Craigslist Advice?

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
Turtle
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Submissive

Craigslist Advice?

Post by Turtle »

About a month ago, I gave the "casual encounters" section of Craigslist a try. I'm not sure if my experience is normal.

I live in a suburban area, so there aren't a lot of kinky ads within my range. Over 4 weeks, I replied to two different ads (different towns, different fantasies, different writing style, etc), and both played out the exact same way.

I replied to the ads via Yahoo Mail with a fairly detailed note. About a week after, I got an extremely brief reply ("When do you want to do it?" and "Hi). I answered each reply and after another week I got virtually a repeat of the first replies. I answered again, but heard nothing thereafter.

Is there some protocol I'm messing up?
elvisomar
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Dom/me(s): None, but I'd be interested

Re: Craigslist Advice?

Post by elvisomar »

I've never followed up on any Craigslist ads, but in general for dating sites or any sex-related social media site, any woman gets literally dozens of messages for every one a man might receive. As a result, even a polite and potentially-interested women can easily be overwhelmed by the responses. So, I can only advocate patience, as well as making sure your messages are polite, straightforward, and respectful, while also including something unique to catch the eye and imagination of the person you are messaging.

Good luck.
tckt78
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by tckt78 »

I think the hardest thing to do with Craigslist is to filter out what's real & what's a sex/spam site trying to have you give them money. If you're into findom, well, that's ok. But it more a denial than anything real IMHO. I personally think you'll have better luck posting your own ad regularly instead of hoping that one of the posted female ads are real, but that's just a hunch. I've also heard good things about bumble, but that's a whole other thing.
Turtle
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by Turtle »

elvisomar wrote: ...any woman gets literally dozens of messages for every one a man might receive.
To clarify, both the ads I answered were from men looking for men. But I think your point stands, because they were open to accepting submissives, while the vast majority of posts only want doms. I was totally expecting to be ignored, which would have ultimately been less disappointing than the puzzling replies I got.
tckt78 wrote: I personally think you'll have better luck posting your own ad regularly...

I kinda doubt it, since there are so many ads posted by guys wanting embarrassing things done to them -- but I will give Bumble a look. Thanks!
AliceInBondageLand
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Mistress

Post by AliceInBondageLand »

I've tried Craigslist as a dominant woman and found only time wasters.
... kinks are hotter when they are authentic.
http://www.aliceinbondageland.com - Putting FUN back into FemDom!!!