince myself that I deserve, and if I let them down my emotions kick in and I am frequently in tears when I have been a bad girl. I know other people who feel this way as well so its not as simple as sub+Dom=Happiness.

As far as Mods in the chatrooms go I have my own opinions and I hope that I offend no one with them. I have been on this site daily for a very long time so I feel I am as qualified as anyone to put my opinion forward.

When I first started here the chatroom was a much more relaxed place, the Mods virtually never put in a appearance which for the most part was good, however there were problems with trolls and a few overeager people pestering others. So there are now more Mods and they intervene much more frequently now, which in some cases is great and correct when it puts people in danger. However there are times when I have been in chat and someone has been berated in public by one or more Mods for making 2 PMs without asking the person receiving it. I think this kind of thing harms our community and I have a r/l friend who came on the site once, saw it and is now too frightened to come on again in case she pisses off the wrong person by accident.

In the case of most of these people I have stopped telling Mods myself and instead when they PM me I explain the rule to them and politely ask them to abide by it, most of them aren't aware of the rule and immediately apologise. I will freely admit that there are serial offenders who do need to have stricter measures taken but lets not frighten people away. I know when I first came on the site 6 years ago I made exactly the same mistake of going round and asking everyone with a female name to be my Mistress. Its experience that teaches you these things and if we scare people away then how will they learn.

The chatroom is now a much more touchy place than it used to be, several times I have ended playtime in tears because having a 10 minutes session in chat with my Master has caused a 20 minute argument about whether play should be allowed in a room or not.

On the subject of giving tasks to subs I also have a point (my last one *giggles*)

I am a sub that goes deep into subspace, this scares me a lot as I will follow orders that would normally be way into my limits. It comes from a desire to please and serve, I feel that bringing up limits would disappoint a Top when I am in subspace. Several times I have forgotten that I had safewords and kept going even though in the my head I was screaming NO! Tops have a big responsibility to make sure that the people that are on the receiving end of their tasks are safe. As an example I once found a Domme online when I was much younger who teased me for an hour or so then said she would take me only if I carved her initials into my scrotum with a knife. I begged and pleaded in tears with her not to make me do it and I actually got as far as drawing blood before I came to my senses and just blocked her. (no offense to people who like that kind of thing ^.^)

In conclusion I think that the Mods on this site do a great job at keeping away trolls and dangerous people, however there are times when we all forget what it is like to be new in a community and I think we all need to be a bit more tolerant of each other. If there is a problem the first port of call should be talking to that person yourself and trying to get them to understand, reporting them to Mods should be a last resort. I know some of us have been here for years and that bets very tiring but it can work.

Lastly I just want to say that this post is directed at no one in particular and as I don't know anything about the incidents mentioned above I am not defending or attacking anyone I am just giving my opinion xx

Jas xx
*giggle*

Also known as Naughty, jasmine pissy panties, Jasmeanie, Miss Jasmine and other more naughty names ^.^